We have signed alvaro arbeloa - Subject to a medical

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Forza_Depor » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:24 am

Hello everyone,

I'm a Depor fan and I'd just like to really congratulate you for signing Álvaro. He's our best player thus far this season, and we'll really miss him a lot.

The fans loved him, because he just played his :censored: off the whole year, and he actually seemed to have been a Depor Fan for all his life.

In fact, most of us think we sold him for too little money, so we're pretty agrievated right now.

I'd just like the Kop to welcome him in our name, since he'll be really missed over here.

¡Forza Dépor!

P.S. He's made an official press release in his website: www.arbeloa.com and I think you can read it in English, too.
Forza_Depor

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:33 am

He looks a bit young to me  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:54 am

The Depor fans  know him best and they think he`s the dogs, the way they have described him he sounds like Agger so im quite optermistic.
The thing is some people see how much he has cost and think he must be rank just cus he didnt cost 14 mill....... like er...

Have a little faith.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:24 am

Good luck to the lad. I hope he makes the doubters look foolish. :;):

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:34 am

Ok apparently Rafa has told Arbeloa that the main goal is to have a proper cover for Finnan. It makes sense. As a Centre Back I wouldn't see many options for him to play. I've seen Deportivo this year against my team, and I would have noticed if they had a CB as good as Agger or Carra.

But for what it seems, he's more than decent in the RB, so he'll be handy.

As for the Josemi Mark II fúckwittery, I think we just must see at the signings Rafa is doing, Agger, Alonso, Luis Garcia, Kuyt, Crouch, Aurelio, 8 out of 10 players are useful for the team, so I think Rafa deserves some credit. Of course if you think that the mentioned players are not good enough for this team, you can always become a fan of artistic skating, because you won't ever grasp what footie is about.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:15 am

Some very strange posts here. Two Depor fans come on and say he's their best player and we're lucky to have him, Sabre says he's a good player, but what the feck do they know eh? As he plays in the same position as Josemi and he's also Spanish, then he also must be garbage. Using this same ingenious technique of appraising players, either Thierry Henri is absolutely devoid of any semblance of football brain whatsoever or Djibril Cisse is quite possibly one of the best players in the World today.

:D

To the Depor lads, thanks for taking the trouble to add your insight anyhow.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:51 am

The forums that the Depor fans provided are clear enough about the departure of Arbeloa. They're all gutted. Even the "I hate every player" posters that there are in all forums, are not happy.

They are also gutted that half the money is going to Real Madrid due to formation rights.

I don't think we should expect a Fabio Aurelio, a starting eleven player, but a decent squad player. The player himself is surprised of the amount of games he's been given in Deportivo, which means that he won't complain too much if he has to wait in the bench.

There was a comment of Woof in the previous page about youth system players not making to the first teams. Well, I say that's true, but it happens mostly in big club's youth systems. Arbeloa would never make it to the first team, because they have the policy of buying the latest Cannavaro. But I'd say that Real Madrid youth system is doing a good job as of late, as they have placed some of their products in some Spanish teams, Soldado in Osasuna, De la Red, Arbeloa are examples of not excellent, but decent primera players.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:07 pm

and lets not forget at that price he is worth a gamble!! if we can get money for djimi bambi on ice we can get cash for any one.
give the lad a chance to settle but lets hope rafa fires up the academy to start producing local lads that can provide cover or local scout to pull there fingers out abit more as an area that has popped out carra, owen ,gerrard, rooney nolan  suddenly dried up ? i don't think so
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby dward » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:40 pm

dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:56 am

I truly hopes he makes it. But I also hope he is given the right chances to do so. I remember we had similar hopes for Barragan also, but tat went nowhere.
alxy

Postby alxy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 am

By the way, since we have some Primera followers following this thread, how about Francis Duran? How is he rated?
alxy

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 am

As I've said in other thread, he has played a few games in segunda, so he'll go straight to the reserves. He has his body yet to be developed, he has decent touch of the ball, and he's a complete midfielder. But he's still growing. 100K for him is a good price. Malaga needed the money and it's a good buy.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:16 am

I don't think we will see him much because we are out of the Carling and FA cup already. So, every league game now is crucial and Rafa not going to take a chance of starting reserve player. As long as Finnan is ok, Aebolea will only be a backup on the bench.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:34 pm

Anyway, I do hope Rafa uses his discretion when playing them. Yes, there is a need to blood them into the team, but not at the cost of our effectiveness. I feel the poor form we had at the beginning of the season was when Rafa was trying to blend in the new signings. Now that we seem to have a solid team/squad, let's not disrupt that with too many new introductions.

Having said that, I wouldn't begrudge Rafa to introduce Mascherano or Arbeloa when we're leading 4-0 to Eversh.ite... :D
alxy

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:46 pm

I don't see Arbeloa threatening Finnan's position in the team to be honest. Rafa cannot be but happy with Finnan's work. It's just that if he gets injured, and that can happen, we have limited options:

a) Playing Carra in the RB
b) Changing the natural wing of Fabio Aurelio or Riise.

I think it's just another back up, and in that sense it was right to do so. I saw Kronkamp's coming to the team just the same way, and we didn't replace him when he left.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion