Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Which is the highest priority

New owners
85%
New manager
15%

Total votes : 53

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Sir Roger wrote:So he agrees that we need four or five players? He would though wouldnt he? New players, like new toys at christmas are lovely, but they cant hide the fact that he is indirectly saying the players weve got, who he bought, are not good enough.
It is an admission of failure on Rafas part that he has fu'cked up with his transfers and therefore his management is poor.

OR, if you look at in a more positive way, we needed to buy them players even though Rafa knew and still knows they aren't good enough.

Example:  I need a phone. I want an Iphone.  I don't have money to buy an iPhone but i still need a phone.  So ill probably buy an average nokia until i can get the money for an iPhone. even though its not exactly what i want, I can get by with it for now.

but if im never giving the money, ill have to settle for less...

Sometimes spending more can save you more in the long run. look at chelsea.  They spent lots on really good players. in the last few seasons, they havent needed to spend so much.
Last edited by jacdaniel on Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon May 03, 2010 12:55 pm

obviously voted owners as that was the point of the thread, they are by a mile the most important thing that needs sorting out.

I am firmly in the camp that wants a complete overhaul though, owners and manager.

But as the thread is asking for what is the biggest priority only someone mad would say changing the manager over the owners is more important.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Mon May 03, 2010 2:38 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:So he agrees that we need four or five players? He would though wouldnt he? New players, like new toys at christmas are lovely, but they cant hide the fact that he is indirectly saying the players weve got, who he bought, are not good enough.
It is an admission of failure on Rafas part that he has fu'cked up with his transfers and therefore his management is poor.

OR, if you look at in a more positive way, we needed to buy them players even though Rafa knew and still knows they aren't good enough.

Example:  I need a phone. I want an Iphone.  I don't have money to buy an iPhone but i still need a phone.  So ill probably buy an average nokia until i can get the money for an iPhone. even though its not exactly what i want, I can get by with it for now.

but if im never giving the money, ill have to settle for less...

Sometimes spending more can save you more in the long run. look at chelsea.  They spent lots on really good players. in the last few seasons, they havent needed to spend so much.

Yes but I dont want an iphone. I want a good, reliable phone which does the job I bought it for. Im not ar'sed about fancy buttons and flashing lights. I simply want to get in touch with people. Anything else could be a distraction and could get in the way.
I also wouldnt use my phone to do other things like hammering nails or opening cans. Why try and change it into something it isnt?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon May 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:obviously voted owners as that was the point of the thread, they are by a mile the most important thing that needs sorting out.

I am firmly in the camp that wants a complete overhaul though, owners and manager.

But as the thread is asking for what is the biggest priority only someone mad would say changing the manager over the owners is more important.

Thank you ben , finally someone who gets the whole question and the thread
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:obviously voted owners as that was the point of the thread, they are by a mile the most important thing that needs sorting out.

Thank you ben , finally someone who gets the whole question and the thread

Give over Benny  :laugh:  :laugh: Everyone "got" the point of the thread, it was a smoke em out and harrangue the feckers exercise which was done before about three weeks ago.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 3:50 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement.

Totally agree this season's results can be improved by alot of the managers... but can they improve on the 82 point and 86 point seasons Mick? isn't that what matters? to be challenging for the league?

Possibly.

It's not too far a stretch to say that if Liverpool had had a different manager last year they would have won the title.

Thats a ridiculous comment.  We did brilliant last season with Rafa's team! 

If Torres and Gerrard had of being fit more often, we probably would have won.  (They only started something like 20 matches together).

We've done :censored: this season cos of injuries, lack of money, and bad decisions by the manager as well.  All of the above had a major impact on the teams confidence. 

BTW, im starting to think we'd be better off without Rafa too but you can't deny the man his achievements. 

I guess if we had another manager, we would have won the champions league and Premier league in 2005??

Not really ridiculous mate, a different manager may have spent the £20million we spent on Keane on a different player, maybe one that wasn't dragged off every other game or dropped repeatedly. A suitable replacement for the injured Torres in other words. A few more goals here and there and the title would have been ours.
I guess if we had another manager, we would have won the champions league and Premier league in 2005??

Highly doubtful mate, but I do believe we may have won a lot more over the last 4 years.
account deleted by request

Postby tonyeh » Tue May 04, 2010 3:00 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement.

Totally agree this season's results can be improved by alot of the managers... but can they improve on the 82 point and 86 point seasons Mick? isn't that what matters? to be challenging for the league?

Possibly.

It's not too far a stretch to say that if Liverpool had had a different manager last year they would have won the title.

Thats a ridiculous comment.  We did brilliant last season with Rafa's team! 

If Torres and Gerrard had of being fit more often, we probably would have won.  (They only started something like 20 matches together).

We've done :censored: this season cos of injuries, lack of money, and bad decisions by the manager as well.  All of the above had a major impact on the teams confidence. 

BTW, im starting to think we'd be better off without Rafa too but you can't deny the man his achievements. 

It's a perfectly reasonable comment.

Liverpool played JUST OK for the better part of last season. It was only in the latter stages, when Benitez took the shackles off, that we saw what the team was truly capable of when not hampered by negative tactics.

A different manager, with a more positive attacking focus, could easilly have turned a couple of those many draws into wins.

That would have sealed the deal.

And S@int is quite correct, perhaps a different manager may have left ON his striker and not hauled him off on the 60+ minute. Maybe a goal might have gone in, in a few of those games, with 20, 15, 10 or 5 minutes to go.

Liverpool would have ended the season with a Premiership trophy, loadsamoney and a very different outlook that the one they have today.
tonyeh

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion