Who can we blame?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:13 pm

taff wrote:Unless we end up in a crazy situation where one of the biggest clubs in the world have huge financial difficulties because Parry sold the club to two Yanks that didnt have the money to buy it but refinanced the buy out with a crazy loan that was dubious at the time.  Imagine if that were true  :laugh:

:no  Toe the line Taff its Rafa's fault Moores & Parry sold to the yanks.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simolonge » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 pm

peewee wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The over inflated prices of players perhaps  ??? ?

Or shall we just blame Rafa cause Ronaldo cost 80 million.

I never mentioned rafa, you should know by now if I wanted to slate rafa I would be more direct

No you wouldnt.

You would be a snidey little tw@t.
simolonge

Postby GYBS » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:09 pm

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 pm

GYBS wrote: :laugh:

To quote Sheldon Cooper "it's funny because it's true"
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:34 am

Ciggy wrote:
peewee wrote:I never mentioned rafa, you should know by now if I wanted to slate rafa I would be more direct

Its pretty obvious you mean Rafa.

well you seem to bethe only one to mention it, maybe everyone else realises I would be more than happy to start a thread slating benitez and not be so vague about it
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:35 am

Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:
Owzat wrote:

peewee started the thread, maybe he's hoping someone will say Kuyt  :laugh:

d!ckhead, the more you try and be funner the sadder it gets

Poor little pee, touchy and pathetic and feeling "comedic supremacy" over someone. That's not the first time your automatic response is insults, you're lucky the mods just ignore you like perhaps the rest of us should.

You should look in the mirror before calling someone that by the way. If you had an iota of intelligence you might see what your pathetic remarks about others and Kuyt actually make you

pr!ck, grade A

and pathetic remarks about kuyt? who was it that posted that my mother flashed her vagina to kuyt? oh yes, that was you, the man rapidly becoming the biggest pr!ck on the forum, stick to your stats, theres a good boy.
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:38 am

simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

I never mentioned rafa, you should know by now if I wanted to slate rafa I would be more direct

No you wouldnt.

You would be a snidey little tw@t.

no i wouldnt, seems like you are the snidey little tw@t trying to start a argument where there is none.

if you think i would be worried about directly slating rafa, or anyone connected to the club for that matter, when it is deserved you are also sadly mistaken
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 am

bavlondon wrote:Maybe we should start laying into him for all the home points we are sure to drop against the newly promoted sides. Better yet who want's to get a Rafa out thread started nice and early?

FFS Where is the faith.

We don't deserve to win the :censored: league again with people like these ready to pounce at the slightest moment of discontent.

maybe you struggle to read english.

at what point do I slate rafa in my openeing post, sadly you and some other f*ckwits read it that way because you already have some preconcieved misconception that my posts must be slating either rafa or kuyt.

the point of my post is to highlight early to the people who the past few seasons have put the blame on parry for our transfers (well on our poor transfers, obviously the good transfers are all rafas doing  :D  ) that this season they will have nobody to point the finger at, hence the title of the thread.

maybe it's my fault for crediting some of you with more intelligence than you actually have, maybe next time I will have to write disclaimers (but even then i am sure some of you will still get it all wrong)
112-1077774096

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:47 am

Well, the reason is simple and even if parry was incompetent, it was simple then too. it all comes down to money foremost.

We(Rafa) knows all the positions that needs changing and the money available. If a players that rafa wants is bid on early in the window he will have to make an estimate how much he can spend without jepordising his other areas.
If he only has let's say 20 million to buy 2 players for 2 positions paying above 13 million for one position, will make it very tough to get a good player for the other position.

And then we have the wage structure at the club.
We have a comparably very low average wage if you look at our direct rivals. So if they enter the bidding and does like city and offer Barry 100 k/week we have no chance to even get close with our bid.

This is how it has been and will continue to be unless we get new owners/new stadium/more money.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 am

Not for the first time I think there's been a bit of an over-reaction here. I'm pretty sure I got the point of the thread and I'm no Einstein, so quite why we're getting all this confusion is beyond me. The point of the thread it seems to me was that as we've largely blamed Parry for anything that's gone wrong with the club visa-vis transfers in the past, who are we going to blame this time should it go pear shaped? Quite simple really I should have thought.

For my part, I was largely in favour of the Robbie Keane signing and I'm similarly in favour of signing Glen Johnson. That said, when the Keane signing was going sour I didn't take the ridiculous "it was Parry who signed him not Rafa' stance ( :laugh: still kills me that one) so I just had to work out how I had been so wrong on the signing. Fortunately, I was able to convince myself that Keane had been handled wrongly otherwise he would have been a rip roaring success :laugh:. Peewee's point though is a fair one. If Johnson goes about as well as Keane, who will get the blame this time?

One things absolutely for certain, if Parry was still at the club he'd be getting the blame already before Johnson had even kicked a ball. It would be down to "Parry's negotiating skills" that we were about to pay 17 million quid, there would be rumours that "Rafa said go no higher than 10 for him" as well as whispers that "Rafa wanted to sign him off Chelsea when he was only 4 but Parry fecked it up". I guess there's still time for the last one.

In fact, after making an outlandish and ridiculous prediction on here which actually came true last season, the one about "Parry signed Keane not Rafa", I'm going to see if I can go one better. I'm predicting that before long someone will come in with the rumour that we actually tried to sign him when he was MUCH cheaper, either from Chelsea for 4 million or from Pompey before he signed his new contract, but that Parry fecked it up. This is where you heard it first :D .
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yolz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:08 am

We may never know the truth behind the parry saga, and truth be told, it doesn't really matter right now
Barry went to City for the money, IMHO, he's 29, and only has a couple more years to feather his nest before retirement
Glen Johnson for 18 Million pounds seems a bit excessive on the surface, but could prove to be a steal if he does indeed do a decent job in a traditionaly weak spot for us
We were voted the best starting 11 by many of the writers and pundits,
I think what Rafa is doing is carefully trying to strengthen the team without rocking the boat too much
If he suceeds, he's going to hailed as the next King Kenny,
If he doesn't, he's going to be crucified
IMO, it's just part of the job as a Manager in the most competitive league at the present
Let's just give the lads and Rafa a wee bit more support because if we don't. who will?
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 am

bigmick wrote:Not for the first time I think there's been a bit of an over-reaction here. I'm pretty sure I got the point of the thread and I'm no Einstein, so quite why we're getting all this confusion is beyond me. The point of the thread it seems to me was that as we've largely blamed Parry for anything that's gone wrong with the club visa-vis transfers in the past, who are we going to blame this time should it go pear shaped? Quite simple really I should have thought.

For my part, I was largely in favour of the Robbie Keane signing and I'm similarly in favour of signing Glen Johnson. That said, when the Keane signing was going sour I didn't take the ridiculous "it was Parry who signed him not Rafa' stance ( :laugh: still kills me that one) so I just had to work out how I had been so wrong on the signing. Fortunately, I was able to convince myself that Keane had been handled wrongly otherwise he would have been a rip roaring success :laugh:. Peewee's point though is a fair one. If Johnson goes about as well as Keane, who will get the blame this time?

One things absolutely for certain, if Parry was still at the club he'd be getting the blame already before Johnson had even kicked a ball. It would be down to "Parry's negotiating skills" that we were about to pay 17 million quid, there would be rumours that "Rafa said go no higher than 10 for him" as well as whispers that "Rafa wanted to sign him off Chelsea when he was only 4 but Parry fecked it up". I guess there's still time for the last one.

In fact, after making an outlandish and ridiculous prediction on here which actually came true last season, the one about "Parry signed Keane not Rafa", I'm going to see if I can go one better. I'm predicting that before long someone will come in with the rumour that we actually tried to sign him when he was MUCH cheaper, either from Chelsea for 4 million or from Pompey before he signed his new contract, but that Parry fecked it up. This is where you heard it first :D .

its amazing isnt it mick, you are only a 'dildo seller' yet you seem capable of understanding basic english    :D
112-1077774096

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:42 am

Too much stick Peewes getting for no reason... see the point hes making in the thread and totally agree with it...
few things that seem to be doing the rounds around the forum..
1. The Barry deal... The offer Villa made him to stay in terms of wages wasnt that far off from the one he's getting from mancity now...the offer we apparently made him wasnt that far off either 20K difference was it ? so dont think he moved to City just because hes a money grabbing [email]tw@t...[/email] After the Keane, Crouch, Finnan..etc treatments by Rafa im actually surprised that players of similar quality who wouldnt be guaranteed starting spots and who have been linked to us dont come out and categorically deny wanting to come to Liverpool for that very reason... besides the point but yea...

2. Glen Johnson for 18mill is ridiculous, but atleast now we know hes Rafas buy... his first option, SURELY ?! we'll see how that goes.. but as mick says, if i was a rafa boy i'd start lining up the excuses right about now...

3. Lets not point the finger at our financial struggles while we go out every transfer window and buy 40mill worth of players.. sounds ridiculous and is a pathetic flawed excuse to explain Rafas inadequacy when it comes to transfers...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:20 am

Oh now Rafa has treated those poor ickle footballers so badly - bless them . Finnan- coming to the end of his career and was sold - not the first wont be the last . Crouch - Turned into a decent footballer for us but was deemed to be not as good as Torres and deemed not to be a main front line striker for a team wanting to win big trophies so was sold - not the first not the last . Keane - Arrived over priced , with it seems a big ego in tact , did not perform on consistent enough basis for a big team so was sold back early to ensure not much money was lost on him - wnot the first wont be last . They are big boys now in the football world and im sure they can get over the fact a manager didnt think they were up to the task . They can either be first team starters in small teams fighting for euro league spots while earning big wages or they can be part of a squad going for the big trophies - up to them really - they all though they were good enough to start every game - obviously the manager disagreed with them and i agree with the manager.

Barry - So now we offered him a contract ?! but we didnt even put a bid in for him so how the hell can we offer him a contract ?!!

Johnson - FFS the guy hasnt even F.UCKING arrived yet and people are already saying excuses should be made for him ?!?! GET A F.UCKING GRIP . Maybe players wont come to the club because they see pathetic fans slating them before they even arrive at the club . Obviously supportiing Liverpool has changed over the years . But just once Ace just once it would be nice to see you have a positive word to say about our players our manager and our club .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:26 am

I have seen plenty of positives from ace, i have also seen him call a spade a spade when its required.

nothing wrong with being balanced rather than just accepting mediocrity mate.

I think everyone on the forum says good and bad about the players etc, only some posters go overboard in their defence whilst others accept the other posters view without going on a rant. not everyone has your opinion on what makes a good footballer, a good manager, a good owner etc
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion