What number one striker that we should sign?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:43 pm

i really dont think there is any need for a new striker this season.
but if we had to sign anyone reallisticly it would of been dirk kuyt, but his stayin put until the end of the season so......
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:11 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:Who would be your ideal forward would be to wear the Red shirt?

Adriano. I think yes what about you Craig?
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:16 pm

I saw the striker for PSV but I forgot his name. He looks awesome and may come cheap. He got great touch and tremendous pace. Most importantly, his awareness and shooting skill is much better. So, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, let me know

DeMarcus Beasley?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:51 pm

A.B. wrote:
I saw the striker for PSV but I forgot his name. He looks awesome and may come cheap. He got great touch and tremendous pace. Most importantly, his awareness and shooting skill is much better. So, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, let me know

DeMarcus Beasley?

Jan Veenegor of Hessellink?

Not a bad player at all, perfectly suited to the English game.
Last edited by JBG on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:53 pm

JBG wrote:
A.B. wrote:

DeMarcus Beasley?

he was linked with spurs a while back. then again, who hasn't been linked with spurs? :D

"oh we'll drink we'll drink, we'll drink
for jan venegoor of hesselink
the player with the longest name"

:laugh:
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stoney » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:03 pm

JBG wrote:
A.B. wrote:

DeMarcus Beasley?

Must be Beasley as I don't recall Hesselink having blistering pace.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:03 pm

akumaface wrote:I saw the striker for PSV but I forgot his name. He looks awesome and may come cheap. He got great touch and tremendous pace. Most importantly, his awareness and shooting skill is much better. So, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, let me know. :p

Hesselink isn't blessed with pace so that's him out - Farfan's about the paciest player they have but I don't think he's renowned for his goalscoring, much like Govou @ Lyon.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:03 pm

No, Hesselink isn't fast. Beasley is only an average player, though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Hows about Henrick Larsson on a free from Barcelona, good deal short term and guaranteed goals. Buys us time to find a longer term solution whilst hes knocking them in for us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:30 pm

parchpea wrote:Hows about Henrick Larsson on a free from Barcelona, good deal short term and guaranteed goals. Buys us time to find a longer term solution whilst hes knocking them in for us.

I agree. He'd be a great asset to the squad.
his a proven goal scorer. and could snap him up for a free.
his not had the best of times at barca, mainly due to injury.

he would be a good short term striker. he'll add that experience we are lacking in up front. (i know we have nando but his english is not the best to influence crouch and djibs.)
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:15 am

yo yo yo gotta be da man leroy lita init, ya get me boi hez da bomb any u gurlz got msn btw?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:33 am

I'm going to be the only one that think this, but it's my opinion. I'd like to buy a striker, but not a well known one. My best option would be that Rafa and his team scout players through out Europe and they buy a young striker under 6M quid.

With all due respect I think there is some madness in England right now about the fees on some players. 6M quid is an important amount of money. Even in Spain. I tell this, because I also knew times in Spain (5 years) ago or so, when lots of money were wasted. Our funds can't be infinite. And the amount of money we lost with Houllier, was ridiculous.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:58 am

Sabre wrote:Our funds can't be infinite. And the amount of money we lost with Houllier, was ridiculous.

s*hit happens mate. Look what 14M bought us? An utter piece of cr@p!

gotta vent
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:31 am

Can't believe Liverpool never went in for Defoe when he left West Ham he was agreat player. At the moment he isn't playing regularly at tottenham and many believe its his attitude. However I'd have him here in a heart beat. I know your lookin at 15m plus but he is definitley worth it.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:11 am

Feeney wrote:
akumaface wrote:I saw the striker for PSV but I forgot his name. He looks awesome and may come cheap. He got great touch and tremendous pace. Most importantly, his awareness and shooting skill is much better. So, if anyone knows who I'm talking about, let me know. :p

Hesselink isn't blessed with pace so that's him out - Farfan's about the paciest player they have but I don't think he's renowned for his goalscoring, much like Govou @ Lyon.

Actually, I think the guys name is Aruna Kone and he is from Ghana. I watched several matches and he looks very creative and dangerous. Most importantly, he passes very well especially in link up play.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion