9%
Hysel
2%
Other (please specify)
22%

Total votes : 55

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Sabre wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:why are we soo far away from valenica under rafa it hurts?

we are like the opposite of his valencia team

Yes, we're far from Valencia.

They reached the CL final once, not twice, and they lost it.

Their coach left Valencia and joined Liverpool, a common thing to see when a coach does his work well, he gets promoted to a bigger club.

I remember Valencia losing under Rafa aswell. They were not invincible, and they won the league by one point IIRC, I'm sure we'll win it by 4! :)

Honestly, they were not above in their game. Of course yes yesterday, we were poor, but not overall.

the way they played though i mean

amazing ball retention

i think we lack that aimar type player that rafa had
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:38 pm

The Grudge wrote:Last nights performance was purely down to the players on the pitch!
Raffa can only lead them to the white line and after that its up to them to perform..its a question of whether they want it more than opponents,last night they looked as if they all wanted to be somewhere else.We looked like a team with problems,im beginning to wonder if all is ok in the dressing room at times and if the players are actually commited to Raffas ideas and way of thginking.

Marsielle wanted it more from the off and deserved all 3 points..we deserved what we got,nothing!
I dont know how any of our ten outfield players could walk in to training today with their heads up,they should be ashamed of that effort.

I could'nt believe what i was watching last night,The french were first to every ball every time our players fought for nothing,it was hard to watch.Im not blaming just him but Sissoko in particular was sh.ite,he done nothong positive all night!

Overall it may not be the end of the world because we still have 4 more group matches and if we win all 13 points should be enough..but if we play like last night we dont deserve it.

In answer to the poll:D
I blame the players because they did not try enough,Benitez has a hard motivating job to do though as he is failing to get them up for it!

In one.

The fault lies at the feet of the players who have simply not performed.

I deliberately left the players off the list and added other hoping someone would point it out.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm

who voted for the crowd?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:13 pm

Where's the option to blame Crouch?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 pm

What kind of poll is this
Who's to blame - RB is as in every line of business managers take the praise for things done well, and carry the can for mistakes. Only problem is RB never learns from his mistakes being rotation.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Grudge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Owzat wrote:Where's the option to blame Crouch?

:D

Thats a bit unfair!

If it was just that simple it would be easy mate.I do agree though Crouch has been shi'te this term,but he was only one out of a very bad 10 last night!
The Grudge

Postby heimdall » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm

The Grudge wrote:Last nights performance was purely down to the players on the pitch!
Raffa can only lead them to the white line and after that its up to them to perform..its a question of whether they want it more than opponents,last night they looked as if they all wanted to be somewhere else.We looked like a team with problems,im beginning to wonder if all is ok in the dressing room at times and if the players are actually commited to Raffas ideas and way of thginking.

Marsielle wanted it more from the off and deserved all 3 points..we deserved what we got,nothing!
I dont know how any of our ten outfield players could walk in to training today with their heads up,they should be ashamed of that effort.

I could'nt believe what i was watching last night,The french were first to every ball every time our players fought for nothing,it was hard to watch.Im not blaming just him but Sissoko in particular was sh.ite,he done nothong positive all night!

Overall it may not be the end of the world because we still have 4 more group matches and if we win all 13 points should be enough..but if we play like last night we dont deserve it.

I blame the players because they did not try enough,Benitez has a hard motivating job to do though as he is failing to get them up for it!

I'm sorry but this is complete :censored:, "Raffa can only lead them to the white line and after that its up to them to perform",
absolute rubbish, he should be geeing them up and getting them phsyched up and ready for the game. Yesterday even in the beginning of the second half they were completely flat.

Obviously the players aren't commited to Rafa's vision, whatever the hell that might be. If I was a player I wouldn't be comitted to it either, you play a blinder of a game then get benched, in what other sport does that happen, how many games does Ronaldo miss, or Giggs for that matter or Drogba!!!!
Rotation only makes sense to Rafa and a few rose tinted fools on this forum but the vast majority are coming round to the idea that Rafa has lost the plot.
If I was Hicks or Gillet I would certainly be asking Rafa why the F&^k I just paid £26 million for a perfectly fit striker to have him warm the bench on a semi regular basis!! It's a joke, the other managers must be laughing their :censored: off at us.
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:53 pm

heimdall wrote:It's a joke, the other managers must be laughing their :censored: off at us.

Probably laughing their heads off at you lad.

Get a grip will you please.

We lost one game, 0-1.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:54 pm

I'm alarmed at Gerrards body language.  He seems to be going through one of his moods again when he needs to be told he is loved by everyone.

www.douglassport.ie
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:49 pm

heimdall wrote:

I'm sorry but this is complete :censored:, "Raffa can only lead them to the white line and after that its up to them to perform",
absolute rubbish, he should be geeing them up and getting them phsyched up and ready for the game. Yesterday even in the beginning of the second half they were completely flat.

Obviously the players aren't commited to Rafa's vision, whatever the hell that might be. If I was a player I wouldn't be comitted to it either, you play a blinder of a game then get benched, in what other sport does that happen, how many games does Ronaldo miss, or Giggs for that matter or Drogba!!!!
Rotation only makes sense to Rafa and a few rose tinted fools on this forum but the vast majority are coming round to the idea that Rafa has lost the plot.
If I was Hicks or Gillet I would certainly be asking Rafa why the F&^k I just paid £26 million for a perfectly fit striker to have him warm the bench on a semi regular basis!! It's a joke, the other managers must be laughing their :censored: off at us.

Torres played 90 minutes you dickhead.

And he also played against Wigan.

Short memory, or just a bit thick?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Torres played 90 minutes you dickhead.

And he also played against Wigan.

Short memory, or just a bit thick?

to be fair Lando, Torres has warmed the bench in games when I think nearly everybody else was expecting him to play this season.. 

I am worried about the rotation this year.  As I have said in another thread our squad is stronger this year but we are not in a position to make 4 or 5 changes in a game. 

I believe sensible rotation is the right way to go, but EVERY game we should be playing

Reina
Carragher
Agger
Gerrard
Torres

and I would think that players such as

Pennant
Finnan
Risse  should be playing MOST games

At home we should not be concerned with what the oppositions strengths are, we should make them worry about what are strenghths are..

Am I losing faith in Rafa.. not yet, am I concerned.. Yes I am!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Sean » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 pm

It got so bad on Wednesday night that I was even thinking we could have done with Harry Kewell to deliver some creativity.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby The Grudge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:07 pm

heimdall wrote:

The seasons young mate!

Lest see who's laughing at the end of it!
In all your posts you point the blame at Raffa after every game..that is your right albeit clueless.

Im not saying hes perfect,i do disagree with the managers ideas at times but show me a supporter of any club who agrees with the manager every time?

Last night Celtic beat Milan,Chelsea beat Valencia away they done it because their players worked their balls off and gave 100% with passion.

Last night Raffa put out eleven mega rich footballers and only one came off the pitch(our goalkeeper) haven given his all.
The other ten did not work for eachother,did not try hard enough and need to be ashamed of a half hearted effort...Maybe the manager is to blame,maybe i am wrong and you are right.
But regardless of the team he put out and what people like you think he should have changed they should have done better.
The Grudge

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:22 pm

The Grudge wrote:
heimdall wrote:

The seasons young mate!

Lest see who's laughing at the end of it!
In all your posts you point the blame at Raffa after every game..that is your right albeit clueless.

Im not saying hes perfect,i do disagree with the managers ideas at times but show me a supporter of any club who agrees with the manager every time?

Last night Celtic beat Milan,Chelsea beat Valencia away they done it because their players worked their balls off and gave 100% with passion.

Last night Raffa put out eleven mega rich footballers and only one came off the pitch(our goalkeeper) haven given his all.
The other ten did not work for eachother,did not try hard enough and need to be ashamed of a half hearted effort...Maybe the manager is to blame,maybe i am wrong and you are right.
But regardless of the team he put out and what people like you think he should have changed they should have done better.

Good points.... I'm not in agreement with you on some of the points, mate....
And I've a question for you.... In your opinion, why is it that 10 out of 11 highly paid players
"did not work for each other, did not try hard enough"?

What do you reckon is the ROOT cause?

I reckon it's simplistic to say that they didn't put in enuff effort (which they patently didn't of course... agree 100%). The real question is "WHY?"....
Don't you think?
ConnO'var

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:31 pm

Why? well has anybody here had a bad day at work, or a bad week or month? I'm sure that everyone has. Why can't that just be the  reason, we've played poorly and then lost confidence, and therefore play a little worse. All teams have a bad patch during the course of a season, its how they recover, and how quickly that is important. Its down to Rafa, and the senior players to sort it out.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion