here are some and give ur comments
i think for the moment, it is murphy and owen
murphy doing so well and even scoring goals
owen also scoring goals and even has a good record
heskey also playing well for birmingham
why players sold from liverpool doing better then they play at liverpool
KARMANI

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:11 am

I don't think we could had done anything about Owen. He wanted to move one it wasn't like we wanted to sell him. It was his choice and we couldn't stop him from going. I can't really decide, perhaps we should had signed Anelka but he seems to care only about himself and not the team and the club.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:25 am

Litmanen for me. He looked like he could do a lot for us and never really got a proper look in.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leonantoni » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:59 am

In hindsight, after we sold fowler at end of 2001, everything went pear shaped. Maybe it was his presence after being at the club and it had an effect on the players. You could also say Westerveld. Dudek had a good season in 01-02 but after that, he went off his game. Redknapp too comes even though he had injuries, he left us when he was around 28. And berger, he is now prospering at portsmouth, but after his knee injury, GH didn't give him a proper chance to get back into the first team, and sold him after that, when he was only 29. Left midfield has been a problem area ever since.

In hindsight, after we sold fowler at end of 2001, everything went pear shaped. Maybe it was his presence after being at the club and it had an effect on the players. You could also say Westerveld. Dudek had a good season in 01-02 but after that, he went off his game. Redknapp too comes even though he had injuries, he left us when he was around 28. And berger, he is now prospering at portsmouth, but after his knee injury, GH didn't give him a proper chance to get back into the first team, and sold him after that, when he was only 29. Left midfield has been a problem area ever since.

:glare:  :glare:  :glare:  :glare:
leonantoni

Postby akumaface » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:27 am

I would say Anelka because out of all the players listed, he is considered more closeer to world class than the rest. Maybe Owen too but as AB had said, we didn't want to sell him in the first place. You know want, the more I look at the list, i see most of them are just average squad players. No wonder we didn't do well then. Even now, just look at the players we still have on loan, there are a few more squad players right there as well. We just simply do not have enough talent period. Hope Rafa will have more money to spend and spend it wisely.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:20 am

Owen's contract was running out of time, so there was no other option but to sell him rather than let him go on a Bosman, so he should not be in the list.

Of theose in the list, there is not really much to choose from. Litmanen was world class before he came to us but his injuries have reduced him when he was with us. Anelka shold have been bought by Houllier instead of Diouf.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:44 am

I say Phil Babb
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:34 am

Gary Ablett???

seriously, in a right set-up, Litmanen will be super for us...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:04 am

Litmannen for me as well... altho when we got gary mac for that season he was totally awesome for us and we won three cups.. soc ant complain really...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:05 am

I wouldnt have sold Diao  mainly because i wouldnt have bought him in the first place  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 am

berger hi waz a wicked player dnt now why we gt rid of him
1234ram

Postby Ciggy » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:42 am

laza wrote:I wouldnt have sold Diao  mainly because i wouldnt have bought him in the first place  :)

:laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:28 am

Berger was a risk because of his injury (and it was a bad one), but to me Jari Litmannen was a world class player that should have been kept.

The Liverpool game before the Finland / England match, Jari Litmannen did not really play 100% for the club and it was a match that Liverpool lost (so I remember). Houllier after the match seemed to criticise him (jari) stating that he was disappointed at the players that were saving themselves for the Finland / England match. In the Finland / England match, Jari broke his arm and did not play the for rest of the season. He was then shipped out in the summer.

Another Houllier "man-management" f@ck-up, because Jari could have been a great player for us.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilanBarosLFC » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:44 am

For me, it's definitely JARI LITMANEN. I still think that
Gérard Houllier did a big mistake in letting him go. That man was magic. He scored greats goals for us. He had great skills and that would have proved very useful to the club. He was a Liverpool Fan since his early days and i guess that would have been a very good motivation to achieve something with the club that u always loved. Unfortunately he had to leave due to lack of games under Gérard Houllier.

I was also saddened by the sudden departure of Patrik Berger. This man has a great left foot unfortunately he was victim of Gerard's revolution and was always a substitute during his final season with us.
Beware fellow defenders, Milan is coming !
MilanBarosLFC

Postby banana » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:28 pm

Stupid post.

In my book the 3 players we should not have sold are not even in that list, thay are:

Steven Wright
David Thompson
Westerveld        (Then we did not have to splash £ 10 mill on ******)

And we never sold Anelka. We only had him on loan for a couple of months.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion