WEST HAM vs LIVERPOOL: Prem - 30/01/08 - Build up and Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:46 am

Whoa.....its monday already and no match thread ? Well let me the 1st one....

Have to say...i don't have a good feeling about this match. In fact i will go as far as saying we will lose this match 2-1.

So a draw would be a satisfactory result for him.

Would like to see this team.

Reina
        Finnan    Carra    Hyppia   Riise
        Pennant   Gerrard   Alonso  Benayoun
                 Crouch
                                 Torres

- Mascherano (suspended), Arbeloa & Voronin (injured) are out.

Anyway.....think rafa will most likely drop crouch & benayoun and pick Kuyt and auerlio as their replacements (ie....dropping our 2 most inform goalscorers).... Ah well.

I promise not to post sh1t if we at least draw this game....but if we do win.....  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:50 am

Btw....if for some unlikely reason we sign aimar before wed....then this should be the team.

Reina
       Finnan    Carra    Hyppia   Riise
       Benayoun Gerrard   Alonso  Aimar
                Crouch
                                Torres
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:40 am

I'll be optimistic and say that we will go on to win this one. 

Reina
  Finnan,Carra,Skrtel,Aurelio
Gerrard,Alonso,Lucas,Pennant
          Torres,Crouch
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 am

We'll f*ck them up - no danger.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 am

Reina

Arbeloa     Carra       Hyypia       Aurelio

Benayoun  Gerrard    Mascherano    Kewell

Torres  Crouch

No p!ssing about, strong team and crush them. I can see this game being the start of our recovery 3-1 or possibly 4-1
account deleted by request

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I'd like to be more optimistic but I just can't shake the bad feeling I've got about this game. Saturday's Piss poor 1st half performance will be unacceptable in a game like this and if many of those players are in the starting 11 a) they'll need to pull their socks up and b) I won't be able to see us getting anything out of the game.

Rafa needs to start digging himself out of the whole he's started to create for himself by naming his strongest 11. No more under performing Kuyt & no more half arsed Kewell.

REINA

FINNAN  CARRAGHER   HYYPIA   RIISE/AURELIO(bad as each other!)

PENNANT  GERRARD  ALONSO  BENAYOUN/BABEL

TORRES   CROUCH

It's about as close to our strongest 11 that we can get at the moment and it has to be like this from now until the end of the season if we're to get that 4th spot.

Strongest 11= 2-1 to us.

Kuyt & Kewell play = 0-2 to them.  :(
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:38 pm

s@int wrote:Reina

Arbeloa     Carra       Hyypia       Aurelio

Benayoun  Gerrard    Mascherano    Kewell

Torres  Crouch

No p!ssing about, strong team and crush them. I can see this game being the start of our recovery 3-1 or possibly 4-1

saint i hate to burst ur bubble , but mascherano is suspended , picked up 5 yellow cards, miss 1 game
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm just gonna pick our strongest side i can feel rafa doing the same if our definition of strongest is the same , We need to bounce back and our season's recovery starts here , I think we need to hammer the hammers :;): Thats means no kuyt as a winger or playing aurelio ., also voronin is injured , thank god and arbeloa is also out

Reina

Finnan                   Carra                        Hypia                          Riise

Pennant                Gerrard                      Lucas                          Kewell

Torres                       Kuyt

This is the game where playing lucas alongside gerrard , gives gerrard the freedom to roam and attack and cause havoc , when he plays alognside alonso , he seems abit confused whether to attack or defend as alonso is not a holding midfielder. Playing with 2 wide man will provide the crossing and creativity that both pennant and kewell provide. Torres is a deffo starter and the reason i did not pick crouch is firstly as he wasted so many chances against a non league team , Kuyt and Torres have a better understanding of each other , then crouch and torres do . I'd predict 3-0 , with a Torres double and a goal from Kuyt , yes Kuyt , if he plays
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:52 pm

Don't think we will win

1-1 again or something like that
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Toffeehater wrote:I'm just gonna pick our strongest side i can feel rafa doing the same if our definition of strongest is the same , We need to bounce back and our season's recovery starts here , I think we need to hammer the hammers :;): Thats means no kuyt as a winger or playing aurelio ., also voronin is injured , thank god and arbeloa is also out

Reina

Finnan                   Carra                        Hypia                          Riise

Pennant                Gerrard                      Lucas                          Kewell

This is the game where playing lucas alongside gerrard , gives gerrard the freedom to roam and attack and cause havoc , when he plays alognside alonso , he seems abit confused whether to attack or defend as alonso is not a holding midfielder. Playing with 2 wide man will provide the crossing and creativity that both pennant and kewell provide. Torres is a deffo starter and the reason i did not pick crouch is firstly as he wasted so many chances against a non league team , Kuyt and Torres have a better understanding of each other , then crouch and torres do . I'd predict 3-0 , with a Torres double and a goal from Kuyt , yes Kuyt , if he plays

Kuyt in your strongest 11, ok please explain. I agree that Kuyt and Torres have a better understanding but so what when Kuyt can't find the net. I'd play Torres and Babel or Torres and Crouch or maybe even Babel and Crouch, since Torres has been looking very tired lately.
I'll actually settle for a draw as I think the team are still unsetteled with all the :censored: flying about at the moment, plus Rafa will probably pick Kuyt and Torres up front  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:19 pm

heimdall wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I'm just gonna pick our strongest side i can feel rafa doing the same if our definition of strongest is the same , We need to bounce back and our season's recovery starts here , I think we need to hammer the hammers :;): Thats means no kuyt as a winger or playing aurelio ., also voronin is injured , thank god and arbeloa is also out

Reina

Kuyt in your strongest 11, ok please explain. I agree that Kuyt and Torres have a better understanding but so what when Kuyt can't find the net. I'd play Torres and Babel or Torres and Crouch or maybe even Babel and Crouch, since Torres has been looking very tired lately.
I'll actually settle for a draw as I think the team are still unsetteled with all the :censored: flying about at the moment, plus Rafa will probably pick Kuyt and Torres up front  :sniffle

I'd rather use kuyt then crouch , especially ater he missed so many sitters against a pub team , if kuyt was in his position with those types of opportunities , he'd probably had scored them , also Rafa has already said that he's not gonna play babel upfront , so that leaves us with babel on the flank and with voronin out only kuyt , so i'd rather go with kuyt as he and torres understand each other better . I'm not his biggest fan either but , beggers can't be choosers , we've already tried stevie as a foward and that did not work , so play a natural foward and put stevie in the middle , at least he can roam and make those surging runs
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

Heads will roll big time if we dont win this game.

And I have no confidence what so ever that we will win the team look lost with all the sh!t going on.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Don't know how we are going to get on with Voronin out injured
                           Reina
Finnan         Carra         Hyypia      Aurelio
   Pennant      Gerrard       Alonso       Kewell
                   Torres Kuyt

Also considered Insua at LB, not because hey why not give him a run out, but he MIGHT actually be our best choice at LB right now, God knows I have seen enough of Riise lately. 
On a different note, it might be time to give El Zhar or Leto at shot on the left because Kewell has been uninspiring, again not because we are giving up but they could actually be better

Same thing goes with Nemeth, at least we know he can find the net against somebody, and we probably aren't going to get any goals out of Kuyt anyway of its not like its much of a risk to play some of our younger talent in the supporting striker role.

Also, Alonso better shape up soon before Lucas and Gerrard become the optimal pairing (not sure if that would even work out well on the pitch though)
JoeTerp

Postby destro » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Crouch and Torres upfront and I think we will win comfortably. If we need Kuyt ( ??? ) to run around like a headless chicken and not give their deffence any time on the ball bring him on when we are a few goals up NOT when  or if need to score. Crouch deserves a good run in the team. I thought he would be gone to maybe Man City in the transfer window but hes still there ( for now ). Despite what people say about how many chances he misses at least he can score from one of them eventually and Torres seems to have picked up on the fact that Crouchs flick ons go the opposite way to his strike partners runs and that should catch the West Ham deffence out :;):
destro

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:45 pm

I'd have Kuyt playin ahead of Crouch, with the tall guy to come on 2nd half. Let Kuyt run their defence stupid - even if he don't score, Torres is quick enuff to capitalise on a mistake or two. Thinkin back a while, why not start SG on the right, Alonso in the middle and give SG the freedom to roam when needed/desired. Seemed to work well even if he wernt keen himself.

Kuyt's really done my head in to be honest, I like the guys effort, jus wanna see some results from it.

Nothin against Crouchie, the guys scored some very important goals for us, jus that Torres works better with Kuyt.

And Babel........sorry to harp on, but the bench and on for 20 at the end seems his current level.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion