Within 2-4 points of the Champions regardless of position
14%
Within 5-7 points of the Champions regardless of position
19%
Other
6%

Total votes : 104

Postby Owzat » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:58 am

So we've assessed the past season, discussed the new signings of Degen, Dossena and the ongoing attempts to land Barry. What are your expectations for next season? And what happens if they are not met? Are you even keen for it to be Rafa in charge? Is the signing of Torres (last season) the key to giving him more time? Even with Torres we still finished well shy of a title challenge, that means either others have to up their game, new signings have to work or a combination of the two. Either way we need to improve, four seasons later and we've improved to within 11 points of the Champions which isn't a lot of progress for four seasons in charge.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:02 am

er my vote was for 2nd place (minimum), not sure what happend there as it shows i voted for Premiership Champions?
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:13 am

Sadly I think Rafa needs to win the league or bust.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sadly I think Rafa needs to win the league or bust.

I think you are right but if we are still in the race in the last week i would be happy, when i say in the race i mean that we can win it on our own and not need Man U to get beat 20 -0.

It would be nice to get that feeling of we can win this on the last day.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:40 am

I think we need to win it as well!
Rafa has created a rod for his own back in all honesty though.When he came,he said he would win the League in 5 years!

Saying that though,i think we can definately over take Arsenal this year.A few of their good players are off and they showed at the end of last season that they can be very ordinary and lack heart when its needed!

As for Chelsea,well they have a lot of quality but its gonna be hard for a new manager to come in and keep the momentum going,very hard!

UTD still unfortunately will be hard to catch.The one thing i can say against them is that without Ronaldo last season they probably would not have won the prem.I fully expect him to remain there next season but i dont think its possible for him to be as good consistantly this time!I sure as hell dont expect him to hit over 40 goals!Last year was i reckon a once in a career season and a bit freakish for Ronaldo.

Opposition aside LFC need to stop the silly draws with opposition we should be beating comfortably.Last year in games like this we lacked motivation,probably Rafas fault with him putting more into the tactics than getting the players up for it.This time out we can hope that Sammy Lee will let Rafa stick to the tactics and concentrate himself on man motivation.Our players need to realise that an uninspiring away fixture to Boro is every bit as important as a home game to UTD or Chelsea!

Realistically i can see us getting second!
To finish 1st we will need every player to give 100% in every game from the first game to the last.Thats how tough it is to win this league!

In terms of quality UTD and Chelsea have more than us,but the transfer window is still open and a few surprises may be round the corner!
Throw in a bit of good fortune with ref decisions,injuries and the like and we may just nick it!
Im always optomistic before the season starts though! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:44 am

I am happy for Rafa to be in charge but its time for him and the team to challenge for the league. I'd like for us to at least be in with a fighting chance come April/May time. Instead of dipping out October/November time.

I'd be happy with that honestly, hopeful Rafa will be able to do this in his fith year at the club.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:56 am

What is good enough for next season?

The best thing to happen next season would be for twit & tw@t to feck off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:34 am

Livepool football club to get it's dignity and pride back will do for me . Oh and what ciggy said .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am

A genuine title challenge

Twit and Tw@t  :laugh: - nice one Ciggy

Problem is that Gillett seems to be more of a tw@t than a twit as well.
account deleted by request

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:16 pm

I'd take 4th if it was a very tight title race. If we're selling to buy this summer and still manage to be competitive in the league, getting close would be one hell of an achievement.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Livepool football club to get it's dignity and pride back will do for me

We could manage that if we put in some sterling perforrmances on the pitch next season, and make a real fist of it.
66-1112520797

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 pm

Second place minimum, with a challenge.

Liverpool have not to recover any dignity, because 95% of it is thanks to the crowd and players, and their dignity is spotless.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:33 pm

win a major trophy.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Same as the goal has been for three seasons now, a title challenge. A genuine, real attempt to win the league. If we get that, I don't give a feck if we finish fourth (although obviously I'd rather we didn't before the thought police are all over me). If we get that, Rafa deserves another season after this one to see if he can build on the platform. If we don't, we should look for a new manager. If Rafa thinks he can achieve it by changing the team 75 times in the first fifteen games again with the inevitable result that we are out of it before the Christmas cards have been sent out, then we shouldn't wait till the end of the season necessarily, we should just get rid.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:55 pm

Owzat wrote:So we've assessed the past season, discussed the new signings of Degen, Dossena and the ongoing attempts to land Barry. What are your expectations for next season? And what happens if they are not met? Are you even keen for it to be Rafa in charge? Is the signing of Torres (last season) the key to giving him more time? Even with Torres we still finished well shy of a title challenge, that means either others have to up their game, new signings have to work or a combination of the two. Either way we need to improve, four seasons later and we've improved to within 11 points of the Champions which isn't a lot of progress for four seasons in charge.

What do the stats tell you?  :p

For me its a good league challenge and hopefully win it, im not very optimistic though, hopefully we win SOMETHING

Looks like we have f.uck all to spend on getting any decent players in to improve the squad though
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion