Whats happening with cisse?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:20 pm

I thought he was signing today (1st June)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:24 pm

july 1st mate. :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:13 pm

Hopefully nothing. He shouldn't be signed.

The new manager should be made to work with what he has this season. Theres more than enough to finish 4th to get us into the champions league.

He should be forced into learning about what he has before he gets rid of the squad we already have. Most of it is in place.
115-1073096938

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:20 pm

I know nothing about Cisse but I agree that the manager should probably wait until January anyway to see what the story is. Ranieri spent nothing at Chelsea the summer before last and the players all knew other and they got into the CL.

OH no! I agree with Stu!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:46 pm

Has their been any precontractual (big word for me) agree'd?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:30 am

stu_the_red wrote:Hopefully nothing. He shouldn't be signed.

The new manager should be made to work with what he has this season. Theres more than enough to finish 4th to get us into the champions league.

He should be forced into learning about what he has before he gets rid of the squad we already have. Most of it is in place.

4th is not a challenge. I want LFC to be champions. To do that the new manager needs a better injection of quality.
I agreee he needs to know his squad well, inside out.
I'll like to have Cisse in, he will complement the supply that the midfield has provided with goals galore. With that our youngsters will have competition within the squad to improve themselves. More quality will bring in much needed improvement into the team.
I really see Cisse fits into the team and the league nicely. His strength, speed, aggression and stamina is needed in the frontline.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Badmao1 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:55 am

Agree that players should be given a chance but that doesn't mean we should go out and buy proven quality players. The current squad could be moulded into a championship winning team, but i doubt it.

New quality defender
Two quality midfieldes

Also if we don't prove to players like Gerrard, Owen and Kewell that we are willing to bring in quality then they will look elsewhere.
Badmao1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieRed » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:23 am

Whoever says Cisse is a waste of money is a fool.. we are not buying a player like Cisse for only today but as he is young he is a player for the next 7 yrs at least (before Chelsea buy him!!), if you were offered a young Henry for 14 million pounds knowing what he would be like you would have no complaints.. I am not saying that he is an Henry coz as much as it hurts me to say it.. HE IS A FREAK! Remember though that Cisse has replaced Trezeguet as the striker alongside Henry (apart from now as suspended for Euro) and therefore must be class.... Dont be scared of young talent after the flops of JH
AussieRed

Postby AussieRed » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:24 am

Sorry that was GH, wrong key press!!!
AussieRed

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:47 am

4th is not a challenge. I want LFC to be champions. To do that the new manager needs a better injection of quality.
I agreee he needs to know his squad well, inside out.
I'll like to have Cisse in, he will complement the supply that the midfield has provided with goals galore. With that our youngsters will have competition within the squad to improve themselves. More quality will bring in much needed improvement into the team.
I really see Cisse fits into the team and the league nicely. His strength, speed, aggression and stamina is needed in the frontline.

You are surely having a laugh?

The new manager will probably only know about Gerrard and Owen from our team. Maybe Hyypia and Hamann but he isn't gonna be an expert on the rest.

2-3 years would be a realistic target for winning the league.

How can the new manager know what we need without seeing his team perform?

He can't.
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:25 pm

if hes watched us a few times last season he'll know how the teams performs, but i thik u mean to see how they perform under him so yeah i would agree he needs time to see what they're like, but cisse is amazing, just as pacey as henry if not as pacey, nearly as pacey, i've seen the videos of some of his goals, and if he performs like that in a liverpool shirt i don't see y he can't take the pressure of owen, thats what we've been lacking though i don't want to see baros sit on the bench next season for most of it, so hopefully abit of rotation up front might do the trick
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:47 pm

I can't wait to see Cisse in a red shirt:

Get rid of: Cheyrou, Diao, Diouf, Biscan, and Traore

Bring in: Aimar, Ayala, Davids (free), Cisse, VDV.

Sorry I was dreaming there  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:49 pm

We are having the same dream but in my dream, I've got Mexes as well :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion