Wembley 2007 - Fa cup or cl final ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:27 pm

oh funny. change what i said. im not part of the gang yet, but lets keep this to wembley.

It is a fantastic looking stadium and id love it if we were playing there in the final next may, even if it was only 25,000 of us, which it wont hehe
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:34 pm

haha dilbert sent me a pm asking if i still think he is karim.

the answer is 'yes', i still think you are karim/lpa/oasis/jerzy and now dilberts banana.

anyway, wembley, wtf has it taken soooooooo long to complete. it just seems to keep getting put back and back
112-1077774096

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:35 pm

Lots of politics put it back, apparently i was reading that the fa nearly went bankrupt because of it.

It has been a total shambles and how we got the 2012 olympics after the farce of just one stadium is bizarre to say the least. 2007 will be great if it really does finally come into place.
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:55 pm

stop sending me pms idiot
112-1077774096

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:02 pm

I only sent one saying can you leave your idiocracy against me to a pm, not on here. I want to talk about wembley. I thought i was doing the right thing by not involving a spat on here in front of others.

Here is some stuff on wembley to wet the appetite:

Beneath the arch, facilities have been designed for maximum visitor comfort. The stadium’s geometry and steeply raked seating tiers means everyone will have an unobstructed view of the beautiful game below: gone are the old Wembley’s two crescent-shaped ends where fans were far from the maddening crowd and action. Seats are also larger than in the old stadium with, on average, 30 per cent more leg room.

The new Wembley will have 2,257 more places for fans to have a tinkle. The old stadium had only 361 toilets. With a staggering 2,618, the new Wembley sets another stadium world record.
All 2, 618 of the black laminate-panelled grafitti-concealing loos will be tucked underneath the seating bowl, making them easy for even the most sozzled of footie fans to find. They share concourse space with more catering facilities than you can throw a hot dog at: a dozen restaurants seating between 400 and 2,000 people between them, 58 kiosks and 156 hospitality boxes.

How the spacing works:

The levels work like this: one and five are general admission; two is club concourse and lounge space; three houses 120 private hospitality boxes, the Great Hall restaurant and a circulation corridor which hugs the building’s ample waist; and level four has 40 more of those crucial revenue-generating hospitality boxes.
Most of us, of course, won’t be washing down ballontine of truffled chicken with a Puligny-Montrachet Premier Cru in the exclusive Corinthian Restaurant. The nearest we’ll get to the restaurant, which costs £10,000 a day to hire without the aforementioned victuals, is a snatched glimpse of the eatery as we glide up the escalators to ‘general admission’ on level five. Located in the main column-free atrium, the cascading escalators with their glass balustrades are an important part of the Wembley’s architectural experience. Overlooking Olympic Way on the north side and framed by a five degree-tilted glass wall, they take punters from level one to five.
What the designers are creating, says Campbell, is a sense of drama, the kind of anticipation that theatre-goers get while waiting for the curtain to go up, ‘They want to create the feeling for match-goers that they are about to be entertained for two hours, that a performance is going to take place. They will come from the light outside into the dark concourses. The only decoration and colour will be in the flags and banners brought in by the teams on match days.’
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby Rafa D » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:06 pm

dilbertsbanana wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:DILBERT,

After you last comment I am assuming you have never been to a football club final before. Therefore your say on this matter shall cease

doddy lad, the fact eh has 60 posts in two days tells you he is clearly on a wind up.

The Book is Open

Roberts 6-4
Stu The Red 2-1
Hustler 4-1
Liverpoolanytime 12-1

20-1 bar

I'll have £10 on the 20/1 bar

All im saying is that its a 90k seater. We will get our fair share.

Rafa-dodd, i have been to many many games before. So dont take swings just to stick up for the 'regs'. Just because someone has posted 1000's doesnt mean they will be right.

i got tickets easy enough for the cup final. And the poeple know that the more fans you get the better the atmosphere. Bit harsh to call be stupid kenny, maybe im just a hopefull dreamer. Most liverpool fans on here will bash everything and a lot have this real 'everyone hates us' approach to life which i dont agree with.

All im saying is that maybe Leon is a little bit cynical and it makes no sense. Okay i went overboard but he does have this talent of ruining every happy thread with his scouse cynicism.

Of course maybe 20% will be given up and lost meaning 18,000 tickets gone. That would still leave 36,000 for each team. Maybe it will be 30% which means 27k lost and only 31.5k for each team.

Oh, and the reason i havent been on...i was in the pub last night!

Ticket Farce

Dilbert, here is a article about the F.A Cup Final and whhat a farce it was. We got 23,500 each out of a 77,000 stadium. So the F.A got 30,000 tickets and the two teams playing only got 23,500 each?!!?  WTF is that about!

Liverpool took 33,000 fans alone to the F.A Cup Semi final so why should 10,000 fans miss out on tickets for the F.A?

The F.A may change and adopt your suggested examples but leopards don't change their spots.

BTW *  Leon was right and thats why I posted, it wasn't because he  was a "reg" or a mate, the facts back it up mate.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:09 pm

But that is not a thing against liverpool, it is against football in general. I was at the fa cup final tho, and thought there was a decent turn out for both sets of fans.

Lets hope that there is a lot more seating from now on he? But considering the price the stadium cost i wouldnt be surprised now if we got less!!

I just like to see more happiness. The thing aint even built yet and aready the moaning is starting, which based on previous knowledge is right, but its just not what im about

im the eternal optimist
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:26 pm

peewee wrote:stop sending me pms idiot

If he is sending pm's constantly then he is definately Oasis, he/she/it used to send me them everytime i disagreed with him and called him a t!t...which was virtually everytime he posted  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:32 pm

By the way on the ticketing allocation, it is highly unlikley to change and the two clubs in the final will get the usual percentage with the rest being distributed by the F.A to other clubs sponsors and executives.
It is a joke tbh, if its 90,000 then it should be 40k each with 10k for the F.A to distribute...if either club doesnt sell there allocation then they should be offered to the opposing club.....and if they are still not sold (highly unlikely) then the F.A could distribute them how they see fit.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dilbertsbanana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:34 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:By the way on the ticketing allocation, it is highly unlikley to change and the two clubs in the final will get the usual percentage with the rest being distributed by the F.A to other clubs sponsors and executives.
It is a joke tbh, if its 90,000 then it should be 40k each with 10k for the F.A to distribute...if either club doesnt sell there allocation then they should be offered to the opposing club.....and if they are still not sold (highly unlikely) then the F.A could distribute them how they see fit.

wholeheartedly agree.
Perfect world and all that. But its all about the revenue which sucks.

40k each and 10k for sponsors should be fine...wishful thinking eh?
meep meep
dilbertsbanana

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:36 pm

The simple reason why Wembley hasnt finished on schedule is because an Australian company who attempted to go world wide with their business bit off more than they could chew.
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 pm

Typical Aussies...cowboys  :angry:  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:33 am

Ace Ventura wrote:Typical Aussies...cowboys  :angry:  :D

:D  I think Harry Kewell was doing the plastering . Explains it all  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby khan01 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:40 pm

very good
khan01

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:34 pm

The stadium itself only costs £100 million.

The arch costs £700 million, because it's encrusted with precious jewels.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion