We still need a freaking winger.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:42 pm

I really hope Hiereles and Cole, Gerrard, Torres, Jovanovic and Poulsen start to show some life in the next few weeks because otherwise I can see a relegation battle this season and quite honestly unless Hodgson does start to get his message across he won't be the manager of Liverpool beyond the end of 2010.
shabelle50

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm

shabelle50 wrote:I can see a relegation battle this season

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool KAIGELS » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:07 pm

shabelle50 wrote:I really hope Hiereles and Cole, Gerrard, Torres, Jovanovic and Poulsen start to show some life in the next few weeks because otherwise I can see a relegation battle this season and quite honestly unless Hodgson does start to get his message across he won't be the manager of Liverpool beyond the end of 2010.

Ermm relegation mate ? Thats abit too far .
Liverpool KAIGELS

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:14 pm

Now we aren't going to challenge for the title or anything like that and we aren't playing that great but relegation ?! Come on that's a bit too far . We are going to have to play out off our skins to get into 4th place but we can do it .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:18 pm

shabelle50 wrote:I can see a relegation battle this season and quite honestly unless Hodgson does start to get his message across he won't be the manager of Liverpool beyond the end of 2010.

Youve had it now the stalkers will be deffo on your case  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 pm

yeah we def could do with a decent winger but our main priority should be a striker.we need a quality back up to torres or else we will end up suffering again this year.
relegation is a bit much innit??? seriously doubt we will be in the bottom half of the table come may but maybe we could miss the top 4 if we get a 9 point deduction because of administration.
unlike relegation this scenario seems more likely.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:10 am

LittleHobo wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I would like to see Babel on the right wing instead of Kuyt to be honest. He might not be as tidy but at least he has a bit of pace and conviction about him.

yeah id play babel ahead of kuyt too

especially at home where teams defend deep, we need pace.

I disagree.  I think Babel is the most inconsistent player that we actually play besides Ngog.  The thing about Kuyt is that he is always a pain to defend.  Nobody likes to defend a player like that, but Babel just looks like he's lost when he plays.  When he scored the one goal for us against Trab, it was a decent goal, well-played by Cole.  However, right before he scored, I was screaming at him because he had 6 passes in a row that went to the other team, and his triple hand ball thing.  I didn't know it was possible to hit the ball that many times with your arms and hands before it touched anything else on accident.

I'm not saying we don't need another winger, we do, but there's no way I'd ever put Babel over Kuyt or Jova.  Jova works hard and has very very quick feet.  I think if we give him another month or so just adjust to the prem, he could be a really great player for us.

If we were to look at signing another winger though, I would hope city would let go of SWP, or I'd want Arda Turan.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedSi35 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:38 am

:O  at SWP. The guy is in exactly the Sam mould as babel just with a little bit more control. I've seen him many times just run head down with the ball at defenders and not actually get anywhere. He is a one trick pony.

Depending on what formation Roy has in his mind, could we possibly see gerrard on the right wing in a 4-4-2?

Reina

Johnson
Agger
Carra
Konchesky

Gerrad
Poulsen
Meireles
Cole

Torres
Jovanovic

It's a positive team

Gerrad could be the right sided player in a 4-1-3-2
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:49 am

RedSi35 wrote: :O  at SWP. The guy is in exactly the Sam mould as babel just with a little bit more control. I've seen him many times just run head down with the ball at defenders and not actually get anywhere. He is a one trick pony.

Depending on what formation Roy has in his mind, could we possibly see gerrard on the right wing in a 4-4-2?

Reina

Johnson
Agger
Carra
Konchesky

Gerrad
Poulsen
Meireles
Cole

Torres
Jovanovic

It's a positive team

Gerrad could be the right sided player in a 4-1-3-2

Yep that's the ideal team with the players we have - good selection  :)

I might do one change in Defence ,placing the Greek instead of Carra. I haven't seen Jovanovic play last season but as he scored ~30? i guess a striker is more of his natural place then a winger.
only me
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion