WEST HAM vs LIVERPOOL: Prem - 30/01/08 - Build up and Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:38 am

Ciggy wrote:10 draws 3 loses half way through the season is not good enough for a Liverpool manager and thats that Im afraid.

the 3 losses is ok (that amount isnt awful)

its the awful draws that have killed our season, when we have been unable to break down teams who come to defend
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:39 am

hello_red wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
hello_red wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Ciggy wrote:This is nothing to do with what I was saying earlier BTW this is from CTR on RAWK.

No, DIC have suspended talks for now, but will be back.

But there is serious damage at the club.  We sold our soul, and now will pay the price.

I can only see disaster from here on.  Rafa will certainly be gone, and I believe soon.  Pushed/walks.. who cares.  He was the one man who could've turned us round, but the backing will be too late.  There will be a serious exodus of players too... those who are disillusioned with the future, the Rafa loyalists etc.  And the pitch at the moment could easily mean no European football next season.

All the pieces are in place for a crisis unlike anything we have ever faced.

It came from the decisions of 12 months ago, like it or not.

I don't particularly believe any of this, and is more speculative and negative on the poster's behalf, but I do agree that now we are in a situation the dwarfs the blackened times of the late Evans/Houllier reign.

Rafa will not survive this. The man cannot possibly concentrate on his job in such a harsh climate. The owners wanted him out, and now a lot of the fans are starting to. It's a f*cking disgrace. We as a football club and a fan base are falling from the prestige that we once held ourself to such a high order in.

The poster is dead right in that it all stems from the decision made last year. There is not a chance in hell that the position we are in at the current time could have come about or be contributed to a lack of competence on the manager's behalf. I simply refuse to give into that notion. Form is temporary, but class is permanent. An artist of any kind of craft or trade simply does not  become incapable over a period of time.

Players could also very well leave, and those who think Torres won't exit also need a reality check.

I hope Rafa goes on to bring us another CL, then walks! Why? Because how the club is being handled and supported deserves a  slap in the face. Say the new manager comes in and wins us nothing? Rafa will all of a sudden be a genius again to those that scorned him.

you cant call fans who want rafa out a discrace. We have supported him for 4 years and he hasnt brought a title challenge, how much longer can we wait?

How about one more year?

Take it to a massive 5 years!

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Im with redhaysey.
Ill support the team no matter what.

i would give him another year if i saw progress

but at the moment we play ugly football, we are so predictable, struggle to break teams down who defend deep, dont cut it against man utd, arsenal and chelsea in the league

so lets give him another year on that basis? yeah?

Ive talked ablot this in another thread, one year with real money and stability behind him would not hurt!

Dsont matter we have :censored: up he is off to Milan.

real money?

as opposed to the 50 odd million he has spent in the past 12 months
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 am

real money?

And how much did he make back through players leaving?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:42 am

how much has rafa spent over the last 4 years?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am

hello_red wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
hello_red wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Ciggy wrote:This is nothing to do with what I was saying earlier BTW this is from CTR on RAWK.

No, DIC have suspended talks for now, but will be back.

But there is serious damage at the club.  We sold our soul, and now will pay the price.

I can only see disaster from here on.  Rafa will certainly be gone, and I believe soon.  Pushed/walks.. who cares.  He was the one man who could've turned us round, but the backing will be too late.  There will be a serious exodus of players too... those who are disillusioned with the future, the Rafa loyalists etc.  And the pitch at the moment could easily mean no European football next season.

All the pieces are in place for a crisis unlike anything we have ever faced.

It came from the decisions of 12 months ago, like it or not.

I don't particularly believe any of this, and is more speculative and negative on the poster's behalf, but I do agree that now we are in a situation the dwarfs the blackened times of the late Evans/Houllier reign.

Rafa will not survive this. The man cannot possibly concentrate on his job in such a harsh climate. The owners wanted him out, and now a lot of the fans are starting to. It's a f*cking disgrace. We as a football club and a fan base are falling from the prestige that we once held ourself to such a high order in.

The poster is dead right in that it all stems from the decision made last year. There is not a chance in hell that the position we are in at the current time could have come about or be contributed to a lack of competence on the manager's behalf. I simply refuse to give into that notion. Form is temporary, but class is permanent. An artist of any kind of craft or trade simply does not  become incapable over a period of time.

Players could also very well leave, and those who think Torres won't exit also need a reality check.

I hope Rafa goes on to bring us another CL, then walks! Why? Because how the club is being handled and supported deserves a  slap in the face. Say the new manager comes in and wins us nothing? Rafa will all of a sudden be a genius again to those that scorned him.

you cant call fans who want rafa out a discrace. We have supported him for 4 years and he hasnt brought a title challenge, how much longer can we wait?

How about one more year?

Take it to a massive 5 years!

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Im with redhaysey.
Ill support the team no matter what.

i would give him another year if i saw progress

but at the moment we play ugly football, we are so predictable, struggle to break teams down who defend deep, dont cut it against man utd, arsenal and chelsea in the league

so lets give him another year on that basis? yeah?

Ive talked ablot this in another thread, one year with real money and stability behind him would not hurt!

Dsont matter we have :censored: up he is off to Milan.

I think its too late for that now sadly.
I dont think the replacement for rafa will be an improvement, nor do i think our squad will get any major improvements any time soon.

Maybe things can be turned around if DIC comes in but thats the only positive thing i see atm.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:
real money?

the point is though he has been able to bring people in (to the tune of 50 million in the last 12 months)
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:43 am

7_Kewell wrote:how much has rafa spent over the last 4 years?

Does that include watches for his missus?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 am

LittleHobo wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
real money?

the point is though he has been able to bring people in (to the tune of 50 million in the last 12 months)

And my point is without the sales would he still have had as much to spend?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:44 am

LittleHobo wrote:real money?

Its more like 20 mill, and if you count the financial bonus from getting to the CL final he hasnt really spent much at all.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby holylamb2006 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 am

Dsont matter we have screwed up he is off to Milan.

If he's such a bad manager then y would he be off to Milan ???

I dont know my mind is is SCREWED up with this thread
holylamb2006

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 am

also i am worried about carragher

he is fast turning into the dirk kuyt of defence, works hard but is a liability
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 am

LittleHobo wrote:also i am worried about carragher

You don't half chat some shit mate.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:48 am

Ive just realised NO STOP IT !! This is a match thread not a thread about the bloody owners !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 am

LFC2007 wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:also i am worried about carragher

You don't half chat some shit mate.

i love carragher

i just think his last ditch tackle style isnt as good as people make out.....he makes these last ditch tackles because he isnt in position in the first place

hes a great guy and a liverpool legend but sami in his prime was a much better centre back
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby holylamb2006 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 am

You don't half chat some :censored: mate

Ye i agree
holylamb2006

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion