WBA VS LIVERPOOL - All the build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:28 pm

is there any live streaming of any kind for this match?
Alonso_Rulz

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Alonso_Rulz wrote:is there any live streaming of any kind for this match?

Dont think so there not showing this on .tv are they

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:16 pm

3 points a thank you!!!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Nother 3 points, job done. Now all we have to do is keep winning an wait for the mancs to slip up
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:19 pm

Funny game today. Pleased to see us cope without Gerrard so well. Cisse looked good. Kewell didn't look himself. Carra and Hyypia were solid, as per usual.

Good performance
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Graeme Noble » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:31 pm

Another textbook game. I am just hoping we can keep up this form for when we play Chelsea.

We are playing a lot better than them at the moment.
Graeme Noble

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 pm

sad in malaysia, espn doesnt have this game today :angry: god scored, yay
onizukaeikichi

Postby ICE-MAN » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:22 pm

Good professional performance without killing ourselves! Getting to use the three subs as well and no inuries, a job well done and good to have another week off until our next game, it was also good to give gerrard a rest today (even tho he was suspended), he will come back with all guns blazing next week!

without being spectacular, alonso, cisse and the two centre backs deserve special mention! i reckon alonso shades it for man of the match in my opinion!

it was a scrappy game, so was hard for the likes of fowler n kewell, even garcia when he came on, to do anything brilliant, glad robbie scored n rafa gave his strongest indication yet that he will be kept on in his post match interview:

"I would like to congratulate Robbie. I hope to see even more goals from him this season and maybe in the future.

"We haven't made a decision on his future yet. There is no hurry. We will make it in the next few weeks. It won't be about if he scores one or two more goals this year, it will be about what we feel he can give to the team in the future." :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:25 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Funny game today. Pleased to see us cope without Gerrard so well. Cisse looked good. Kewell didn't look himself. Carra and Hyypia were solid, as per usual.

Good performance

Possibly the most comfortable game we've had this season . Cisse's performance was very encouraging , seemed to finally gell more effectively with the rest of the team . His pass to Robbie was a watershed , previously he would have hammered it at goal . Maybe he's learning .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ToTinho » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:27 pm

good first half and an very average 2nd half but reults are the important thing after playing 64 games already this season.
We are progressing this season and i'm really waiting the FA cup semi-final .

p.s : Xabi is proving in the last few weeks that he is a really world class midfielder. Thanx Rafa for bringing him

YNWA
ToTinho

Postby Kukilon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Great effort by the team and I'm glad that Cisse played like a team player today. He played his role well and was man of match today.... yeah I'm being easy on the kid but if someone needs to be given som kudos it's a player low on self esteem.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:48 pm

A solid professional performance tonight,in the second half we seemed to be in second gear,still its the three points that matters,and after big fat head Bruce another ex-Manc gets put to the sword! :D

Brilliant pass by Xabi for the second goal,he and Momo again were excellent,so much for us being a one man team? ???

Great to see Momo back after two career threatening situations ,his eye injury.................and almost signing for the Bitters!!! :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:31 pm

Agreed.  A very professional win in what could have been a bit of a banana-peel fixture...especially since West Brom should have been well up for it after the earlier Birmingham and Portsmouth results.

Just a word on Cisse...

I'll preface my remarks by saying that I thought that this was one of his best games in a Red shirt and that I think he has something important to contribute to the side...

But, I think today's game illustrated nicely both what he's very good at and what he's rather poor at...

He's very good at playing on the break--getting in behind defenders and using his pace to drag them out of position, creating chances for himself and others (full credit for getting his head up for once and picking out Robbie rather than having a crack!). 

He did this a few times in the first half and we all saw the results: an assist and a goal (to be fair, he took a nice first touch to get away from the defender and force the keeper's hand.)

(FWIW, I also thought he whipped in a fantastic cross for Crouchy--well placed and with a great shape on it.)

Were we primarily a counter-attacking team, I think Cisse would be a vital player week in, week out.

The trouble (for him) is that we're not primarily a counter-attacking team under Rafa, which leads to my point about his weaknesses...

We saw this more in the second half: he doesn't seem to make good decisions when the other team has players back behind the ball and he's in traffic.

More often than not, he goes for glory rather than trying to find a better-positioned team mate, as with his blasted near-post attempt and his left-footed shot from outside the box following the deflection.  It's as if he either can't see his teammates in traffic or he can't anticipate their runs and so decides to take it on himself.

And, if in doubt, he always goes for power. The shot he took after latching onto Carra's through ball (a beauty!), for instance, was well struck but right at the keeper when it seemed like a chip or a low-curler might have been on. (What would Garcia have done in that situation, in comparison?)

My point is that his blend of pace and power serves him well on the break, when he usually has one man to beat before bearing down on the keeper.  In traffic, however, he doesn't seem to see other possibilities (passes or shot selection).

Not particularly new insights, I grant you :D --but Cisse's strengths and weaknesses BOTH seemed very much in evidence during the game today (rather than just the latter).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stoney » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:Agreed.  A very professional win in what could have been a bit of a banana-peel fixture...especially since West Brom should have been well up for it after the earlier Birmingham and Portsmouth results.

Just a word on Cisse...

I'll preface my remarks by saying that I thought that this was one of his best games in a Red shirt and that I think he has something important to contribute to the side...

But, I think today's game illustrated nicely both what he's very good at and what he's rather poor at...

He's very good at playing on the break--getting in behind defenders and using his pace to drag them out of position, creating chances for himself and others (full credit for getting his head up for once and picking out Robbie rather than having a crack!). 

He did this a few times in the first half and we all saw the results: an assist and a goal (to be fair, he took a nice first touch to get away from the defender and force the keeper's hand.)

(FWIW, I also thought he whipped in a fantastic cross for Crouchy--well placed and with a great shape on it.)

Were we primarily a counter-attacking team, I think Cisse would be a vital player week in, week out.

The trouble (for him) is that we're not primarily a counter-attacking team under Rafa, which leads to my point about his weaknesses...

We saw this more in the second half: he doesn't seem to make good decisions when the other team has players back behind the ball and he's in traffic.

More often than not, he goes for glory rather than trying to find a better-positioned team mate, as with his blasted near-post attempt and his left-footed shot from outside the box following the deflection.  It's as if he either can't see his teammates in traffic or he can't anticipate their runs and so decides to take it on himself.

And, if in doubt, he always goes for power. The shot he took after latching onto Carra's through ball (a beauty!), for instance, was well struck but right at the keeper when it seemed like a chip or a low-curler might have been on. (What would Garcia have done in that situation, in comparison?)

My point is that his blend of pace and power serves him well on the break, when he usually has one man to beat before bearing down on the keeper.  In traffic, however, he doesn't seem to see other possibilities (passes or shot selection).

Not particularly new insights, I grant you :D --but Cisse's strengths and weaknesses BOTH seemed very much in evidence during the game today (rather than just the latter).

Good post.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:22 am

azriahmad wrote:RichardLFC1, I'm from Malaysia, mate. We get plenty of live games on 2 of 3 sports channels but strangely, tonite/this morning (my time now is 1:24am), they are showing delayed telecast of 2 earlier games on both channels instead of this one...

Enjoy, as I surely can't get a live telecast and my connection at home now is too slow for a live streaming.

focking espn & star sports......why do they show a delayed arsenal vs fulham match ???  :no
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion