85%
New manager
15%

Total votes : 53

Postby roberto green » Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm

no brainer the owners
roberto green

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 10:36 pm

The problem for me is we cannot just stand still doing nothing until the owners finally decide to go. We need to get the things we CAN do sorted now where possible. We need to sell players .... buy players etc etc, and while we have a manager that we cant afford to sack and who seemingly won't go unless he gets his £16million we are again stuck.

I just think to say we can't get a new manager until we get new owners is like saying we can't sign new players until we get a new manager. We will finish up doing nothing and come next season we will be in the same boat as we were this season fighting for a european place rather than for top four or the title.

We should do what we can NOW. If we need a new manager show the old one the door , if we need new players sell some of the old ones to tide us over financially until we finally get the investment we need...... for f.ucks sake don't just sit there with our fingers up our bums waiting for the owners to finally say good buy.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun May 02, 2010 10:40 pm

s@int wrote:The problem for me is we cannot just stand still doing nothing until the owners finally decide to go. We need to get the things we CAN do sorted now where possible. We need to sell players .... buy players etc etc, and while we have a manager that we cant afford to sack and who seemingly won't go unless he gets his £16million we are again stuck.

I just think to say we can't get a new manager until we get new owners is like saying we can't sign new players until we get a new manager. We will finish up doing nothing and come next season we will be in the same boat as we were this season fighting for a european place rather than for top four or the title.

We should do what we can NOW. If we need a new manager show the old one the door , if we need new players sell some of the old ones to tide us over financially until we finally get the investment we need...... for f.ucks sake don't just sit there with our fingers up our bums waiting for the owners to finally say good buy.

The only thing that we can really do right now is just get rid of the players we don't need. But I wouldn't get rid of the manager. The new owner might want him in place, and we don't even know if we can bring in anyone better yet. If it wasn't for Rafa mate we might not have players like Pepe or Fernando playing for us so we can't just dismiss him like that. What if it has a chain reaction and others start wanting to leave?

We are better of keeping him in place and just selling the players we need to get rid off in the intrim. Then once the new owner comes in we can look to buy more players and if needed replace the manager. But I can't see why any new owner would want Rafa out anyway. He has a great record in Europe and we are only short a handful of good players of being a good side again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:
s@int wrote:The problem for me is we cannot just stand still doing nothing until the owners finally decide to go. We need to get the things we CAN do sorted now where possible. We need to sell players .... buy players etc etc, and while we have a manager that we cant afford to sack and who seemingly won't go unless he gets his £16million we are again stuck.

The only thing that we can really do right now is just get rid of the players we don't need. But I wouldn't get rid of the manager. The new owner might want him in place, and we don't even know if we can bring in anyone better yet. If it wasn't for Rafa mate we might not have players like Pepe or Fernando playing for us so we can't just dismiss him like that. What if it has a chain reaction and others start wanting to leave?

We are better of keeping him in place and just selling the players we need to get rid off in the intrim. Then once the new owner comes in we can look to buy more players and if needed replace the manager. But I can't see why any new owner would want Rafa out anyway. He has a great record in Europe and we are only short a handful of good players of being a good side again.

And what happens if the new owners only come in at Christmas mate. We have sold half the team and we are stuck with a manager who possibly wants to go and a board that seemingly wants him out. 

Looking on the black side what happens if we don't get new owners until February. Stuck with half a team for ALL next season and a manager who would prefer to be elsewhere and a board that no longer seemingly trusts him.

Nah mate you can't plan in half measures ..... do what we can NOW and hopefully there won't be that much to do once the new owners are in place.

Its a bit like saying we shouldn't sign Tevez now (given the chance) because once we get new investment we could perhaps afford Messi  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun May 02, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 10:51 pm

The problem with the situation of signing players is we can't afford any players unless we get them for free so to get these players we need new owners
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:The problem with the situation of signing players is we can't afford any players unless we get them for free so to get these players we need new owners

Wrong as usual Benny , we sell some of the poorer players like Babel and buy better ones with the money..... easy

Postby tubby » Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Agree with the selling and buying of some players now but not getting rid of the manager yet. Give him another year Saint come on mate. Dawson and Mick managed to change their minds, just you Judge and Ozwat left! :p

If I was Martin Brougton I would be I would be working around the clock to sell the club as soon as possble. And by that I mean in the next few weeks, before the world cup. Otherwise we risk losing our biggest assets in Torres, Mascherano and possibly Stevie too..... after he has finished celebrating Chelsea's league win of course.
Last edited by tubby on Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 pm

s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:The problem with the situation of signing players is we can't afford any players unless we get them for free so to get these players we need new owners

Wrong as usual Benny , we sell some of the poorer players like Babel and buy better ones with the money..... easy

Saint we need to find 100 million pound to give to the bank . Any money gained from any sales will not all go on player purchases , just like the last couple of windows
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 11:09 pm

bavlondon wrote:Agree with the selling and buying of some players now but not getting rid of the manager yet. Give him another year Saint come on mate. Dawson and Mick managed to change their minds, just you Judge and Ozwat left! :p

If I was Martin Brougton I would be I would be working around the clock to sell the club as soon as possble. And by that I mean in the next few weeks, before the world cup. Otherwise we risk losing our biggest assets in Torres, Mascherano and possibly Stevie too..... after he has finished celebrating Chelsea's league win of course.

I can't change my mind just because others have mate. I didn't jump to my decision overnight, and even when I first started saying that we needed a new manager I wasn't happy about it, as I wasn't sure in my own mind. I am still not 100% sure, but ALMOST, and in football thats about as sure as you can get.

I believe that MANY managers would have done better with Liverpool than Rafa has (money or no money) and I AM sure of that. Maybe Rafa if given £200million would create a title winning team, but then again so would many other managers. As we are not likely to get £200million I would prefer a manager that can do more with less. A manager that prepares the team properly in pre-season, a manager who picks teams to WIN games rather than to nullify the opposition in the hope of snatching a win. A manager who doesn't favour hard work and endevour over talent and skill.

I still believe he is a good manager mate, just not good enough. As I have always said ..... he makes too many mistakes , and I would add to that, he doesn't seem to learn from them either. 

I think there is more chance of us losing our best players due to poor performances and lack of trophies rather than any change of manager, and Rafa just has not produced the trophies often enough.

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 11:12 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:

Saint we need to find 100 million pound to give to the bank . Any money gained from any sales will not all go on player purchases , just like the last couple of windows

spec- u- lation .

The owners are no longer in control of the club, the board decide where and on what any money is spent and NO as far as I am aware WE DO NOT need to pay £100million as the RBS have agreed to wait until the club is sold.

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 11:17 pm

And you really think the two people who own the club are going to give any money to buy players your dreaming , they have asked someone to find a buyer but thy still control the club end of story .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And you really think the two people who own the club are going to give any money to buy players your dreaming , they have asked someone to find a buyer but thy still control the club end of story .

Wrong again Benny. The board now controls the club.

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 11:21 pm

And which two people are on the board saint - yes that's right Hicks and Gillette plus purslow and ayres two more of their men , they still own the club and will have a massive say it what happens
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 02, 2010 11:25 pm

If you think they have given up control then your mad , as much as a pair of twa.ts they are they aren't stupid .
Benny The Noon

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:And which two people are on the board saint - yes that's right Hicks and Gillette plus purslow and ayres two more of their men , they still own the club and will have a massive say it what happens

Purslow was appointed by RBS , the Chairman was appointed by Barcap ..... do you really believe they would have agreed to extending the loan and leaving control with the two tw@ts. The only reason they agreed to extending the loan was because the two tw@ts agreed to give up control of the club ...... AND SELL IT.

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion