What is kuyt really worth?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:41 am

Good Bob wrote:You're starting to sound like me arguing with 7_kewell, Bavlondon, John_Craig, Johnnymac, JBG, stmichael, smeg, bigmick, cool hand luke, shanks74, the hustler, Oasis, bad bob, dalglish, LFC#1, LFC, supersub, Dawson99 and one or two others... :D

You forgot a.B. and that fella with the dollars in his avatar Stu  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:43 am

Dirk Kuyt is a great striker but the question is whether he will adapt to the premiership. Kezman was also prolific in the Dutch championship but when he joined Chelski, he scored very rarely.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:44 am

Raiden Warr wrote:Actually the only person I'm in a snit with is Peu Weu. I think Bad Bob is cool. I like our discussions. I've even quoted him to a few of my mates. Oasis I find a tad condescending and who the hell is Karim? What did he do? Did he get thrown off the forum or something?
Here is a clue.
I must be female because I type lots. The rest of you boys type one liners. Everyone knows girls talk loads well we type loads too.
Besides If I was Karim I would have figured out how the quote thing works by now.

You're judging Kuyt on a few World Cup appearances, of course I'm gonna say something. That's like comparing a player playing in friendly matches. Me condescending? Never, why on earth would I do that?  :laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:02 am

Anfield Kop wrote:Dirk Kuyt is a great striker but the question is whether he will adapt to the premiership. Kezman was also prolific in the Dutch championship but when he joined Chelski, he scored very rarely.

i wish people would stop using Kezman as an example. Every player reacts differently to change. - thats like saying: 'hey look at van nistelroy, he was awesome in the dutch league so i say buy kuyt'

Kuyt is different from RVN but he is also different from kezman. Kuyt seems more in the rvn mold than he does kezmans. powerful, stonger, holding players off, more of a physical presence.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 am

teamleader1 wrote:WHY ALL THE BULL?

if Rafa  thinks hes a good buy, then that should be good enough,
some on here are obcessed with out of towners supporting LFC,
why?

Those people who moan about out of all the towners supporting Liverpool arnt real fans mate, there just childish fools bickering over their favourate toy.  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:20 am

Raiden Warr wrote:Really? do they? Wow dude? This soccer stuff is like er totally confusing and oh my gahd. ye heavens.. oh my goodness who would ever have guessed? I mean those two purty boyz they are er like so totally from Germany and they er like both totally speak German and they both play soccerrr...... 
:idea  why don't we read the post together. I didn't actually say Klose should replace Didi did I? I will however clarify what I meant.I first asked what Gabby thought of Klose as a player. Then I went on to suggest that he (Klose) would be a good addition to the squad. One of the qualities he would bring would be his ability to take penalties. (keep up remember Didi- FA Cup- penalty inspired confidence- set the tone) Further based on his performances in the World Cup and with Werder Bremen I thought he would be a better acquisition than Dirk "Pretty Boy" Kuyte Kite rhymes with......

Now back to your reading and comprehension lesson. Gabbyh actually said she only saw Dirk once so she is only judging him on one performance she says so. You say she is judging him on two appearances.
I was unimpressed with Dirk Kuyt's World Cup performance but to judge him on what, two half appearances and one starting appearance is outrageous, it really is. World Cup 2002 made Salif Diao look like a World Beater, did he turn out as a great signing? Nope, he didn't.  :no

She is further goes on to elucidate (use a dictionary) She judged rushie on instinct She liked the look of him when he played it won her over. There is a groundswell of opinion that you should not judge a player on one performance. On the other hand you can study a player for ages and when he does finally play he is (rhymes with Kuyt) However I can tell you as an ex soccer player and current football coach sometimes (not all the time) one chance is all you get at a football trial. Finally Salif Diao played in the French league before he played in the world cup. Houllier claimed to have a good knowledge of French players (well there's Cheyrou, Le Tallec, Pongolle, Diao, Diouf, the list goes on) you assume that because You saw Diao play only in the world cup so did Houllier. He is making a million pound decision I hardly think He would make it based on seeing the player play only once.
I think you should stop being so condescending and assuming that because we are girls we don't know anything about football its quite what's the word....Sexist and makes you look like a Boor which I am sure you are not.   :D

If you're gonna use sarcasm, at least add some wit to it. I didn't say this person has judged Kuyt on more than one match and the fact that they have judged Kuyt on one world cup match is even worse than watching three and judging him on that.  :D

Perhaps Klose is a better I can't really judge both as I've only ever seen Klose in the last and this World Cup and Kuyt in this World cup and compliation videos. But the way in which you worded your sentence, you made it look like you wanted to replace Hamann with Klose.

And nice way to throw about insults, my reading, comprehension and understanding is perfectally fine, thanks. You're however could well be scrutinized, beacuse in your stern attempt to belittle me and make a fool out of me, you've actually done it to yourself.

It's common knowledge that Houllier did not use his scouts or study players in great depth, hence why he compared Cheyrou to Zidane. Anyone who watched Cheyrou enough times would of instantly knew that Cheyrou was not a player that would bring us forward in progression. And if Houllier was a great scout of French football, how comes he didn't make moves for players like Guily & Henry and players like that?

I've never once said that "women don't know anything about football". So you play the sexist card, because no one will take a blind bit of notice and you only have to look at the women who post on this site to know that most women who have an intrest in football know what they are talking about, you on the other hand give me the impression, you know less than I do.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Raiden Warr » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 pm

Well I know for a fact I am not the fount of all football knowledge. If you are then good for you. And you were being condescending. You should have asked me to to clarify what I meant. As for Houllier he made unfortuanate choices in buying players but for all that he was actually quite a successful manager. He managed to win everything except the premiership and the champions league. I still find it difficult to believe that several multi-million pound decisions were made on such a flimsy basis and the club allowed this to go on. Liverpool is afterall a multi-million pound business. It's alright for me and you to judge a player on one performance but quite another for a football club with such a wonderful pedigree to do so.
I was impressed by the way the Italians and Germans played last night and Del Piero's run to support Gilardino and score the 2nd goal for Italy. Can anyone see Crouchie showing the same level of commitment and doing the same?
Okay If you don't want to use Kezman how about Cisse? He was a prolific striker in the French league before he came to UK but I don't think he has quite adjusted yet. I actually think we should keep Cisse I think he is a fighter. Henry did not become a prolific striker overnight. As for Kuyt on the games we saw lets all be honest here did you see anything in his performance to make him stand out? Rooney did not score in this tournament but he stands out. Henry scored, Beckham scored, most of the names you would expect to stand out or score did so. Klose did not score in all the games but he created great chances in games he did not score in. Did you think he was especially good on the ball? (Crouchie is), Did you think he was especially good in the air? I am not even judging him on his goal scoring ability just on his general ability and commitment. Van Nistleroy is preferred to him for Holland and Van Nist is now second fiddle at Old Trafford possibly on his way out. By all means we should give him a try but I don't see how he will be the next Rushie. I think at best he will be average. If I am proved wrong I will be soooooo happy. In fact I hope I am proved wrong.
Raiden Warr

Postby PCG77 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:Actually the only person I'm in a snit with is Peu Weu. I think Bad Bob is cool. I like our discussions. I've even quoted him to a few of my mates. Oasis I find a tad condescending and who the hell is Karim? What did he do? Did he get thrown off the forum or something?
Here is a clue.
I must be female because I type lots. The rest of you boys type one liners. Everyone knows girls talk loads well we type loads too.
Besides If I was Karim I would have figured out how the quote thing works by now.

what are you bitches doing watching football.. got tv's in ya kitchen??? less typing and more cooking or fetchin beer...
PCG77

Postby PCG77 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:43 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:Well I know for a fact I am not the fount of all football knowledge. If you are then good for you. And you were being condescending. You should have asked me to to clarify what I meant. As for Houllier he made unfortuanate choices in buying players but for all that he was actually quite a successful manager. He managed to win everything except the premiership and the champions league. I still find it difficult to believe that several multi-million pound decisions were made on such a flimsy basis and the club allowed this to go on. Liverpool is afterall a multi-million pound business. It's alright for me and you to judge a player on one performance but quite another for a football club with such a wonderful pedigree to do so.
I was impressed by the way the Italians and Germans played last night and Del Piero's run to support Gilardino and score the 2nd goal for Italy. Can anyone see Crouchie showing the same level of commitment and doing the same?
Okay If you don't want to use Kezman how about Cisse? He was a prolific striker in the French league before he came to UK but I don't think he has quite adjusted yet. I actually think we should keep Cisse I think he is a fighter. Henry did not become a prolific striker overnight. As for Kuyt on the games we saw lets all be honest here did you see anything in his performance to make him stand out? Rooney did not score in this tournament but he stands out. Henry scored, Beckham scored, most of the names you would expect to stand out or score did so. Klose did not score in all the games but he created great chances in games he did not score in. Did you think he was especially good on the ball? (Crouchie is), Did you think he was especially good in the air? I am not even judging him on his goal scoring ability just on his general ability and commitment. Van Nistleroy is preferred to him for Holland and Van Nist is now second fiddle at Old Trafford possibly on his way out. By all means we should give him a try but I don't see how he will be the next Rushie. I think at best he will be average. If I am proved wrong I will be soooooo happy. In fact I hope I am proved wrong.

You are so full of :censored:... Del piero is so overrated... not a strikers ar#ehole...
PCG77

Postby Raiden Warr » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:16 pm

You think Crouch is a better Striker than Del Piero?
Raiden Warr

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:57 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:You think Crouch is a better Striker than Del Piero?

They are 2 completely different strikers.

Del Piero was once one of the best strikers in the world. He has struggled to get back to his best but is still in the main picture. I was he glad he scored as Ive always been a DelPiero fan.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:27 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Raiden Warr wrote:You think Crouch is a better Striker than Del Piero?

They are 2 completely different strikers.

You can see that, but you can't see how Aimar is an attacking midfielder and Hamann is a defensive one?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:49 pm

I think this is probably old hat to you all since I read it in the paper and you all probably know about it already Mark Gonzalez for Kewell, Kromkamp out as are Cheyrou, Salif Diao, Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle and Rafa is paying a reasonable amount of money for them. Exciting times indeed. Do you think Cisse will go? I hope not.
Raiden Warr

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:I think this is probably old hat to you all since I read it in the paper and you all probably know about it already Mark Gonzalez for Kewell, Kromkamp out as are Cheyrou, Salif Diao, Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle and Rafa is paying a reasonable amount of money for them. Exciting times indeed. Do you think Cisse will go? I hope not.

WTF?
account deleted by request

Postby Raiden Warr » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:37 pm

what does WTF mean?
Raiden Warr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion