We need our own abramovich! - We need cash to compete now!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:54 am

andy_g wrote:you need too ask yourself why you watch football and why you support a club.

Three parts in a club, all of equal importance all showing an interdependancy, all giving respect to each other.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:58 am

Chelsea 4 Liverpool 1

Does that say anything to you. We are not a team that loses 4-1 but they have such deep squad they can score 4 5 goals every game. Son this games about winning trophies. Do you want to win trophies or moan when we lose on this forum for the rest of your life?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:00 pm

bavlondon wrote:Chelsea 4 Liverpool 1

Does that say anything to you.

yes it means chelsea beat us.

betis 1 - chelsea 0. does that mean anything to you?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:04 pm

I agree  Andy,Chelsea are not as dominent as they think they are.Everton take 2 points from them,Charlton beat them in the league cup and they lose away in Europe,which infact was their 5th defeat in 6 away games in the CL..........To me it proves we can all have some hope.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:06 pm

drummerphil wrote:I agree  Andy,Chelsea are not as dominent as they think they are.Everton take 2 points from them,Charlton beat them in the league cup and they lose away in Europe,which infact was their 5th defeat in 6 away games in the CL..........To me it proves we can all have some hope.

How does the old saying go.... Pride comes before the fall.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Also, look at Hearts - you never know Chelsea could implode!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:46 pm

drummerphil wrote:I agree  Andy,Chelsea are not as dominent as they think they are.

I agree. In the short term they may be but I don't think their dominance will have any longevity. They won't win everything. They won't 'dominate' football for the next 10 years. Such talk is madness and pays no heed to the nature of the football universe.

It's inevitable some players will get bored and lose form. There'll be bad buys. There'll be injuries to key players and others will lose motivation. Things will change. Chelsea are not immune from these variables. They may do well but they will not sweep all before them.

And the very fact that the media and some at the club have already painted them as a behemoth of success will mean that as soon as there's the slightest dip in form which has happened recently, they'll be slaughtered mercilessly and with glee. The criticism will be intense and instant. That old, exhausted word 'crisis' will be dragged out again as soon as they lose a couple of games. No amount of money or talent can insulate players from that and how it will play in their minds.

And then there's the money. Are you as tired of people going on about the money as me? Let's put it to bed once and for all. The money they have at their disposal is, up to a point, irrelevant. Not everyone wants to or will want to play for Chelsea. Ronaldinho, Schevchenko, Eto'o have turned them down in the past and players will continue to. Some will want to play in front of bigger crowds, in better weather, in a different colour, for a different manager, with different team-mates. Not everyone wants to play in London. Not everyone wants to be 'just another big name'. Some players want to play every week, not rotate with three other big name players. Not everyone who is bought will be a success. For every Essien there may be a Veron.

Rant over.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:23 pm

wrong topic :p
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion