Well rafa wants to talk about the transfer window - So why shouldn't we?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:11 pm

leon have you locked the other thread permanently?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:12 pm

yeah, iw anged to talk about rafa being suspended from skybet betting in next manager to leave, it is odd, but ladbrokes havent changed prices, still 7/1...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:19 pm

i seriously hope this is just Rafa letting off steam, because i honestly cannot believe we would sack him and bring in Mourino. I mean....let me get this right....we are going to sack rafa because he wants to sign players!??  Just like Mourino did back at Chelsea last summer?  ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Perry Digweed wrote:Really think we need to strenghten midfield-not much quality in depth in this area.

???  Are you taking the p!ss?

Mind you with a name like that you probably are now run along............

:p  so funny.  :O
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:40 pm

Apparently we are interested in Ezequiel Garay. He is supposed to be a very talented young CB currently playing for Racing Santander. ManU and several other clubs are said to be interested in him as well.

I also think we need to sign a good right winger. But it doesnt look like we have the money for that now.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:31 pm

mart wrote:Apparently we are interested in Ezequiel Garay. He is supposed to be a very talented young CB currently playing for Racing Santander. ManU and several other clubs are said to be interested in him as well.

I also think we need to sign a good right winger. But it doesnt look like we have the money for that now.

One thing I think needs to be said is that this thread isn't for rumours - there's a dedicated section of the forum for that.

This is purely a thread to add your opinion about where you think we're short, and who isn't up to scratch. Uncle Albert and friends can have their say, but - please - in the relevant place.  :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby matrix » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:55 pm

this whole thing could be getting out of hand...

rafa is only telling these yanks,  that you have to move quick on transfer targets...

ps   i see manure have agreed a fee for tevez...

like rafa said you dont understand the transfer market...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:51 am

Last January we got Arbeloa and Mascherano

Before that we got Agger in January

I would expect only to bring in cover for Centre half.  Sell Carson, and maybe try and work out Mascherano's deal, and if he signs long term then sell Momo in the summer
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:17 pm

traditionally there's never much action in the january transfer window from the top sides, mainly because all the best players are CL cuptied (ok we're by no means qualified yet) and those that are available become more expensive. the activity that does happen tends to come from the sides who are desperated to avoid relegation and throw money at anything to try and stay up.

it think we'll see the mascherano deal tied up come january and we may see the arrival of another centre half. in terms of outgoings i wouldn't be surprised to see crouch go (although i really rate the guy i can't see us turning down £10-12m) and i'd be surprised if we didn't listen to offers for sissoko and riise aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redmikey » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:09 pm

i think jack hobbs should be given ago in the carling cup and be used as cover for sami who is cover for agger, lets bring some talent on ffs,

we need a right winger as pennant just isn't good enough and never will be imho, arron lennon would be too much unless we used couch which i don't won't to see

we need dirk to remember his shooting boots and stop trying to do all the donkey work to win the fans over at ever game as goals is what he is employed for not a midfielder, a goal taker is what we need to play with torres who has been netter than most of could have hoped for in his first season, taking in to account his english is very poor as yet

midfield .......  we need to sign a argy who can play abit and win the ball back better than anyone in the league, momo included (pull ya dollars out tom)     masha is world class and his type of player don't come on the market much so we need to nail him down while he loves it here and won't play anywhere else

defense with cb cover we are ok, but with carson going at a profit have we got enough between the sticks

we are in better shape than ever before at this time of the season and if we had been here last term we would have been right up there at the end, you can never say we would have won cause we didn't and we weren't

rafa to go is madness, we have one of the best managers in europe who seems to suit the club for me quite hard working , yes he has made mistake but he has rectified them as soon as he has been able to, and yes he is a control freak but thats his job, he dosn't want to settle for second best which is what the yanks are asking him to do imho
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Rafa - I want to sign Kahka Kaladze
Hicks - YOU WANT TO SIGN KAKA!!!
Rafa - yes Kahka is a good player and we need him
Hicks - I am freezing all transfers we just can't afford Kaka (George!, Rafa's lost the fkn plot)

A simple misunderstanding :D
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:46 pm

An artiucle from BBC sports news: (Its mostly to so with the whole gillett/hicks - rafa debacle but does talk a bit about transfers - (although we can't read too much in to this either as the quote is from a 'source' close to benitez…. And we all know what that means)...

--------
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez wants to reconcile his differences with club owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, BBC Sport understands.
But the Spaniard's attempts at a truce may be too late after he openly criticised the duo for holding up his transfer plans.

Hicks and Gillett have said they will meet with Benitez in mid-December.

A source close to Benitez told the Liverpool Echo newspaper: "Rafa loves it at Liverpool."

The source said Benitez would not walk away from Anfield adding: "He loves the people of the city, he loves the fans and he loves the club. All he wants is what's best for the fans - he gets frustrated when he feels he's not able to do that.

"But he is happy with Tom and George owning the club and he has enjoyed working with them since he came and he has no problem working with (chief executive) Rick (Parry).

"All he wants is to be able to continue the job that he's started so he can continue improving the squad in a bid to deliver the title he knows Tom, George and Rick want just as badly as he does.

"The manager has got a few transfers that he wants to get done, one in January and two Bosmans in the summer but it looks like he is going to miss out on the first one now.

"That frustrated him because the first one was a centre half, a position he feels we really need back-up in.

"The frustration stems from the fact that communication has been so difficult with everyone being so far apart and in different time zones.

"But the fans should be reassured Rafa has no plans of walking away. He loves it here and his family are settled on Merseyside."

--------

Well if this is the case, (and thought its possible - you have to question the reliabilty of the 'source') then we're on the right track with bringing in a defender in the january window… then we've got 2 bosmans coming in over the summer… who could they be… imo I'm gonna take a guess and say young south american/spanish youngsters that'll go straight into the reserves ready for the future..  :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Perry Digweed wrote:Really think we need to strenghten midfield-not much quality in depth in this area.

we have possibly the best central midfield in the league , its the left flank that we have a problem with , gerrard can play on the right , arguably his best position , the left flank is where kewell shud play more often but , if he does not prove his worth by the end of the season , we need a top left winger ... Splurge the money on this , sign a cheap centre back and keep masch , with this , we shud win the league . PS , if kuyt does score mre often ,  then we do nid a top striker , kuyt needs to gain his confidence back , like the first season for us ..

We should sell carson , momo , crouch .. Carson would fetch us 10 million at most , crouch also 10 and momo 6 , thats 26 mill , we can , use this pay 17 to 20 mill for masch and sign a cheap centre back for injuries and rotation , i'd go for senderos , or simple play hobbs more and get him that match fitness , we can save that bit of money here . Rafa wants to sign garay ? thats will be a stupid move if he splurges more then 6 for him , firstly garay will want to start in the first team and i cannot see him dislodging carra and agger from their positions , thus he might be unhappy . Sell aurelio , and possibly get some cash for him , i'm sorry he seems not LFC material and is injury prone . NOT a starter but more of a rotation type of player if we keep him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:41 pm

s@int wrote:Rafa - I want to sign Kahka Kaladze
Hicks - YOU WANT TO SIGN KAKA!!!
Rafa - yes Kahka is a good player and we need him
Hicks - I am freezing all transfers we just can't afford Kaka (George!, Rafa's lost the fkn plot)

A simple misunderstanding :D

:D they ain't that stupid
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:40 am

We should keep everyone happy and sign Kahka Kaka Kaladze.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion