Weak links... who would you like to see? - Keep it realistic...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 pm

GYBS wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:When did Terry not look all that good..?

Chelsea are a different team when he isn't in their side..

you do know that last year most of chelseas defeats happened when they had terry in the side  ???

I havent got that info, but I find it very hard to believe
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:05 pm

For my money, Carvalho's the key defender for Chelsea.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:For my money, Carvalho's the key defender for Chelsea.

yeh, maybe..

I think Terry is better in the air...  which I think Stu was saying where one of our defences weaknesses is
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:Woodgate. Never. Old. Slow. Very average. He is over the top. Not hungry. Just trying to squeeze out a little more cash at the end of his career. And on top of that; injury prone. I'd only rate him slightly better than Hyypia. Far behind Agger, Carra and Skrtl.

Are you havin a laugh?

Slow? Old? Average? :laugh:

He's 28, not exactly old, prime of your career. He's not burnt out, he's defeinately not slow in terms of recovery and overall pace and average?

How can the second best centre half in the country be considered average? What a stupid statement that is.

:no

Second best? COme on man

Toure
Gallas
Skrtl
Agger
Carra
Ferdinand
Vidic
Brown
Carvalho
Terry
Alex
Richards
King

Second best?

Also. In my opinion as I said earlier. He is past it. He is just playing to squeeze some more money from his legs. His hunger is gone. The quality was there maybe, but it is long gone. Long long gone.

The only centre half who is better than him in this country is Ferdinand. Thats it.

None of the others are even close.

John Terry is the best CB in the country by a country mile.  Yes sure, Rio looks pretty (??) when he is walking out of defence but for put defensive duties Terry is miles better.

I think Woodgate is a good player, but we don't need him.

Carra, Agger, Scary and Hypia are all great CB's.  I'm not saying there all the best in the Premiership, but I don't think there is another side in Europe that has the stregth in depth we have in that position.

Hypia will need replacing at the end of next season, but at the start of this transfer window are attacking requirements outweighed our defensive requirements. (imo)

Terry's good club player, much like Carragher.

He's a bully, and leader but he's never in a million years an international class footballer. In absoloutely no way shape or form.

He's averagely paced, he's got average ability on the ball and he's positionally not the best either. If you watch him in comparrison to Sami (at his best) he's not even in the same league in terms of football ability.

Its pathetic the way people believe the hype over him and Lampard. Probably two of Chelsea's worse pure footballers.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:When did Terry not look all that good..?

Chelsea are a different team when he isn't in their side..

you do know that last year most of chelseas defeats happened when they had terry in the side  ???

I havent got that info, but I find it very hard to believe

so did it i until someone showed me the proof .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Toure , gallas , terry , carvalho , agger and carra are all great defenders mile ahead of an average an injury prone woodgate , who's good in the air thats about it . He looks poor against top sides and against top , fast strikers .

As for the best defender in the league , my money would be on carvalho , maybe terry last season but this season perhaps due to injuries he has not been his best this season . Rio is massively overrated , nothing spectacular about him .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:Woodgate. Never. Old. Slow. Very average. He is over the top. Not hungry. Just trying to squeeze out a little more cash at the end of his career. And on top of that; injury prone. I'd only rate him slightly better than Hyypia. Far behind Agger, Carra and Skrtl.

Are you havin a laugh?

He's 28, not exactly old, prime of your career. He's not burnt out, he's defeinately not slow in terms of recovery and overall pace and average?

How can the second best centre half in the country be considered average? What a stupid statement that is.

Second best? COme on man

Toure
Gallas
Skrtl
Agger
Carra
Ferdinand
Vidic
Brown
Carvalho
Terry
Alex
Richards
King

Second best?

Also. In my opinion as I said earlier. He is past it. He is just playing to squeeze some more money from his legs. His hunger is gone. The quality was there maybe, but it is long gone. Long long gone.

The only centre half who is better than him in this country is Ferdinand. Thats it.

John Terry is the best CB in the country by a country mile.  Yes sure, Rio looks pretty (??) when he is walking out of defence but for put defensive duties Terry is miles better.

Carra, Agger, Scary and Hypia are all great CB's.  I'm not saying there all the best in the Premiership, but I don't think there is another side in Europe that has the stregth in depth we have in that position.

Hypia will need replacing at the end of next season, but at the start of this transfer window are attacking requirements outweighed our defensive requirements. (imo)

He's a bully, and leader but he's never in a million years an international class footballer. In absoloutely no way shape or form.

He's averagely paced, he's got average ability on the ball and he's positionally not the best either. If you watch him in comparrison to Sami (at his best) he's not even in the same league in terms of football ability.

Its pathetic the way people believe the hype over him and Lampard. Probably two of Chelsea's worse pure footballers.

in your opinion...
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Are you havin a laugh?

Second best? COme on man

Toure
Gallas
Skrtl
Agger
Carra
Ferdinand
Vidic
Brown
Carvalho
Terry
Alex
Richards
King

Second best?

:no . just shows your footballing knowledge , lampard i agree but never on terry . Earns every cent of his pay , injured a day after surgery he was in training , the 2 seasons where chelsea won the league he was immense . Last season he was injured , so it was ok if he was avergae
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:24 pm

woof woof ! wrote:We've been crying out for a top winger/wide player for years and years and years. Beginning to wonder if we'll ever see one in Rafa's team. Whilst he's improved virtually all departments within the squad the purchase of a real quality wide player has been continually ignored.

Why are people still bleating on about wingers when United won the double last season without any, Chelsea don't play theirs as wingers and nor do Arsenal?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm

stmichael wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:We've been crying out for a top winger/wide player for years and years and years. Beginning to wonder if we'll ever see one in Rafa's team. Whilst he's improved virtually all departments within the squad the purchase of a real quality wide player has been continually ignored.

Why are people still bleating on about wingers when United won the double last season without any, Chelsea don't play theirs as wingers and nor do Arsenal?

its more to do with needing quality wide players as opposed to touchline wingers of the olden days - players like ronaldo,joe cole etc who patrol wide areas but also cut in to create - something we lack definatly on the left.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
banana wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:

Are you havin a laugh?

Second best? COme on man

Toure
Gallas
Skrtl
Agger
Carra
Ferdinand
Vidic
Brown
Carvalho
Terry
Alex
Richards
King

Second best?

:no . just shows your footballing knowledge , lampard i agree but never on terry . Earns every cent of his pay , injured a day after surgery he was in training , the 2 seasons where chelsea won the league he was immense . Last season he was injured , so it was ok if he was avergae

he isnt poor by any stretch of the imagination - just dont think he is as good as others around - lack of pace doesnt help as well as clumsy in tackle a lot of the times but cant fault his bravery and courage .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:56 pm

stmichael wrote:

It's true, wingers in the truest sense are not used in the game today BUT when fans refer to wingers they are really talking about players who can run with the ball, dribble, beat players and pull defences out of shape. We don't really have one. We've got Babel and Pennant (soon to be just Babel) and he he/they haven't convinced as yet. Arsenal don't necessarily need them because their passing game and movement is so slick. However, just about EVERY player in their team is quite capable of beating the first man before passing the ball on.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stmichael wrote:

It's true, wingers in the truest sense are not used in the game today BUT when fans refer to wingers they are really talking about players who can run with the ball, dribble, beat players and pull defences out of shape. We don't really have one. We've got Babel and Pennant (soon to be just Babel) and he he/they haven't convinced as yet. Arsenal don't necessarily need them because their passing game and movement is so slick. However, just about EVERY player in their team is quite capable of beating the first man before passing the ball on.

well said - spot on with that mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Toffeehater wrote:just shows your footballing knowledge

Yeah you're right it does. Thanks. :)
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 pm

sorry, been too long since i saw your post for dne whatever

yeah, i think woodgate is accident and mistake a prone. Hes at boro, a worse than mid table club for a reason. hes not good enough for the big boys... unless of course you know mroe than alex, rafa and arsene? Apparently we had a chance for him when he was at newcastle and again after madrid but we said no thank you. hes lost his apce, and his desire if you ask me. chatting rubbish am i? well thats your onion!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion