What a load of f*cking b*llocks. - Player of the year...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Mon May 28, 2007 11:47 pm

and vice versa imo
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue May 29, 2007 4:36 am

Scottbot wrote:I voted for the Captain. It was an easy decision and i really don't understand the growing culture of Gerrard bashing on the boards these days. Ok it wasn't the Roy of Rovers stuff of last year but then he has had to adapt his game somewhat to get the time he craves in the middle of the park. Carra has had a good season but even he had a pretty lousy first 10 games (along with the rest of the squad) and i would argue that Finnan just edges him into 2nd place on the list.

Lando - I think you let your personal dislike of Gerrard (ie. the book and his body language etc) get in the way of your assessment of his season?

Well I'm obviously talking b*llocks - I mean - no one on here has agreed with me, have they?

I think the constant need for a W*nk over Gerrard has people's blinker's on overdrive, tbh.

Not a soul who has seen the matches can honestly say, hand on heart, that Gerrard has been our best player this year. Ask Dalglish. Ask Leon. Ask f*cking Gerrard's dad, ffs.

He's been missing in action on numerous occasions, hasn't done nearly enough of what he's in the team for (scoring goals/making assists/driving the team on), and I think if you ask him personally if he believes he deserved the accolade this year (with all modesty cast aside), he'd say "Did I b*llocks, pal."

Maybe I am just wanting to bash him - maybe that is that case.

But it's funny, that, 'cos I don't want him to leave, and I would be mightily p*ssed off if he did go.

But then - unlike certain others on here (not necessarily you, Scott), I do not judge long-standing players on one season's dip in form.

But then - if I suggested that "If you'd asked me this time last year if Stevie should go, I'd have said 'no way', but since he's been below his best this term, he'd be no big loss", I'd have been castigated as a f*cking lunatic, and heralded as the biggest tosspot known to man.

Funny, then, that EXACTLY the same can be leveled at Alonso, yet no-one sees that as awry.

Odd, isn't it?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:29 am

Well I'm obviously talking b*llocks

So we finnally agree on something.  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:30 am

again twisting things, alonso going would be no big loss as long as the correct palyers are brought in to the side.

lando keep twisting things and it will keep coming back, you have been doing this for weeks now, and why? you are making yourself look like an idiot.

i remember when a lando rant was funny, now ist just tiresome and full of the same old abuse for people daring to disagree on a footballing matter.

i can throw it back and tell you that you nothing about the game, but what would be the point, none of us are ex pros or managers, or tv pundits who do the game for a living.

your view is blinkered.

and FYI i did agree on the gerrard situation at the start of this thread, not bad eh, we agree on something so does that mean you know nothing about football as well

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Tue May 29, 2007 8:07 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:My God.

Are we besieged by brainless bints or what?

Steven Gerrard has once again been voted as Liverpool's player of the season on LFC .TV.

You have GOT to be kidding me? His worst season in recent memory, and he STILL manages to get the nod above Carragher? Who votes on these things? JC came 8th FFS! 8th! Behind such colossals as Bellamy, Sissoko, Kuyt and Pennant. Are the voters on hard drugs or something? Well - here's my message to the deluded c*nts:

Get to f*ck, you silly little skirt-wearing tarts. DO NOT VOTE WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT WATCH THE F*CKING GAMES!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU FANCY GERRARD, THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS THE BEST PLAYER ON THE PITCH, IMBECILES!

Jamie Carragher has been our best player this season by a funking country mile, and I defy anyone to disagree.

W*nkers.  :no

i will not defy you  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 29, 2007 10:34 am

Lando, in every club I know around the world, there will be always exist a slight bias towards the players that come from the youth team. It's natural, it's part of football. And you cannot fight that.

I like Gerrard a lot, for me he's the best, although I agree your point about other players being forgotten in the process, especially Carraguer, or Reina. It's also natural in football some positions receive more credit than others. The all-time famous: if A striker fails 5 chances and scores one, he's a hero, if a keeper saves 6 and concedes one, he's a villain. It's difficult to fight against that aswell. It's done by every football fan, as there are lots of passion involved.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue May 29, 2007 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue May 29, 2007 11:10 am

I went for Gerrard. When he doesn't start we look ordinary in my view. Carra has had a very good season and he was my next choice but i still think Gerrard is our best player by some way. I know it wasn't his best season but he is still head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield. IMO we would miss him more than any other player even if he's not at his best. I just can't see how some people can put 3 or 4 of our players above Gerrard this season. Perhaps we take him for granted. He is our only world class player in my view which is quite a depressing thought to be honest but its the way i see it.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:26 am

peewee wrote:just shows how many glory hunters follow our club, gerrard has had a decent season but like you say it was below his normal standards, carra had a shakey start but then went back to his normal self.

on the subject of carra, at the end of the champions league final, a few minutes after the final whistle, the camera went to carragher, a close up of his face, his face was one of sheer devastation, it was such an enduring image that i will never forget, the guy was forlorn, heartbroken, shocked, lost, there are so many adjectives to describe his face at that moment.

he deserves every penny of his pay rise just for sheer commitment and effort, gotta love the guy

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown  :buttrock
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iano » Tue May 29, 2007 12:02 pm

carra and agger
iano

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 29, 2007 3:34 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:I went for Gerrard. When he doesn't start we look ordinary in my view. Carra has had a very good season and he was my next choice but i still think Gerrard is our best player by some way. I know it wasn't his best season but he is still head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield.

Those are pretty much my sentiments.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 29, 2007 3:36 pm

AussieKopite wrote:Just because he's the captain, it doesn't make him the best player...

being the Captain doesn't have anything to do with it. I voted for Gerrard because i believe he was our best player this season. Simply really.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue May 29, 2007 4:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I think the constant need for a W*nk over Gerrard has people's blinker's on overdrive, tbh.

Not a soul who has seen the matches can honestly say, hand on heart, that Gerrard has been our best player this year. Ask Dalglish. Ask Leon. Ask f*cking Gerrard's dad, ffs.

He's been missing in action on numerous occasions, hasn't done nearly enough of what he's in the team for (scoring goals/making assists/driving the team on), and I think if you ask him personally if he believes he deserved the accolade this year (with all modesty cast aside), he'd say "Did I b*llocks, pal."

I think the constant need for a W*nk over Gerrard has people's blinker's on overdrive, tbh.

Agree on that to some extent but i would argue that you have the blinkers on in the opposite direction meaning that you are clearly pi.ss.ed at the 'Gerrard loving' and that perhaps this also 'blinkers' your judgement of the player in that you are more critical (you may not think that is fair point?)

i can't recall Leon or Ian's opinion on Gerrard this year but would be happy to hear it. Are you suggesting that because they go the game every week that their opinion is final, more valid or conclusive? I've been to my fair share this season and nothing i have seen each time has distorted my view that Steven Gerrard has had a good season and is a fantastic footballer.

He's been missing in action on numerous occasions, hasn't done nearly enough of what he's in the team for (scoring goals/making assists/driving the team on)

I'm not sure he has the same freedom of previous years to go out and do this mate. Rafa (we all know) is quite a cautious coach and he has made several comments over the years re: Gerrards lack of tactical nous/need to know when to sit, when to attack etc. I'm pretty sure the Stevie.G of this past season has been trying his upmost to carry out the manager's instructions. As i said before, not Roy of the rovers stuff like we are used but for me he has become a much better team player. The irony is that he has played in a more Alonsoesque (am proud of that word!) way this season.
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue May 29, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 pm

Gerrard has been our most influential player...(that is without a doubt)...but I voted for carra...becos it is about time people start realising that he is one of the best centrebacks in the premierleague.

1)Carra
2)Gerrard
3)Reina
4)Finnan
5)Pennant - Most improved player within a season. Deffo purchase of the season for us.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue May 29, 2007 5:45 pm

well id have voted for carragher, then reina.....then i dont know. but yes gerrard hasnt been at his best this season but still played at a good level.
i actually think he held back and made better footballing decisions this season....as in he has matured in his role in the team this season. something that if perfected, could be very good for us.

i have noticed a lot of OTT gerrard-loving and gerrard-hating on various boards......but some gerrard-haters seem to "hate him as a person" (various things ive read) it kinda baffles me. how can u hate someone u have never spoken to? he's made sum dumb decisions, like articles for news of the world and thinking of leaving LFC....is that enough to hate someone?

id rather rate him as a player not a person, cos how can u without even knowing him? not a shot at anyone but is there any real reason for this....?
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 29, 2007 5:50 pm

If I'm being blunt, I just don't think Pennant is up to standard. As well as he has done at times this season, I just think he lacks quality.

I think we should keep him and he has definitely improved in my opinion, but I feel a right mid should be high on the agenda of players to sign this summer.

Someone who will push Pennant further, there is no-one really pushing him for that position, other than Gerrard, who is clearly not a right mid.

Garcia is no winger, nor is he a proper right mid, he is a link player.

I can see the right wing being one of the highest priorities if not THE number 1 priority for Rafa this summer.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion