Was cisse better than bellamy? - He scored some vital goals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:31 pm

Well officially at least, Cisse is still a Liverpool player! I think that maybe Cisse WAS IMPORTANT IN LETTING OTHER TEAMS KNOW THEY WEREN'T PLAYING WIMPS. nOW, i THINK WE'VE GOT SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAD 2 YEARS AGAIN WITH TEAMS THINKING THEY CAN MUSCLE OUR FRONT LINE OUT OF IT.

Rafa swallow your pride and bring Cisse back!

PS Hit the wrong key, but couldn't be arsed retyping it.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:09 pm

puroresu wrote:
vlady16.1 wrote:i remember watching the highlights of cisse prior to him comming and was concerned... he looked too good!!!

it just seems he is suited to france... another flop was nando but look to champ league scoring leaders cos he's there... some players just can't play in england and both of those are... i wish cisse all the luck in france and am glad he's healing

bellamy despite his faults can and has scored consistantly in england

96-97 Norwich City  3 Games     
97-98 Norwich City  13 Goals, 36 Games   
98-99 Norwich City  17 Goals, 40 Games   
99-00 Norwich City  2 Goals, 4 Games   
00-01(juil) Norwich City  1 Games   
00-01 Coventry City  6 Goals, 34 Games 
01-02 Newcastle United  9 Goals, 27 Games 
02-03 Newcastle United  8 Goals, 29 Games 
03-04 Newcastle United  4 Goals, 16 Games 
04-05(jan) Newcastle United  7 Goals, 21 Games 
04-05 Celtic Glasgow  7 Goals, 12 Games
05-06 Blackburn Rovers  13 Goals, 27 Games   
06-07 Liverpool 1 Goals, 9 Games

Not being funny but its hardly prolific

He's not an out and out goalscorer, never has and never will be. The fact that Alan Shearer labeled him as the best striker he played alongside with says it all.

Crouch has hardly been prolific in his career but you can't say that he hasn't made a big impact on this club.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:10 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Well officially at least, Cisse is still a Liverpool player! I think that maybe Cisse WAS IMPORTANT IN LETTING OTHER TEAMS KNOW THEY WEREN'T PLAYING WIMPS. nOW, i THINK WE'VE GOT SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAD 2 YEARS AGAIN WITH TEAMS THINKING THEY CAN MUSCLE OUR FRONT LINE OUT OF IT.

Rafa swallow your pride and bring Cisse back!

PS Hit the wrong key, but couldn't be arsed retyping it.

And what would Cisse exactly change? He's got pace but so does Bellamy. That's all he has, he is easily brushed off the ball.

You know as much about football as John Motson.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:11 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Cisse was successful at Liverpool

Not true. His first touch was no better than a baby elephant.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:

Cisse had a first touch of a rapist.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Rafa D » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:42 pm

A.B. wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:

Cisse had a first touch of a rapist.

A rapist or a serial rapist?
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:47 pm

Didn't say he had a great first touch. Players are successful in different ways.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:10 pm

puroresu wrote:96-97 Norwich City  3 Games     
97-98 Norwich City  13 Goals, 36 Games   
98-99 Norwich City  17 Goals, 40 Games   
99-00 Norwich City  2 Goals, 4 Games   
00-01(juil) Norwich City  1 Games   
00-01 Coventry City  6 Goals, 34 Games 
01-02 Newcastle United  9 Goals, 27 Games 
02-03 Newcastle United  8 Goals, 29 Games 
03-04 Newcastle United  4 Goals, 16 Games 
04-05(jan) Newcastle United  7 Goals, 21 Games 
04-05 Celtic Glasgow  7 Goals, 12 Games
05-06 Blackburn Rovers  13 Goals, 27 Games   
06-07 Liverpool 1 Goals, 9 Games

Not being funny but its hardly prolific

No, it's not, but whilst Cisse is capable of scoring nineteen goals a season, he is also responsible for a lot of break down in link up with his team mates and the break down of out build up play, because he does not have the intelligence of a good footballer, he's a decent player for a French side or a Championship side, he's nowhere near good enough both on the ball and off ball, in terms of awareness and ability.

Bellamy isn't the greatest striker in the world, but he's a vast improvement on Cisse in all aspects of the game, both on and off the pitch, even you should be intelligent enough to see that Bellamy is an improvement on Cisse. Bellamy at the moment is low on confidence, he's settling in, something which you seemed to have allowed Cisse to do, but you're not allowing Craig to do? I'm not accusing you of double standards here, but it sure does look like it from where I'm sitting.

I wanted Cisse to succeed at Liverpool, I have to admit I watched him a lot for Auxerre because he was touted the next big French prospect, someone who could emulate Henry's feet in the game, but sadly he can't, he won't, he's just not good enough to play for us. Let’s face it, mate, Rafa is hardly going to take him back, especially after several "attacks" in the press.
67-1161385641

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:04 am

puroresu wrote:
crouchaldinho wrote:jus watched the cisse goals clip. can i just say WTF??? a lot of the goals there came from one-on-ones! and in most of them, he showed excellent composure, taking it around the keeper, quality owen-esque chips over the keeper and such. So can anybody try to explain to me why in virtually EVERY one-on-one he had in a liverpool shirt ended up with him blasting it as hard as he could straight at the keeper?  :angry:

I think bad bobs right, the guy in the video must have been an imposter (either that or the guy that played for us was!!!) :suspect:

Confidence

Confidence my a*se.

Now post up a compilation of all the chances he's missed.

Good luck finding a site that will allow such a big file to upload, though.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:50 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:
crouchaldinho wrote:jus watched the cisse goals clip. can i just say WTF??? a lot of the goals there came from one-on-ones! and in most of them, he showed excellent composure, taking it around the keeper, quality owen-esque chips over the keeper and such. So can anybody try to explain to me why in virtually EVERY one-on-one he had in a liverpool shirt ended up with him blasting it as hard as he could straight at the keeper?  :angry:

I think bad bobs right, the guy in the video must have been an imposter (either that or the guy that played for us was!!!) :suspect:

Confidence

Confidence my a*se.

Confidence? Confidence?

Did he just say confidence?

Then what was he lacking before his injury when he was playing week in and week out under Benitez? Because it sure as hell wasn't confidence.

Two games summed him up as a player.

1. The game v Man Utd at Old Trafford two seasons ago a month or so before his injury. We had broken Manure through the right flank and delievered a great pass to Cisse. Cisse was in a very good position to put us ahead early in the match but he scuffed his shot because he wasn't paying attention

2. The game v Man Utd at Old Trafford last season. In the second-half he missed an absolute belter of a sitter when he had an open goal to shoot at. He blazed it into row Z.

Any footballer that is playing at a high level should have a decent first touch. First touch is non-exisistant with Djibril Cisse.

He was a big fish in a small pond at Auxerre. The wingers did all the work for him and gave him the ball at a platter in a league that is about as entertaining as Andy f#cking Gray during one of our games.

There is not one single football fan in the Premiership outside the club with a decent brain that believes that Cisse was a good player.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:58 am

A.B. wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Confidence

Confidence my a*se.

Confidence? Confidence?

Then what was he lacking before his injury when he was playing week in and week out under Benitez? Because it sure as hell wasn't confidence.

1. The game v Man Utd at Old Trafford two seasons ago a month or so before his injury. We had broken Manure through the right flank and delievered a great pass to Cisse. Cisse was in a very good position to put us ahead early in the match but he scuffed his shot because he wasn't paying attention

2. The game v Man Utd at Old Trafford last season. In the second-half he missed an absolute belter of a sitter when he had an open goal to shoot at. He blazed it into row Z.

Any footballer that is playing at a high level should have a decent first touch. First touch is non-exisistant with Djibril Cisse.

He was a big fish in a small pond at Auxerre. The wingers did all the work for him and gave him the ball at a platter in a league that is about as entertaining as Andy f#cking Gray during one of our games.

There is not one single football fan in the Premiership outside the club with a decent brain that believes that Cisse was a good player.

Is right.

"Oh, but everyone misses sitters at some point..."

Yes - but most strikers have the ability to score, say, 1 goal from 5 chances at least.
Cisse's goals to shot ratio was probably 1 in 12.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:00 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Confidence

Confidence my a*se.

Confidence? Confidence?

Is right.

Yes - but most players have the ability to put it away 99 times out of 100.

People often slated Rafa for playing Cisse on the wing, but imo he did a lot more on the wing than he ever did up front.

He has pace but he doesn't know how to run with the ball properly, he has to boot it twenty yards ahead of him and run towards it. He's no footballer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:02 am

A.B. wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Confidence

Confidence my a*se.

Confidence? Confidence?

Is right.

Yes - but most players have the ability to put it away 99 times out of 100.

People often slated Rafa for playing Cisse on the wing, but imo he did a lot more on the wing than he ever did up front.

He has pace but he doesn't know how to run with the ball properly, he has to boot it twenty yards ahead of him and run towards it. He's no footballer.

Like watching Linford Christie in a red shirt.

Totally inept, lacking the very basics required by any player at the top level.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:05 am

I will give credit to him for scoring 2 or 3 important goals here at the club, but not worth 14 million quid that we forked out on him.

One of the worst players I've watched play football. For some reason believe that because he scored some cracking goals, he's a good player.

If that were the case, Riise would be one of the best players in the world. When in reality he's a one-legged Ginger ninja who is countless times responsible for slowing us down in attack because the ball isn't on his left foot.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:10 am

A.B. wrote:I will give credit to him for scoring 2 or 3 important goals here at the club, but not worth 14 million quid that we forked out on him.

One of the worst players I've watched play football. For some reason believe that because he scored some cracking goals, he's a good player.

If that were the case, Riise would be one of the best players in the world. When in reality he's a one-legged Ginger ninja who is countless times responsible for slowing us down in attack because the ball isn't on his left foot.

And don't forget he's not Scouse - Alessandro might read this, and we wouldn't want o upset the poor old dear.

:D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion