We are going to win the league - Next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:02 pm

am I completely off my noddy? :D

Seriously, with the way we are playing since Kenny became in charge and the players we have at our disposal we are doing a fantastic job.

Now imagine with a bit of quality in some areas of our team. 3 or 4 top quality players in the summer and we will be on our way to winning the league next season or getting very close to it :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:16 pm

metalhead wrote:am I completely off my noddy? :D

Seriously, with the way we are playing since Kenny became in charge and the players we have at our disposal we are doing a fantastic job.

Now imagine with a bit of quality in some areas of our team. 3 or 4 top quality players in the summer and we will be on our way to winning the league next season or getting very close to it :nod

:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm with you MH and I don't give a feck who makes fun of me for it.  When our squad is fully fit, plus some reinforcements, I fully expect us to win league next season.  Our home form is almost good enough already, so we just need to tighten up away from home.  With a deeper squad, some of our players more fit and new hope, we've got it next season
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

I've been off the ale for 2 months now... :p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:24 pm

3 weak goals against a poor Birmingham at home.. 2 other good goals.. not counting chickens yet but its a nice feeling to be winning
Last edited by dawson99 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:3 weak goals against a poor Birmingham at home.. 3 other good goals.. not counting chickens yet but its a nice feeling to be winning

It's not only Birmingham mate, I'm talking about Kenny transforming the side since he was in charge, we conceded far less goals and we started to play better as a team.

Kenny has a very thin and average squad, the way he improved this lot is excellent, now imagine what he could do if he had quality in his side.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:33 pm

metalhead wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

I've been off the ale for 2 months now... :p

:laugh:
Figures
Thommo's perm

Postby BKrimmel » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:39 pm

I am down for this belief in next year. Very excited.
The View of Liverpool from an American Supporter
BKrimmel

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 pm

2/3 decent players and we should be able to break back into the top 4
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Our form since Kenny has taken over has been excellent all things considered, if you take that form and put it into points we would be sitting 3rd in the table as it stands now!

KD 14 games 27 points (1.93 points per game) =3rd in the league
V's
RH 20 games 25 points (1.25 points per game) =8th in the league.

Put some further talent into the team and yes i think we will be mixing it as one of the contenders next year.
We need to have a strong finish to this year to build the momentum and confidence, hopefully sneak into Europa League to attract players with a european prospect, or at least not put them off!

I'm daring to believe!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:00 pm

On the 29th of July 2005 @ 17:25 I posted this on here, we had just won the CL.

Every season I go in with hope :D :D

We are only a couple of weeks away now from the start of the richest and arguably the best league in the world and surely as European champions we have to go into it with a chance of winning it.

When I look at the other teams challinging for the league and then look at our team I belive we can do it this year, yes Chelski have there millions (sorry trillions) and Manure will be there or there abouts but Arsenal have lost Viera and have yet to replace him.

We have one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and again arguably the best centre back in the world certainly the best in England in Mr Carragher. In midfield we have two players who Real Madrid both wanted to sign, Gerrard and Alonso who any team would dream to have. Up front if Cisse and Morientes click this season we could be talking about 20 league goals each.

There is also plenty of goals in Garcia who will settle in even more this season and i think will have as big an impact on the Premiership as Pires did. You can guarintee goals from Risse and Zenden who will also float ball after ball in for big Peter Crouch.

Add to all this the youth in the team like Pongolle, Le Tallec, Warnock, Potter, Mellor, Gonzallez and Sisokko and there is no reason we cant challenge.

We have the best manager in Europe and the best fans in the world. Look around at the other favorites in the Premiership the look back at our team, WE HAVE A CHANCE, the deadwood in the team has been got rid off and replaced with quality.

Come on the pool this could be our year!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:05 pm

You were just immature at the time DD, this time it's true :)
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:09 pm

I hope your right ethan :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:29 pm

next year is our year without a doubt.
i tell myself that every year and sooner or later i know im going to be right!!
it has to happen sooner or later:D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:22 pm

:nod
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion