What is kuyt really worth?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:When you pay £19m you are sure its quality. When you pay £10m its a chance, and frankly mr shankly this aint a chance worth taking.

That's an absolute bollox statement that mate. The more you pay for a player doesn't mean that he's better. I could make examples, but I don't need to.

There is always a risk when shelling out money on a player from another league. It's the chance every club makes. For every Van Nistelrooy, there's a Kezman. For every Vierra, theres a Diao.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:19 pm

Van Nistelrooy was a highly rated player  and Utd chased him for two years, the statement is not bollox.

So you saying you should not expect a better player if you pay more money? I know there has been big money flops in the past, but unless you are Chelsea, the more you pay the better the player - FACT.

Sometimes you unearth a gem like Momo, but all the best players in the world cost Big money.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:25 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:So you saying you should not expect a better player if you pay more money? I know there has been big money flops in the past, but unless you are Chelsea, the more you pay the better the player - FACT.

You should expect a better player if your spending more, but this is very rarely the case.
Take our own players. Liverpools three most expensive signings:

Cisse, Heskey, Collymore.

Are these our best three players ever?

Your statement was bollox, and you've backed it up with more bollox - FACT!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coolsobs » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:32 pm

Big Niall wrote:He looked one of the WORST forwards in the world cup to me. NO mobility, poor finishing and sh*te player. Exactly the things I thought about Heskey when we bought him.

Kuyt is rubbish - were the guys that want him watching the world cup? or are they impressed with his goal tally in a two bit league (like Cisse)?

Yeh that henry fella also looks :censored: for France, im  glad he doesnt play for us.

Some players simply do not perform well for their country it means nothing
coolsobs

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:03 pm

NiftyNeil wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:So you saying you should not expect a better player if you pay more money? I know there has been big money flops in the past, but unless you are Chelsea, the more you pay the better the player - FACT.

You should expect a better player if your spending more, but this is very rarely the case.
Take our own players. Liverpools three most expensive signings:

Cisse, Heskey, Collymore.

Are these our best three players ever?

Your statement was bollox, and you've backed it up with more bollox - FACT!

Should I just go and sit in the corner then ?  :down:

Lol - no but these with the exception of Stan Collymore are not big prices. The board has never bought big for a number of years now, maybe they can't or dont want to risk it. But £11m for Heskey when Real were paying £48m for Zidane is a fraction of that price, when we bought Heskey prices were over inflated £32m for a GK FFS!!!

Cisse cost £14m and was our record buy but £14m worth of talent he aint, even when it happened it looked fishy.

I stand by my comments , the best players cost the most money........ Over to you Nifty!!!
Last edited by Rafa D on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 pm

and for the record I loved Big Stan.... just hate him now lol
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:16 pm

ginger nut fell in the cut and frightened all the fishes, one jumped up and gobbled him up and thats the end of ginger nut
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:50 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I stand by my comments , the best players cost the most money........ Over to you Nifty!!!

I still stand by my comments that you're talking bollox.
But no hard feelings, you've got a right to you're own opinion - as wrong as it may be   :rasp  :D
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:17 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Van Nistelrooy was a highly rated player  and Utd chased him for two years, the statement is not bollox.

So you saying you should not expect a better player if you pay more money? I know there has been big money flops in the past, but unless you are Chelsea, the more you pay the better the player - FACT.

Sometimes you unearth a gem like Momo, but all the best players in the world cost Big money.

RVN was a highly rated player yes. utd chased him for 2 years yes. Cisse was highly rated in france and in the french squad (not the team-but the squad). Houiler chased Cisse for 2 years....   :lookaround 

you say "the more you pay the better the player - FACT."

that my friend is not a fact - it is an opinion

generally speaking yes - the best players do cost the most -

but you need to say 'generally' or 'most of the time' - it is not always the case.

Ballack on a free
Cisse £14Mil
Sissoko £6Mil
Luque £9.5 Mil
Fowler - Free

- oh and Feyanord want £12Mil for him - Utd were willing to accept that amount for RVN after his bust up

therefore Kuyt is as good as RVN by your reckoning as they are valued at the same price - so i say definately get him!!!!

:D  :D
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raiden Warr » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:03 pm

I am sorry guys but Dirk Kuyt 12million? ???? do you think he's any better than Craig Bellamy? He's worth half that. I have never seen him play well. The only time I saw Kuyt play is in the world cup and I do not see how he will fit in the premiership. I may be wrong but apart from his loverly blonde locks which i guess is good if you want your front man to stand out, What does he bring to the Liverpool attack? Bellamy brings pace, Crouchie brings height (ok that he's aerial ability is questionable) If benitez wants a decent player can't he get Ribery?someone who can turn it on at at the later stages of the world cup should be considered or an experienced striker (like say Larsson on Inzagi) to come and settle our forward line remember Litmanen's influence. We also need creative players or big game winners not just wide players with pace and no skill. How come we do not look for youth players from Liverpool, Liverpool's best players Stevie G, Fowler and Carra all came through the youth ranks
Raiden Warr

Postby clik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:16 pm

Raiden Warr wrote:I am sorry guys but Dirk Kuyt 12million? ???? do you think he's any better than Craig Bellamy? He's worth half that. I have never seen him play well. The only time I saw Kuyt play is in the world cup and I do not see how he will fit in the premiership. I may be wrong but apart from his loverly blonde locks which i guess is good if you want your front man to stand out, What does he bring to the Liverpool attack? Bellamy brings pace, Crouchie brings height (ok that he's aerial ability is questionable) If benitez wants a decent player can't he get Ribery?someone who can turn it on at at the later stages of the world cup should be considered or an experienced striker (like say Larsson on Inzagi) to come and settle our forward line remember Litmanen's influence. We also need creative players or big game winners not just wide players with pace and no skill. How come we do not look for youth players from Liverpool, Liverpool's best players Stevie G, Fowler and Carra all came through the youth ranks

well said i totally agree hes worth 6m no more :buttrock
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:so how much is he worth do you reckon? :p

After what I've seen of him so far 50p.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:48 pm

clik wrote:
Raiden Warr wrote:I am sorry guys but Dirk Kuyt 12million? ???? do you think he's any better than Craig Bellamy? He's worth half that. I have never seen him play well. The only time I saw Kuyt play is in the world cup and I do not see how he will fit in the premiership. I may be wrong but apart from his loverly blonde locks which i guess is good if you want your front man to stand out, What does he bring to the Liverpool attack? Bellamy brings pace, Crouchie brings height (ok that he's aerial ability is questionable) If benitez wants a decent player can't he get Ribery?someone who can turn it on at at the later stages of the world cup should be considered or an experienced striker (like say Larsson on Inzagi) to come and settle our forward line remember Litmanen's influence. We also need creative players or big game winners not just wide players with pace and no skill. How come we do not look for youth players from Liverpool, Liverpool's best players Stevie G, Fowler and Carra all came through the youth ranks

well said i totally agree hes worth 6m no more :buttrock

:nod

agree. 6-7 is what he's worth.... but in todays money i might stretch to 8 considering what else is out there. - We need another striker - what else is outthere for under £8mil?

bellamy was a bargain - but we only got him for 6 because of a release clause.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:52 pm

Nice one, lad...some real gems in here!  :D

Raiden Warr wrote:I have never seen him play well. The only time I saw Kuyt play is in the world cup and I do not see how he will fit in the premiership.

So, he's not good enough for England based on seeing him play 3 times?  You must be a shrewd judge of talent!

I may be wrong but apart from his loverly blonde locks which i guess is good if you want your front man to stand out, What does he bring to the Liverpool attack?

Seems like a Ginger to me but that's neither here nor there...

If benitez wants a decent player can't he get Ribery?

Not a striker...

someone who can turn it on at at the later stages of the world cup should be considered...

Like an El Hadji Diouff, perhaps! :D

or an experienced striker (like say Larsson on Inzagi) to come and settle our forward line...

Larsson's off home to Sweden to wind down his career.  Pipo Inzaghi would: 1) never leave Italy at this stage in his career and 2) would be utter sh!te in England, IMO.

We also need creative players or big game winners not just wide players with pace and no skill.

Agreed.  How fantastic would we be if we had a Steven Gerrard?  A Xabi Alonso?  A Luis Garcia (now there's a big game player I wouldn't mind in my team!)?  Hell, I'd even take a Robbie Fowler in a red shirt--look up "big game winner" in the dictionary and Robbie's there--that would be so amazing! :p

How come we do not look for youth players from Liverpool, Liverpool's best players Stevie G, Fowler and Carra all came through the youth ranks

What happened to going for Larsson or Inzaghi?  Now it's youth that's needed? :D I think you'll find that Rafa and his team have been scouting and signing a ton of youth prospects over the last two years.  Some will eventually break through to the first team, others will fall by the wayside.  Two things are certain: 1) none are ready at the moment to break into the first team and 2) the likes of Gerrard, Carra and Fowler (not to mention Rooney) simply don't come along everyday so expecting to build a title-winning Liverpool team primarily out of local talent is more than a little far-fetched.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:54 pm

Nice one, lad...some real gems in here! 

I finally get the chance to say your completely and totally WRONG  badbob

He's not a lad shes a girl :D  about everything else you were completely right as usual
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion