We are still in three competitions - Houllier plays his "trump card"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:37 pm

According to Mr Houllier, we are still in three competitions so he doesn't know why people are panicking. On face value he is correct, but most fans can see straight through it

Premiership - yes Kermit, we are still in it as we are every season for 38 games! We are effectively out of contention to win it and, if you disregard results against the top three teams, have lost four games in "Premiership division two"

FA Cup - yes we are still in it, despite being very ordinary against third division opposition. Considering the 3rd round only took place in January and we could be out by February, saying we are still in it is lame

UEFA Cup - unless I missed something we have only played two rounds, so getting through is hardly an acheivement

Carling Cup - we got knocked out of the only cup competition to be anywhere near completion and that at home to Bolton

So to recap - we are in three competitions, one of which has had one round, another has had two rounds and the third (the Premiership), we are struggling to finish fourth in and have lost 7 games already.

I feel so much better about things when you put it that way!  :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:40 pm

Next he will be saying that we haven't been knocked out of next season's Carling Cup yet!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:44 pm

When we won those three cups, they should have been a platform to challange for the Premership and the Champions League.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:46 pm

Don't forget guys, we're still in nest summer's pre-season tournament in Norway (lol!).
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:51 pm

What eva happened to the Carlsberg cup?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:41 pm

What makes it worse with Houllier is that whenever he can he brings up the 5 TROPHIES in a year bollox. Two of those were the Charity Shield and The Super Cup !
I always believed that Kenny had an anti climatic second season in charge after winning the double in 85 / 86. We only came 2nd in the League and lost a cup final but apparently I was wrong ! We won the Screen Sports Super Cup !
THEBARON

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion