Was cisse better than bellamy? - He scored some vital goals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:37 pm

Cisse had his weaknesses but he was a big personality and scored important goals. Is Bellamy better? Cisse scored 2 goals in the Super Cup final, hit a great volley in the FA Cup final and scored his penalty under pressure in the CL final. Furthermore, he got 19 goals in all last year. I am sure Bellamy won't do so well. Isn't getting rid of Cisse and bringing in Bellamy mere tinkering?
Last edited by alessandromagno on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:54 pm

I was a believer in Cisse. He did well but not well enough.

I am a believer in Craig. He is doing well, but not well enough.

similar players, different attitudes. Time will tell if losing Cisse was a bad idea, the lad has potential but i think he's better suited for the foreign leagues.

Have faith in Craig, he scores goals whoever he plays for.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:01 pm

As you say, time will tell. But I feel that Rafa could have got more out of Cisse if he'd been a better man manager. If Bellamy does well--great. But Cisse had an overwhelming physical presence that definitely put defences off. Furthermore, I wouldn't say he didn't do well enough in the short time he was with us. I would say he did pretty well and often nabbed important goals. It might also be worth remembering that the French side had faith in him--and they reached the WC Final.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:24 pm

Hopefully the goals will come with Bellamy, but comparing them is a little harsh IMO. For all his shortcomings thsu far, at least Bellamy works his socks off, he always chases lost causes and put ins 100%. Cisse on the other hand didn't track back or have anything resembling a work rate. 

Bellamy is superior in every area of the game, except pace (although tbh he isn't far behind) and unfortuantley at this moment in time confidence, which = less goals.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:28 pm

"Hopefully the goals will come with Bellamy, but comparing them is a little harsh IMO. For all his shortcomings thsu far, at least Bellamy works his socks off, he always chases lost causes and put ins 100%. Cisse on the other hand didn't track back or have anything resembling a work rate"

LFC #1

Brazilians are like that too--and they don't do so badly!
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:36 pm

you can't possibly compare Cisse to Adriano, Ronaldo, Robinho etc.

He's an average footballer with pace, no more.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:51 pm

I'm just saying that you have to cut certain players some slack if you want to get the best out of them.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:52 pm

is cheese better than jam?

2 completely different options. bellmy needs time to bed in. he'll come good, hes got the desire, and hes half way there
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:01 pm

What I dont understand is Gerrard played right wing all last season and scored 23 goals there. Cisse also played right wing all last season and scored 19 goals there. Wtf is Pennant playing at not scoring  :D

As I said when we bought Bellamy, he is not a player to score 20 goals a season like Cisse, he is more like Baros hard working and using the chanels more. Hopefully he will start scoring and creating more soon, but we may have to wait till the team hits form before that happens.
account deleted by request

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:03 pm

benitez doesnt like the french,he is only really interested in bringing spanish players in cos he knows more abbout them than any other country

he got rid of le tallec, pongolle, and cisse

pongolle wasnt giving  chance and when he did he impressed,so obviously benitez just wasnt interested,letallec wasnt give a chance at all etierh,very unfair,did get a food look at him atall
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:06 pm

one thing cisse offered us away from home last season was that killer through ball cause he played on the shoulder of the last defender all the time (bellamy drifts more)

problem is he missed every one on one chance he had haha

and at times when played attacking midfield right he gave us a good width and pace on the counter attack
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:10 pm

alessandromagno wrote:As you say, time will tell. But I feel that Rafa could have got more out of Cisse if he'd been a better man manager. If Bellamy does well--great. But Cisse had an overwhelming physical presence that definitely put defences off. Furthermore, I wouldn't say he didn't do well enough in the short time he was with us. I would say he did pretty well and often nabbed important goals. It might also be worth remembering that the French side had faith in him--and they reached the WC Final.

do you think its the end for cisse at liverpool?

or maybe if bellamy ends up a flop (come the end of the season) and cisse scores goals on loan

will he get another chance?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:32 pm

Cisse isnt coming back. L'om would of been very stupid to take an injured player on loan wit no pre-agreement to sign him afterwards.  Otherwise they would just ben getting an injured player back into fitness and putting him in the shop window for other possible buyers which wouldnt make sense at all.

As for Pongelle, agreed Rafa just never gave the lad a chance.  He should of been kept and given more playing time.  His got tons of ability just never got the chance to to show it at LFC. 

Now for the original question.  Bellamy works harder than Cisse but to me thats all he does.  I dont think his a better striker and doesnt score as many as cisse either. It isnt like Bellamy has a prolific record at his other clubs and there is nothing to suggest he will score 15 goals this season.  If Cisse was in Bellamys shoes he woud be getting slated right now.  Cisse was accused of missing chances but Bellamy has missed plenty.  Remember the comments after Cisses miss at OT.  Bellamys miss v Spurs at Anfield was a shocker.  At Birmingham last week Bellamy missed chances and possibly hit one of the worst penalties I have ever seen.  I still dont understand why Rafa signed Bellamy.  He didnt fancy Cisse so gets Bellamy who doesnt offer any more than Cisse other than more workrate.  I still think if Bellamy didnt have a clause in his contract Rafa wouldnt of been interested.  I bet Djib wish he got as many starts up front as Bellamy.  To me Cisse even looked more threatning on the right than Bellamy has done up front.
puroresu

Postby joko » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:00 pm

cisse is better to me
1. but his price and salary is higher, so as he deserves to be more demanded and expected by stakeholders,
2. he was many times put not in his original position -that is right out wide
3. and his falling-out with rafa makes it more difficult for him to start doing the business
4. now forget cisse
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:02 pm

no
108-1163930576

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion