What is kuyt really worth?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:15 am

clik wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
clik wrote:thanks for advice chl i will take it onboard, leon needs to chill out thou he must have loads of built up sexual frustration or somethin  :D

Ask yer mother.

My mum is dead you insensitive fool :no

Will you stop this nonsnese and Leon if you dont like a thread just dont reply ! What part of that do you not understand !
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:30 am

bavlondon wrote:
clik wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
clik wrote:thanks for advice chl i will take it onboard, leon needs to chill out thou he must have loads of built up sexual frustration or somethin  :D

Ask yer mother.

Will you stop this nonsnese and Leon if you dont like a thread just dont reply ! What part of that do you not understand !

Sorry Bavmoderator.  :sleepy:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:11 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
clik wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Ask yer mother.

Sorry Bavmoderator.  :sleepy:

I wasnt trying to be offensive i just think that when name calling and mother get brought into the conversation in an offensive manner a line has to be drawn or the thread gets ruined.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sundy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:33 am

Gracias King Rafa wrote:Just a thought but is Kuyt Ian Dowie's love child? :D

Ha ha

:bowdown
sundy

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:42 am

so how much is he worth do you reckon? :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sundy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:53 am

I would give him an 8 possibly 10 million rating,not a penny more thou,if van basten had played him in his usual position for the world cup we wouldnt even be discussing was he worth 10 million,we could have watched him do what he does week in week out with his club. Maybe its good for liverpool thou,at least his transfer fee wont rocket way above what we expected to pay for him and we still know he is class!
sundy

Postby clik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:36 am

to be honest id pay no more than 6m we paid for bellamy, kuyt is a big money risk where as bellamy has proved he can get goals regularly in prem
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 am

10 p :D
Kopite-Jud

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:07 pm

To be quite honest I don't watch the dutch league, I think its very boring and a very weak league. I had heard all about Dirk in the papers and how all the big clubs were chasing him.

However the lad did have a very poor World Cup. I watched him twice and he was average at best. Against Portugal he did not do anything at all except miss a one on one. I know we should not judge players on the basis of one tournament, after the Diouf, Babb, Diao fiascos but from what I saw I would not like to see the lad at Anfield for the prices being quoted.

A lot of you who have obviously seen him play have said Van Basten played him out of position, well for me he reminded me too much of our very own Dibjril, he could not beat a man and did not look like a £10m player.

Obviously i would take him for half of that just of this supposed reputation but for £10m it is far too much of a risk for an Ian Dowie lookalike. Kezman was exceptional in the dutch league but could not hack it with the big boys.

Dodd says... Say No To Dirk..........
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:15 pm

Kezman point is spot on rafa-dodd the dutch league is weak and kuyt is unproven 10m is a staggering price tag
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:37 pm

clik wrote:Kezman point is spot on rafa-dodd the dutch league is weak and kuyt is unproven 10m is a staggering price tag

i dont think the Kezman point has anything to do with it.

Look at Ruud Van Nistelroy. £19mil from PSV and worth every penny.

You cant look at a someone who has excelled in a forgein league then been cr@p in the prem and then say we cant buy from that league because of his form in ours. If we did:

cisse - dont buy from the frence league
nando - dont buy from the spanish league

....the list could go on and on and we wouldnt be able to buy from any country!

As mentioned in the other Kuyt thread, there have been flops from holland, but there have been some players that really excelled. - same as from every league.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:56 pm

Based on what we saw i wouldnt pay more then 8Mil. Her may have exceeded in Holland but against good player he didnt do much. We need a striker who can compete at that level.

This may a harsh thing to judge him mostley on his world cup performace but I really hope we do not end up paying 14mil for him.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:21 pm

hey bav,

typing liok u might be phished. noice! :D

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:30 pm

He looked one of the WORST forwards in the world cup to me. NO mobility, poor finishing and sh*te player. Exactly the things I thought about Heskey when we bought him.

Kuyt is rubbish - were the guys that want him watching the world cup? or are they impressed with his goal tally in a two bit league (like Cisse)?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:42 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
clik wrote:Kezman point is spot on rafa-dodd the dutch league is weak and kuyt is unproven 10m is a staggering price tag

i dont think the Kezman point has anything to do with it.

Look at Ruud Van Nistelroy. £19mil from PSV and worth every penny.

You cant look at a someone who has excelled in a forgein league then been cr@p in the prem and then say we cant buy from that league because of his form in ours. If we did:

cisse - dont buy from the frence league
nando - dont buy from the spanish league

....the list could go on and on and we wouldnt be able to buy from any country!

As mentioned in the other Kuyt thread, there have been flops from holland, but there have been some players that really excelled. - same as from every league.

When you pay £19m you are sure its quality. When you pay £10m its a chance, and frankly mr shankly this aint a chance worth taking.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion