Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Which is the highest priority

New owners
85%
New manager
15%

Total votes : 53

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Yet hey both have final say on if they sell or not , the banks don't , they are both in the driving seat still and will have a say on things .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Not according to the perceived wisdom on this site, but I have my own thoughts on that.

Anyway enough arguing with you, this thread is about NEW OWNERS AND A NEW MANAGER. My view is as I stated.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun May 02, 2010 11:33 pm

I'll be honest i believe the main priority is keeping key players
Kopite-Jud

Postby tubby » Sun May 02, 2010 11:37 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Yet hey both have final say on if they sell or not , the banks don't , they are both in the driving seat still and will have a say on things .

It's in the banks hands. As mentioned the board now is made up of Hicks, Gillette, Hicks Jr, Ayre, Purslow and Broughton. One thing Hicks and Gillette have lost is the power to veto any deal. The bank will find a deal best suited for the club and to pay off the debt.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Just for the record Bav I haven't changed my mind on the manager. I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement. I think overall his time at Liverpool is turning into a disaster.

What I've changed my mind on (and it's more of a realisation, a seeing of the light if you like) is that I'm pretty certain he'll still be here next season. Yes if Juventus are mad enough to take him off our hands we might get rid, but I can see our owners blocking that by asking for compensation. They need rafa to stay mate, it suits the powers that be down to the ground, so he'll stay IMHO. You've only got to listen to the people on here and see how far expectations have been squashed to see how any money men would love Rafa. Give it a couple of seasons and staying up will be celebrated like a title win if he carries on as he is. When you start off the season simply looking to be top eight, you don't as an owner have to go in for the best players or pay the best wages. The money men love Rafa, and they'll want to keep him.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 03, 2010 12:59 am

bigmick wrote:Just for the record Bav I haven't changed my mind on the manager. I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement. I think overall his time at Liverpool is turning into a disaster.

What I've changed my mind on (and it's more of a realisation, a seeing of the light if you like) is that I'm pretty certain he'll still be here next season. Yes if Juventus are mad enough to take him off our hands we might get rid, but I can see our owners blocking that by asking for compensation. They need rafa to stay mate, it suits the powers that be down to the ground, so he'll stay IMHO. You've only got to listen to the people on here and see how far expectations have been squashed to see how any money men would love Rafa. Give it a couple of seasons and staying up will be celebrated like a title win if he carries on as he is. When you start off the season simply looking to be top eight, you don't as an owner have to go in for the best players or pay the best wages. The money men love Rafa, and they'll want to keep him.

Doesn't make sense... Rafa is the one asking for more investments on players... and if we don't get CL football the money men will earn less money...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 1:06 am

maguskwt wrote:
bigmick wrote:Just for the record Bav I haven't changed my mind on the manager. I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement. I think overall his time at Liverpool is turning into a disaster.

Doesn't make sense... Rafa is the one asking for more investments on players... and if we don't get CL football the money men will earn less money...

He has said NOTHING all season mate, its only now that his job is on the line that he has started moaning about money.

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 am

Done this one the other week GYBS lad . Just going over old ground now . I think it's fair to say that we have a good indication of where the forums priorties lie . I think it's also fair to say that we came to the decision that you can be anti rafa and anti yank aswell .

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27828
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 1:09 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Done this one the other week GYBS lad . Just going over old ground now . I think it's fair to say that we have a good indication of where the forums priorties lie . I think it's also fair to say that we came to the decision that you can be anti rafa and anti yank aswell .

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=27828

Just as a side note Igor, whats all this about a meeting between S.O.S. and Rafa in March mate?

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 03, 2010 1:11 am

s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

He has said NOTHING all season mate, its only now that his job is on the line that he has started moaning about money.

That's so not fair Saint , if he would have came out in the press at the start of the season and said he had no money imagine how much sh!te he would have got ie oh rafa again making excuses for a defeat or for a bad run or what ever , he can't win . Anyway mate it's all irrelevent now.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 03, 2010 1:14 am

s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

so are we asking him to moan more now?  :D

I remember Rafa keep saying that he is ok with the financial plan (or somewhat to that extent) when asked about more investments by reporters earlier in the season... so it may be that purslow had promised more money this coming summer and didn't say anything because we all sometimes wait for things in good faith now don't we?...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 1:14 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

That's so not fair Saint , if he would have came out in the press at the start of the season and said he had no money imagine how much sh!te he would have got ie oh rafa again making excuses for a defeat or for a bad run or what ever , he can't win . Anyway mate it's all irrelevent now.

Don't want to get into any real discussion about it mate , I will just say it may be better to make your problems known before you fail rather than after you have failed. Reasons become excuses once you have failed. 

I think he will stay btw.

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 03, 2010 1:21 am

maguskwt wrote:
s@int wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

so are we asking him to moan more now?  :D

I remember Rafa keep saying that he is ok with the financial plan (or somewhat to that extent) when asked about more investments by reporters earlier in the season... so it may be that purslow had promised more money this coming summer and didn't say anything because we all sometimes wait for things in good faith now don't we?...

Theres a time and place for moaning, thats when it might do some good e.g. while the transfer window is open, not once the season is over when it just sounds like more excuses.

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 03, 2010 1:29 am

bigmick wrote:I'd get rid of him in a flash, and I think just about any one of dozens of candidates will be an improvement.

Totally agree this season's results can be improved by alot of the managers... but can they improve on the 82 point and 86 point seasons Mick? isn't that what matters? to be challenging for the league?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 03, 2010 1:31 am

s@int wrote:Theres a time and place for moaning, thats when it might do some good e.g. while the transfer window is open, not once the season is over when it just sounds like more excuses.

Ok s@int I'll tell Rafa to come on here pm you for your contacts and employ you as his adviser next time I see him...  :D

btw everytime i write your name there's a link to it... what's up with that  :laugh: ... apparently there's someone called 's' at 'int'...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion