What was alonso booked for? - They didn't show it on espn.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:47 am

Lee J wrote:I just wonder how much that sneaky Russian b@st@rd paid for Terry to win Player of the Year? Also I wonder how much it cost him to be Champions league winners? I've got this funny feeling all is not what it seems.

As for Guddnonesense, I'm writing to my MP, what with elections next week, I want something done about the yellow card! Failing that, I'll settle for him contracting a critical illness.:;):

Hopefully he catches Cobbles, a condition that turns the sufferer in to a pile of rocks!! (thats for anyone who watched the quality, look around you when it was on)
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:05 am

Bruno Zidane! wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Sickening and woeful decision, but how many were made tonight?

at least 8 or 9. Carvalho should have been booked AT LEAST for his 5 fouls... persistant fouling i believe... but no.

Lampard for his 4.

Terry for his stand on Luis Garcia (even though it wasn't completely intentional).

Disgracefull performance by that referee and one i'm really annoyed about.

Justice for Xabi...

Lets show then what a europian night at anfields all about!!!

Tellin ye stu mate, Biscan give his 1st foul away and referee told him 1 more and youre gettin booked that was in the 1st half and then with about 20 minutes left Igor give his 2nd foul away and he books him, Carvalho must have give 6 or 7 free kicks away but he only needed a yellow card to be suspended as did terry who stood on garcias ankle, ref was a cu.nt

Oh yeah, Terry stepped on Garcia foot deliberately but didn't get a yellow. It looked so ugly from replay. What the F*ck was the ref thinking!!  :angry: I usually do not like to brag about the ref but its really unbelievable. How the hell can a ref miss so many call. One or two call missed, I would have understand but when you talk about in double digit, one has to wonder what really happened... Does anyone know whether the ref will be announced in advance now? Do you think it would better not to unveil the ref until the game start??
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:29 pm

Don't complain too much about the referee. It was a difficult game for him. But he made two or three big errors that benefited chelsea that is true. But we have to let go, and only hope that he had the courage to write in his report that he made a mistake when he booked alonso. If so, Alonso will be able to play next game.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:09 pm

banana wrote:Don't complain too much about the referee. It was a difficult game for him. But he made two or three big errors that benefited chelsea that is true. But we have to let go, and only hope that he had the courage to write in his report that he made a mistake when he booked alonso. If so, Alonso will be able to play next game.

Yes, I understand it was a difficult game but any game is a difficult game. So, I don't see it as an excuse of not complaining about the ref. That simply stated that the Ref from last night was not up to par. I think we need to make it known that the Ref had a poor game. So, next time, they will assign someone better. As I said before, if he missed couple, then I would see it not as a deliberate attempt but he missed tons of call while obviously showing a double standard for the same kind of foul. I don't want to start a conspiracy but simply from the action of the ref, we have to wonder...
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi siti ... I pun anak singapura .... kita kawan nak tak ??? :p
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:28 pm

The ref missed virtually every Chelsea foul, an gave freekicks against Baros for making normal challenges. Alonso got booked when there was no contact...from the position the ref was in it might of looked like a professional foul...therefore would warrant a booking. But if he looks at the replay he will see there was no contact an that Gudjohnson has been watching Joe Cole too much and dived.
I dont think you can appeal a yellow card...only a red isn't it ??
Would it be rescinded if the ref put in his report that it was a mistake ??

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:32 pm

Official from OS:

Xabi Alonso has spoken of his devastation after collecting a yellow card which rules him out of next week's second leg with Chelsea at Anfield. 
The Spaniard had hoped the French referee would change his mind and not produce the card following an innocuous looking challenge on Eidur Gudjohnsen, but he's now resigned to missing out on the Reds' biggest night in years as they look to secure a place in the Champions League final.

Liverpool have no right of appeal over the decision and must now make plans for the second leg without their inspirational midfield star.

"You can see on the replay I didn't touch the player," said Alonso today.

"When I saw the yellow card I couldn't believe it because I knew what it meant. I feel so sad to be missing the second leg.

"I hoped after seeing the tackle again, maybe the referee could change his mind, but we've been told it's not possible to appeal.

"It's a big disappointment for me to miss the game at Anfield, because it will be a special night. Now I just hope we can get through to the final so I have another chance to play in the competition."

Gudjohnsen denied claims he had deliberately sought to trick the referee into booking Alonso as he knew the consequences which would follow.

"It's disappointing for him to get the yellow card, but it's not my decision it's the referee's decision," said Gudjohnsen.

"I would never try to get a fellow professional booked. The referee just gave the foul and got the book out. I understand his disappointment and it's a shame for him to miss the next game.

"But I'm a Chelsea player so there's nothing I can do to stop it. It's one of those things. I didn't agree with Joe Cole's booking either."

A UEFA spokesman today confirmed Liverpool cannot appeal against the decision.

"The only way a decision can be changed is if there is a case of mis-taken identity and the referee has taken down the wrong number of a player," he said.

"A referee cannot change his decision once he has booked an individual player." 

Thanks for nothing you hairy froggy french tw@t!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:27 pm

Does anyone have a video of the foul?  All i have is the one from espn when they don't even bother to replay the incident !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion