Who do you want to see in january? - Realistic suggestions

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 am

The_Rock wrote:Chamakh could be the next drogba :wwww

Does that mean he will score more with his shin than with his foot, foul to steal the ball and when he cannot then throw himself on the ground clutching his face as he has been hit by a sledge hammer. If so you can keep him.  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:36 am

This Chamakh, is there much chance of getting him or is it just the usual gossip
roberto green

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:51 am

roberto green wrote:This Chamakh, is there much chance of getting him or is it just the usual gossip

well, if we're talking transfer fees, chamakh would easily cost in the regions above 10 million. his stock is high, currently wanted by us, arsenal, and the usual 'host of top clubs', but after bordeaux refused to cash in on him last summer, he is now available, on a bosman transfer.

so fiscally, we would only have to worry about picking up his wage bill.

but every transfer has to be agreed upon by both the club and the player. though we could probably use him as a back up striker to torres, i think chamakh would probably be more comfortable in french arsenal with wenger than spanish liverpool with benitez.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:17 pm

kazza wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Chamakh could be the next drogba :wwww

Does that mean he will score more with his shin than with his foot.............

That would be kuyt  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Chamakh could be the next drogba :wwww .... If he is on a free....we should offer him gerrard/torres type of wages to sign him.

Another "Zorba the greek" type player if you ask me?.....another wasted gamble by Rafa huh! ???

you say that now but if he signed rfor Arsenal and set the league alight you'd crucify Rafa for not signing him
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Greavesie wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Chamakh could be the next drogba :wwww .... If he is on a free....we should offer him gerrard/torres type of wages to sign him.

Another "Zorba the greek" type player if you ask me?.....another wasted gamble by Rafa huh! ???

you say that now but if he signed rfor Arsenal and set the league alight you'd crucify Rafa for not signing him

Spot on - damned if he does - damned if he doesnt - from what i have seen this chamakh looks a very powerful striker . On a free would be a great signing .
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:

Spot on - damned if he does - damned if he doesnt - from what i have seen this chamakh looks a very powerful striker . On a free would be a great signing .

Chamakh is great, there's no gamble here.Far from the next Drogba though, but still, we could use him.He could play at various positions and that's what kind of striker we need right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:A realist!......the realisation that we are being led by a manager who will never win the prem with us.......a guy who makes more excuses than he is honest......and a guy who fools some of the fans all of the time but not me :no

Do you ever post in any other threads ? Or do you just use your obviously unheralded  intellect in a concerted effort to cry and whine ,with unrivalled constitution about the manager  ?

Seriously I am glad he doesn't fool you ,because without the constant dirge of posts decrying  the manager you would have no reason to be on the forum ,so I suppose that's beneficial to you ,otherwise what would you find to moan about     ???

I mean other posters air their views but they offer up slightly more relevant reasons as to why they have no faith in Rafa ,other than Sack him ,get rid ,or my particular favourite He's :censored:

Talk about blind faith.....or in your case blind stupidity!...Rafa has had his day, he is living on the "Lucky 05 year" since then he has wasted vast amounts of money on overated, overpaid, under proforming players, (and dont give me the :censored: about the owners not giving him enough money) as much as i hate them two D1cks you cant blame everything on them. Rafa proved he aint got what it takes to spot class players apart from signing Torres (whom he should know about coz' after all he is spanish) some of his other buys have been woeful and the fiasco with Alonso led to him being driven into Real Madrid's hands because of Rafa's arrogant stubourness in pursuing another in Barry (who is not good enough to Lace Alonso's boots) to replace him. All this coupled with bizzare team selections, we have after 5 years ended up with a mediocre manager, with a mediocre team, playing boring football that no one wants to watch.......and that's progress is it?.........by may he will be gone and we will have to start over again with another manager...I wouldn't give Rafa 20p to spend never mind £20 mill. :no

There's some amount of bollox contained in this post, I'll give you that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzza798 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Chamakh, Maxi and a couple of African players that no1s heard of but are probably decent.
muzza798

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Zaki for 1 mill ? Wouldnt mind that
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 pm

He tailed off quite badly and most of his goals where from pen spot - seemed to have a very bad attitude as well but talented - would be a risk for sure
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

for 1 mill he'd be a risk worth taking imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:He tailed off quite badly and most of his goals where from pen spot - seemed to have a very bad attitude as well but talented - would be a risk for sure

If it wasent for him, Bordoux wouldnt won it last year.Not so good this year though.And idk how would he fit in english football.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm

aCe' wrote:for 1 mill he'd be a risk worth taking imo...

It seems we wont even have that to spend
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

And something is kind of silly to me.We sold Dossena, a defender, who's form sucks and had played about 10 - 20 games in the last 2 years, and we sold him for 4 mil.Voronin, who also isnt good, but still he's a striker so he normaly would worth more than a defender and he still was Hertha's nuber one last year, but we are to sell him for 2 mil.And the real confusing part comes now, that is that we are about to buy Maxi Rodriguez, who is a good player, good winger, starter in the Argentinian squad, way better that the other two, and we are buying him for 1,5 mil.Doesnt make sense.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion