What a load of f*cking b*llocks. - Player of the year...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 28, 2007 4:29 am

My God.

Are we besieged by brainless bints or what?

Steven Gerrard has once again been voted as Liverpool's player of the season on LFC .TV.

You have GOT to be kidding me? His worst season in recent memory, and he STILL manages to get the nod above Carragher? Who votes on these things? JC came 8th FFS! 8th! Behind such colossals as Bellamy, Sissoko, Kuyt and Pennant. Are the voters on hard drugs or something? Well - here's my message to the deluded c*nts:

Get to f*ck, you silly little skirt-wearing tarts. DO NOT VOTE WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT WATCH THE F*CKING GAMES!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU FANCY GERRARD, THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH, IMBECILES!

Jamie Carragher has been our best player this season by a funking country mile, and I defy anyone to disagree.

W*nkers.  :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 28, 2007 4:58 am

My God.

Steven Gerrard has once again been voted as Liverpool's player of the season on LFC .TV.

You have GOT to be kidding me? His worst season in recent memory, and he STILL manages to get the nod above Carragher? Who votes on these things? JC came 8th FFS! 8th! Behind such colossals as Bellamy, Sissoko, Kuyt and Pennant. Are the voters on hard drugs or something? Well - here's my message to the deluded c*nts:

Get to f*ck, you silly little skirt-wearing tarts. DO NOT VOTE WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT WATCH THE F*CKING GAMES!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU FANCY GERRARD, THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH, IMBECILES!

Jamie Carragher has been our best player this season by a funking country mile, and I defy anyone to disagree.

I was going to disagree.....but Manhattan is scared now.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 28, 2007 5:01 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
My God.

I was going to disagree.....but Manhattan is scared now.

:laugh:

:D

I'm sorry, but Gerrard hasn't been anywhere near Carragher this season, in terms of performance levels.

In fact, he's been pretty :censored: for him. (Which, I concede, is still very good.)

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:08 am

just shows how many glory hunters follow our club, gerrard has had a decent season but like you say it was below his normal standards, carra had a shakey start but then went back to his normal self.

on the subject of carra, at the end of the champions league final, a few minutes after the final whistle, the camera went to carragher, a close up of his face, his face was one of sheer devastation, it was such an enduring image that i will never forget, the guy was forlorn, heartbroken, shocked, lost, there are so many adjectives to describe his face at that moment.

he deserves every penny of his pay rise just for sheer commitment and effort, gotta love the guy
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 28, 2007 5:11 am

peewee wrote:just shows how many glory hunters follow our club, gerrard has had a decent season but like you say it was below his normal standards, carra had a shakey start but then went back to his normal self.

on the subject of carra, at the end of the champions league final, a few minutes after the final whistle, the camera went to carragher, a close up of his face, his face was one of sheer devastation, it was such an enduring image that i will never forget, the guy was forlorn, heartbroken, shocked, lost, there are so many adjectives to describe his face at that moment.

he deserves every penny of his pay rise just for sheer commitment and effort, gotta love the guy

Absolutely.

I have felt for a long time that Carragher embodies the entire ethos of our club:

Grit, skill, determination, passion, decency and above all else - heart.

The guy was MADE to play for Liverpool FC. :nod
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon May 28, 2007 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 28, 2007 5:19 am

Carra and Tevez have something in common.

They are both very good players, but neither of them can speak English.

The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 28, 2007 5:38 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Carra and Tevez have something in common.

Ooooooooooh....  :oh: *Winces...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Mon May 28, 2007 5:59 am

Glad you posted that mate. The comments below are not a rant on stevie G, just a reflection and hypothesis around his form this season. Apologies in advance, if people feel they already know this.

Gerrard is a strange one. He has raw determination and desire that allows him to lift others around him. He relishes the role of playing box to box and lingering in the final third on the pitch. Yet he does not possess the level of creativity and short-passing skills that, in my opinion, are required from someone in that position up the field - these attributes are not at the same level as his ability to run at speed against defenders into the box or shoot from long range.

We saw Gerrard in central midfield for a few games earlier this year, and that co-incided with a decent run of form for us, primarily because he showed up with his strengths - a poweful individual with raw determination running at full speed against defenders. However, where we have been hurt historically is, when he hasn't showed up at games with that level of intensity in that role - i.e: when he doesn't show up with his strengths, he doesn't have a plan B to fall back to and therefore becomes a liability to the team on the field.

The fact that he has played in so many positions is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully, he continues to develop his positional sense and awareness of others around him on the field, when he has had the ball in those different positions. Rafa is still in the process of moulding our Stevie.

This season has been one of learning for him; learning to become a better team player by involving others in gameplay not just lifting them by his superhuman efforts, technically improving his short passing game and still providing leadership in the way that John Terry is able to do every game (make no mistake about that, our Stevie is not as consistent a leader as Terry is).

When our Stevie is able to do that, I believe he will fulfill his true potential.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Mon May 28, 2007 6:22 am

The pundits have been releasing their premiership players teams of the season. Most common I've seen is Carragher, then Finnan, Agger and then Gerrard. I can't really argue with that. I voted for Carra myself...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon May 28, 2007 6:29 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Carra and Tevez have something in common.

:angry:    racist

:p  :D
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 28, 2007 6:43 am

I voted for Peter Crouch.

Because although he may be ugly, he can score overhead kicks.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Mon May 28, 2007 6:53 am

Carragher was robbed:(
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 28, 2007 8:09 am

I would have Carra, Reina and Crouch above Gerrard. TBH there has not been an outstanding players this year as far as i am concerned. I would put Kuyt in that list too, 1st season, his Dad very ill, and yet in terms of effort and work rate he is second to none, i hope next year he gets more goals.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon May 28, 2007 8:19 am

to me... carra should have been player of the year... definitely champions league defender of the year... and by far our best defender ahead of finnan and agger, respectively...

would look somethin like this if it was up to me:

1) Carra
2)Pennant
3)gerrard

reina is a hard pick...i personally find it hard to compare a goalkeepers season to an outfield player's... might have been a better/more consistent performer than both gerrard and pennant bt still dont feel comfortable having him ahead of any of..
finnan was good... 4th i suppose
agger was impressive but wouldnt make my top5
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 am

Well, I think it's hard to pick this year really.
No one has really been head and shoulders above.

But the annual Gerrard award is getting boring.
Just cause he's Gerrard it feels like he's winning by default.
When on top he might be the best player we've got but he has actually been very average this season. Actually the worst season he's had for quite some time.

And no surprise defenders never win such awards.
Never gets the accolade as goalscorers and offensive players.
Just the way it is and always has been especially when it comes to voting and popularity.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion