What a load of f*cking b*llocks. - Player of the year...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Meant to post this in the other thread. My bad.
LFC2007

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 29, 2007 6:07 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I think the constant need for a W*nk over Gerrard has people's blinker's on overdrive, tbh.

Not a soul who has seen the matches can honestly say, hand on heart, that Gerrard has been our best player this year. Ask Dalglish. Ask Leon. Ask f*cking Gerrard's dad, ffs.

He's been missing in action on numerous occasions, hasn't done nearly enough of what he's in the team for (scoring goals/making assists/driving the team on), and I think if you ask him personally if he believes he deserved the accolade this year (with all modesty cast aside), he'd say "Did I b*llocks, pal."

I think the constant need for a W*nk over Gerrard has people's blinker's on overdrive, tbh.

Agree on that to some extent but i would argue that you have the blinkers on in the opposite direction meaning that you are clearly pi.ss.ed at the 'Gerrard loving' and that perhaps this also 'blinkers' your judgement of the player in that you are more critical (you may not think that is fair point?)

Not a soul who has seen the matches can honestly say, hand on heart, that Gerrard has been our best player this year. Ask Dalglish. Ask Leon. Ask f*cking Gerrard's dad, ffs.

i can't recall Leon or Ian's opinion on Gerrard this year but would be happy to hear it. Are you suggesting that because they go the game every week that their opinion is final, more valid or conclusive? I've been to my fair share this season and nothing i have seen each time has distorted my view that Steven Gerrard has had a good season and is a fantastic footballer.

He's been missing in action on numerous occasions, hasn't done nearly enough of what he's in the team for (scoring goals/making assists/driving the team on)

I'm not sure he has the same freedom of previous years to go out and do this mate. Rafa (we all know) is quite a cautious coach and he has made several comments over the years re: Gerrards lack of tactical nous/need to know when to sit, when to attack etc. I'm pretty sure the Stevie.G of this past season has been trying his upmost to carry out the manager's instructions. As i said before, not Roy of the rovers stuff like we are used but for me he has become a much better team player. The irony is that he has played in a more Alonsoesque (am proud of that word!) way this season.

Fair enough. I personally cannot see how Gerrard was our best player last season (that's not to say he is or isn't our best player on ability), but that's just me.

You can - that's fine by me.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 pm

carra by a country mile

gerrard started slow after world cup shambles, and has only played a big part in games when in the middle

with the free role the year before he was destroying teams but not this term doesn't make him a pile of poo but i bet he didn't think he had reached his own high standards this year
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby AussieKopite » Tue May 29, 2007 10:31 pm

Considering we conceded less goals than Man U and Chelsea, I'd have to say Agger or Carra...
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion