WATFORD VS LIVERPOOL - Where do we go from here?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:08 pm

El Gordo wrote:The defense looked shocking against the gooners but they were shitting it because Dudek was in goal !!!!!!! Confidence was restored yesterday !!! Reina is sheer class, I wudnt swap him for Villa, No  way!!!!!! Good goalies are hard to fine!! Villa is a dime a dozen . LETS GO FOR the young dutch forward , Huntelaar !

Huntelaar is overrated according to many Ajax fans. He's just the next flavor of the month.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:09 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:Solid performance. We were against a poor side if we're honest. But we played professionally and thats the biggest win at vicarage road this season. Next week game against Chelsea is massive! I really hope we can win that one!

No comment on Crouchy's excellent performance Graeme? :p
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Sabre wrote:Our line up seemed designed to stop their direct football, with Agger , Hyypia and Carraguer on it. Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch also on the pitch... Interesting

Spot on there Sabes. Three centre-halves dealt with their long-ball game with few problems and playing three busy strikers (they all word hard defensively) meant the Watford back four had little time on the ball to pick out their front-men.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:06 pm

The formation seemed to get the best from both wing backs aswell. Both got forward quite well and both were involved in two of the goals. I also liked the way kuyt came deep and crouch and bellamy made runs off of him, hes was forming a kind of triangle with alonso an stevie. The watford defence didnt have an igloo an we had men spare on a few occasions, most notably when stevie spooned his shot.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:44 pm

davo_LFC wrote:The formation seemed to get the best from both wing backs aswell. Both got forward quite well and both were involved in two of the goals. I also liked the way kuyt came deep and crouch and bellamy made runs off of him, hes was forming a kind of triangle with alonso an stevie. The watford defence didnt have an igloo an we had men spare on a few occasions, most notably when stevie spooned his shot.

I was surprised to see Crouch, Kuyt and Bellamy all in the same team but the formation certainly worked ok for this game. I wouldn't expect to see it all that often but it's certainly an option when the situation suits. Although next time out i would prefer to see Sissoko (when he's fit) playing alongside Alonso with Gerrard playing behind the front two at the expense of either Crouch or Kuyt. Kuyt did a decent job yesterday and showed he could play in that role with some success. He rarely gives the ball away, get's turned and faces on quickly (which is very important playing just behind the front 2), can run with the ball and rarely gives the ball away. He probably lacks the guile to play there against the better teams in the league but it wouldn't surprise me if Rafa asks him to play a similar role again this season.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:54 am

There are two school of thought when it comes to formation. Some people say that a great team must have their style and should not vary it under any circunstamces. The other school of thought changes the formation to suit the oposition they have on front.

What makes one school of thought right or wrong is the score of course. Should we haven't win then some would have said that it's a travestry to play with 3 CB against Watford and that we didn't attack enough. But we won 0-3 and everyhting are praises :)

I'm of the second school of thought, but that doesn't imply we should play deep or frightened against bigger teams, I just think it's a good idea to analyse the oppo and suit the formation to make them as much as harm as possible.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:35 am

A.B. wrote:
El Gordo wrote:The defense looked shocking against the gooners but they were shitting it because Dudek was in goal !!!!!!! Confidence was restored yesterday !!! Reina is sheer class, I wudnt swap him for Villa, No  way!!!!!! Good goalies are hard to fine!! Villa is a dime a dozen . LETS GO FOR the young dutch forward , Huntelaar !

Huntelaar is overrated according to many Ajax fans. He's just the next flavor of the month.

I dont think so.  His better than Kuyt.  At Hereevenan Huntelaar was awesome.
puroresu

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion