Weak squad?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:06 pm

We are quicly approaching a new season and we haven't signed a new right midfielder and central defender. I am very concerned about this. Who should we use at right midfield? Gerrard should play in the centre, but he is the only one with a little bit of pace and flair enabling him to go past defenders and make crosses. Murphy is slow and weak and can not provide any width. Biscan is uncomfortable in any other position than centre midfield. Diouf's services is not wanted by the boss. Smicer is out for a long time. Finnan is a right defender, but he has played right midfield for his country and done pretty well. Kewell's best position is left midfield.

Our central defence is slow and will be exposed when we play top teams in england and quality opposition in europe. All the best defenders are stong and lightening quick (Ferdinand, Campbell, Silvestre, Lucio and Toure). Ideally we need two new central defenders, but we need at least one right now.

The only reason for this lack of new signings must be our financial position. I do believe Benitez need to sell before he can buy. Diouf, Diao, Finnan, Vignal, Diarra and Murphy should be sold, but no club will give much for these players and not many clubs can pay their current wages. I wonder if there was any truth in Hyypia's Barca rumour. I think it would have made good sense to sell him to improve the squad. Now it looks like Liverpool are forced to sell Baros. We have four good strikers, and maybe we have to sell one of them since we have no good right midfielders and no good central defenders.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:10 am

yes its scandelous! benitez obviously doesnt know that much about performances lst season or the squad, and has come for the big pay cheque it seems.

I doubt any midfield signings are gonna come now before the kick off Versus spurs, so expect the same rollercoaster ride with yer head in yer hands!
72-1090627431

Postby madred » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:10 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:19 am

Hustlers Revenge wrote:yes its scandelous! benitez obviously doesnt know that much about performances lst season or the squad, and has come for the big pay cheque it seems.

I doubt any midfield signings are gonna come now before the kick off Versus spurs, so expect the same rollercoaster ride with yer head in yer hands!

disagree
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby BoogiePimp » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:00 am

people plz plz plz stop whinging about benny not sign this and that .......

give the man chance......

there may be many reasons why he has not signed many players yet

for instance

no money
the right player being not being available
the right player wanting to play for us

the man is not a fool and is not just gonna buy any scumbag that will happen to keep the fans happy for 5 mins and not produce the goods

so please be patient and lay off him
BoogiePimp

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:06 am

yes its scandelous! benitez obviously doesnt know that much about performances lst season or the squad, and has come for the big pay cheque it seems.

zzzzzzzzz

Our central defence is slow and will be exposed when we play top teams in england and quality opposition in europe. All the best defenders are stong and lightening quick (Ferdinand, Campbell, Silvestre, Lucio and Toure). Ideally we need two new central defenders, but we need at least one right now.

Right, so Silvestre and Toure are better than Sami Hyypia? Get real. Terry isn't lightening quick, Hyypia isn't, Henchoz isn't, Ayala isn't, Samuel certainly isn't.

Lad, theres more to the game than Pace. Hyypia's one of the best in the league and even opta backed that up last season by putting him second out of all the central defenders.

We have plenty of cover at the back and Valencia didn't have quick centre halfs. Marchena and Ayala were probably slower than our two.

Diouf, Diao, Finnan, Vignal, Diarra and Murphy should be sold, but no club will give much

Finnan, Vignal and Murphy? Lad do you have a clue? Murphy is a good player who loves the club and scores 10 goals a season and is more than useful, Vignal is a young left back who impressed every time he played, Finnan has had one season and shown glimpses of class with his touch, passing and composure.

Are you another wind up merchant?
115-1073096938

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:10 am

I have read some of the fanzines of other clubs, including Arsenal and they see the Reds under Benitez being a  sleeping giant about to rumble and make a mark.. I agree and I suggest you all stop winging and look forward to a promising season off the back of a good pre-season.... :angry:

And Moderators.. when will that p*ss head Hustler be finally evicted from this forum.. is there no mechanism for ousting this .. this... thing ???
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:27 am

Hustler (yawn)

I dont believe we have a weak squad although i do agree we need a really good right midfielder. That is the missing link in our side and it needs to be sorted, PRONTO
He comes from Spain and he doesn't speak good English,
But we don't care cos he'll turn us into winners,
The European Cup will be ours before he's finished,
Raaaaafaa Benitez!
Rafa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weezy » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:31 am

GK: dudek    RB: J.carragher    LB riise  DC: Hypia n henchoz   RM:smicer/murphy  MC:gerrard n kewell  LM: boros SC: owen n cisse
dats wot i fink we shud ve i fink da defence wud do alrite as we dnt slake da markin n no more inj. hopefuly da 2 wingers wud do wot wingers do 2 hold bk their other teams ful bk
weezy

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:39 am

weezy wrote:GK: dudek    RB: J.carragher    LB riise  DC: Hypia n henchoz   RM:smicer/murphy  MC:gerrard n kewell  LM: boros SC: owen n cisse
dats wot i fink we shud ve i fink da defence wud do alrite as we dnt slake da markin n no more inj. hopefuly da 2 wingers wud do wot wingers do 2 hold bk their other teams ful bk

eh?

as Leon would say have you been on the crackpipe again?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:45 am

and Arsenal fail in the european cup again .. ha ha ha  great... whose great... not Arsenal :p
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:47 am

never won the premiership!!!!!!!!!! even west brom got a 1st div championship

premiership just another name for the old 1st division..derrrrr divi.
Last edited by supersub on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
rocco

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:48 am

rocco, why don't u talk some sense instead of dodgy insults.
Probably becasue you jumped on the arsenbal bandwagon last season, and know nowt about football.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:51 am

hahahah read the threads on this site and then tell me who knows nothing about football your all behaving as if you were a top 3 club or something

you obviously know diddley squat
Last edited by supersub on Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
rocco

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:53 am

mate we are a club on the improve, and have a lot of potential under our new manager, and hence there is a lot of optimism.

I read an article on the arsenal site the other day with one of your fans saying that we were a sleeping giant and he eexpected us to be challenging this season, obviously some Arsenal fans have some brains unlike yourself.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion