Weak squad?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:14 am

he was dead cheap and has loads of talent, underachieved last season but so did most of the sqaud.

Expect good things from him this season, Beni has said that he wil  be playing LM which is his best position IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:16 am

I thought at leeds he used to moan about been out on the wing and wanted to be a striker....im suprised you didnt go for parlour  you seem pretty weak on the right and he could have done a good job for a season always thought he was under rated
rocco

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:18 am

yeh he is getting on in years though, an I think he is no better than Danny Murphy anymore, we do need a RM however so you have a point, but i think we need someone with a bit more talent and a bit younger than Ray Parlour.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:22 am

You didn't really touch a nerve with your post before Rocco, you've started to settle a bit now which is good but you've still got a bit to learm about netequitte.

Kewell has a lot of talent which he didn't use last season. Expect better this season.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:26 am

nah i knew what i was doing starbridge just like to tickle and see who bites...maybe parlour is getting on a bit but i would have liked for us to keep him another year..what happened to the two french wonder kids you got forget their names was one called pongolle or something
rocco

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:29 am

Pongolle and Le Tallec.

Le Tallec got loaned out to St Ettiene just a few days ago and Pongolle is highly regarded by Benitez and is in the first team squad.
Last edited by Starbridge42 on Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:29 am

pongolle and la tallec.

Pongolle is still in the sqaud, will be back up for Owen, Cisse and Baros.

La Tallec is a good player, with a lot of potential. Benitez has loaned him out to St Etienne in France to get some 1st team experiince.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:30 am

sorry posted at same time.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:33 am

beat you  :p  :D
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:34 am

I'll get over it.  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:36 am

sounds promising i will keep an eye out for him...still think you need your right side sorting out i dont rate carragher at all is he out of position at right back? you def need to get that side sorted ...what do you think of owen he had an awfull season last year and didnt really show anything at all for england ,,,got upstaged by that young fat gazza lookie a like from across the park....do you think owen has burnt himself out...maybe he needs a change of clubs
rocco

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:42 am

Owen is quality player however i think he has been burnt out at least partially by Gerard Houllier.  He played him alone and far, far too often.  He's not a Schvechenko or Henry who are able to play alone.  he's more like Torres or Ronaldo who need someone to play off.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:45 am

well i think you will need him i was reading today that Baros has been talking about if barca come in for him he wants to go..would be a shame for you after his performance in euro championship
rocco

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:46 am

done well pre season with Cisse, I think these two will be deadly this season.

Carragher is a decent player, and his committment is fantastic.
Josemi might be playing at RB however.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocco » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:48 am

well i have my hopes pinned on reyes this season ... he had a great introduction to premiership footy and could outshine henry now he is settled
rocco

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion