We have signed alvaro arbeloa - Subject to a medical

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Elchris » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Is there any  spanish defenders that has been sucessful in the EPL...???
Elchris

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm

Elchris wrote:Is there any  spanish defenders that has been sucessful in the EPL...???

Apart from Josemi & Del Horno, I can't think of any others that have played in the prem.

So I think the answer is no.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Elchris wrote:Is there any  spanish defenders that has been sucessful in the EPL...???

hierro? he did quite well at bolton didn't he?

albert ferrer was at chelsea for a while too, although he didn't exactly set the world alight if i remember rightly.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby EddieC » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 pm

stmichael wrote:

hierro? he did quite well at bolton didn't he?

Didn't he play holding midfield?
Last edited by EddieC on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:46 pm

spanish players alwiz had a difficult time adapting to the EPL.... i wish him the best of luck
Elchris

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:49 pm

I'm just glad to see some cover coming in for Finnan. Carra can do the job if asked but he's needed in the middle. We've been lucky Finnan has stayed injury clear and is able to play 2 games most weeks. At least he can grab an occasional rest.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:05 pm

This guy has "stop gap" branded on his :censored:.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Kopjon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:09 pm

JBG wrote:This guy has "stop gap" branded on his :censored:.

'Stop Gap' and then onto saville in part exchange for someone over there maybe?!? :;):
Kopjon

Postby DeporFan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:15 pm

If you wanna know what the depor supporter's think about Arbeloa:

Depor" target="_blank">http://riazor.org/foro....RL=http Page</a> (in Spanish)

By the way, you adquire the best future spanish defender. He will play soon... You can be sure...
DeporFan

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:59 pm

DeporFan wrote:If you wanna know what the depor supporter's think about Arbeloa:

<a href="http://riazor.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=6364&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=930Depor" target="_blank">http://riazor.org/foro.......RL=http Page</a> (in Spanish)

By the way, you adquire the best future spanish defender. He will play soon... You can be sure...

Hi DeporFan..Can you tell us about him ? Most on here can just about read English...We cant be xpected to read Spanish! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Kukilon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:14 pm

I haven't heard of him before and I watch quite a lot of spanish footie. Doesn't sound to good to be honest but in Rafa I trust. The positive side is that if it doesn't work out he will be shipped out very quickly.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby DeporFan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:37 pm

really fast player, he heads really well. He was the most promising player on Deportivo.
He's skilful playing the ball. He's the only player who has played all matches this season.
He has been observed and followed by the coach of the Spanish National Team.
Last edited by DeporFan on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeporFan

Postby spion » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Thing is this player's not Rafas first choice there were a couple before him we know of so how certain is the manager that this is the player? Xabi was a first choice as was Agger & Momo but this fella's far from that so how good will he be? We paid about the same for Josemi & look what happened. We swapped him for a bloke who pretends to be a footballer!
spion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 pm

spion wrote:Thing is this player's not Rafas first choice there were a couple before him we know of so how certain is the manager that this is the player? Xabi was a first choice as was Agger & Momo but this fella's far from that so how good will he be? We paid about the same for Josemi & look what happened. We swapped him for a bloke who pretends to be a footballer!

Point taken yes!! But the lad deserves his chance..or does he not?

How about a bit of optomism or a hint of positivity?

He may prove to be a failure,may become a great addition to the squad,may for all we know become a regular in the first 11...We are just gonna have to wait and see!

Good luck to him....I was reading his comments earlier and he's delighted to be coming to LFC and has huge respect for us!
66-1120597113

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:00 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
spion wrote:Thing is this player's not Rafas first choice there were a couple before him we know of so how certain is the manager that this is the player? Xabi was a first choice as was Agger & Momo but this fella's far from that so how good will he be? We paid about the same for Josemi & look what happened. We swapped him for a bloke who pretends to be a footballer!

Point taken yes!! But the lad deserves his chance..or does he not?

How about a bit of optomism or a hint of positivity?

He may prove to be a failure,may become a great addition to the squad,may for all we know become a regular in the first 11...We are just gonna have to wait and see!

Good luck to him....I was reading his comments earlier and he's delighted to be coming to LFC and has huge respect for us!

Agreed, Bazza.  An awful lot of people talking :censored: about a player that we know little about.  Give the lad a chance to prove himself, FFS, and f.uck this 'Josemi Mark II' rubbish off. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion