What a difference a day makes.... - ....................just 24 little hours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:27 am

Well here we are.

We have been here before, many times. On the cusp of superdom. On the crest of a wave, on the edge of the cliff. One frenchman had us believe we where four games from greatness, when in fact we where seven from obscurity.

Now, a different country, and a different man. Rafael Benitez has our beloved Liverpool side poised to step out of the shadows and back into the spotlight.

Today, our two games in hand for which everyone previously "would rather have the points in the bag" could suddenly change and become a measure of the giant leap we have taken over our cousins from the wrong end of the east lancs road.

You see a win today, and it all changes, everything changes.

We stop being the form team, and start being the contenders.

My stomach has been turning ever since I was handed the four tickets for the East Stand Upper Visitors on Wednesday night. Only then did I believe I would be there. With the chance to see my team step out of the shadows, and finally rekindle the flame of yore.

It is not win or bust by any means. A draw would see us with the chance to leap frog United with one of our two games in hand, the first being against Charlton at the Valley on 8th February.

But a win, against United, at their place, and not only does the country stand up and take notice, so do the players and so do the fans. A win and who knows where it could take us.

Can you tell I am excited ?

Gotta go, see you at the Theatre of Dreams.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 am

bring us back 3 points and rooneys scalp  :pirate

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby seani.g » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:38 am

Any spares? :)
seani.g

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:46 am

Great post leon :)

For the 1st time this season on MOTD they called us part of 'the big three' everyone is really taking notice of us now as arsenal slip down the table. If we get a win today and win the 2 games in hand it puts a new perspective on us.

Rafa has changed us since the houllier days. Our defence is stronger and now I feel we won't have to wait until we get a penalty, freekick or a last minute goal to threaten them. Even last season (without gerrard for most of the game) the only things that really let us down was the zonal marking. Otherwise I feel we could have at least got a point or even better a win.

Houllier often went out not to lose the game but Rafa goes out to win. I feel in our ofensive play we are much stronger and also defensively we are a hard nut to crack.

WE ARE IN THE TITLE RACE AND ARE NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN

Bring back the 3 points today boys!!!
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:02 pm

Very nervous about the game today simply because im expecting us to win and there is that little voice in the head saying we have to take a hit at some stage.
Hard to believe where we have come in a season and half,not to mention the so  called crisis of only a few months ago.
While we still have a long way to go and arent the finished article just yet, Rafaulation is certainly far more advanced then i thought it would be.
Ironic with decline of Arsenal and MANCs in recent times that if Roman billions hadnt been injected in Chelski what we could have been fighting for today.
However thats not be and at moment its basically a fight for direct CL qualification but next season watch out Maureen

Fair weather and have  a good trip   Leon
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:24 pm

See he isnt just a nark  :D , Nice post Leon sing and shout yer head off today lad, well no need to tell you that anyway.
Bring us home 3 points and give em hell.  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:28 pm

For me, this is our biggest game since the CL final. At this time of the season, with the table looking like it does, it's games like this where we need to put down a marker.

So let's have the c*nts. :D

And let's hope Smurf does us a favour at Chelsea today.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Paul C » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:36 pm

Great post, Leon, nice to see a possitive one for once :;): :D

I really can't wait for kick off, I honestly think were gonna turn them over today, problem is as always it's gonna be tricky especially since they have more to lose than us.

1-2 with Crouch and Gerrard scoring for us :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:52 pm

i cant wait until 11pm tonite and i can settle down and watch the game live (well live on tv).

leonn i would swap with you mate, have a good one
112-1077774096

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:00 pm

nervous as hell about this.Leon is right about todays game although the next 3 games will shape the whole campaign but to get one over the mancs today would be great.I've grown up over the years with the matches against manure the most important games of the season.More important than Everton,More important than past great teams like Forest and more important than currently Chelsea.This is the game that since i first walked into Anfield in 74 has meant and will always mean the most.
If we can go out full of confidence and play a high line we can beat these today as their midfield and defence is at its worst for 10 years,attack wise any team with shrek and horseface up front will score goals but i'm confident with our defence and midfield we can win this 1 nil to our reds...........in anycase we wont lose.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:06 pm

I got to agree with Leon, I've got a funny feeling about this game, and it could very well signal our arrival at the contender level. We will get through this game, and as well fought as it will be, we will win, and win comfortably. 1 goal should see us through. A Gerrard cracker!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:41 pm

bring it on
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion