Was cisse better than bellamy? - He scored some vital goals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MASTER » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:34 pm

I reckon Cisse should be at least a bench player for us at the moment, for a number of reasons:
1) KUYT: Missing more chances per game than ANY player in World Football.
2) CROUCH: Turning into the new Michael Owen; scores 9 goals in 9 games and the 6 without a goal.
3) BELLAMY: Missing his first opening in each game he plays and his confidence is being shot to pieces for the remainder of the match.
4) FOWLER: Must have vanished in to the Bermuda Triangle as he doesn't even get on the bench.
5) GARCIA: Out of favour an injured a lot this year; he has been vital since he came.
6) GERRARD: One goal all season from our BEST Player ridiculous and on a side note we need MOMO back ASAP as gerrard was ineffective in his FAVOURED position.
MASTER

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:30 pm

MASTER wrote:I reckon Cisse should be at least a bench player for us at the moment, for a number of reasons:
1) KUYT: Missing more chances per game than ANY player in World Football.
2) CROUCH: Turning into the new Michael Owen; scores 9 goals in 9 games and the 6 without a goal.
3) BELLAMY: Missing his first opening in each game he plays and his confidence is being shot to pieces for the remainder of the match.
4) FOWLER: Must have vanished in to the Bermuda Triangle as he doesn't even get on the bench.
5) GARCIA: Out of favour an injured a lot this year; he has been vital since he came.
6) GERRARD: One goal all season from our BEST Player ridiculous and on a side note we need MOMO back ASAP as gerrard was ineffective in his FAVOURED position.

1) B
2) I
3) T
4) T
5) E
6) R     :glare:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:08 pm

The Djib should be back in December.  Bones all healed up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqa0KEDe9Tw

Lol at those who say the Djib has no composure in front of goal!!
puroresu

Postby 67-1161385641 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:23 pm

Cisse has composure in front of goal, not enough to ever be considered a great striker, he's a decent striker who would do well at Wigan, but that's it. Compilation tapes can make anyone look superb, it seems football fans these days watch clips and you tube and suddenly they have as much knowledge of the game as managers. I wonder if someone made a compilation tape of Cisse's flaws would it vastly outweigh that compilation tape.
67-1161385641

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:45 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:Cisse has composure in front of goal, not enough to ever be considered a great striker, he's a decent striker who would do well at Wigan, but that's it. Compilation tapes can make anyone look superb, it seems football fans these days watch clips and you tube and suddenly they have as much knowledge of the game as managers. I wonder if someone made a compilation tape of Cisse's flaws would it vastly outweigh that compilation tape.

Wigan.  Thats where Bellamy should be.
puroresu

Postby mattylfc » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:17 pm

I must say who ever was playing Cisses role in that vid was a very good actor, looked just like him :D

I do like Cisse and i wish he had come good.  You never know, maybe one day he will get back to the player we all hoped he would be.
mattylfc

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:31 pm

jus watched the cisse goals clip. can i just say WTF??? a lot of the goals there came from one-on-ones! and in most of them, he showed excellent composure, taking it around the keeper, quality owen-esque chips over the keeper and such. So can anybody try to explain to me why in virtually EVERY one-on-one he had in a liverpool shirt ended up with him blasting it as hard as he could straight at the keeper?  :angry:

I think bad bobs right, the guy in the video must have been an imposter (either that or the guy that played for us was!!!) :suspect:
crouchaldinho

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:53 pm

crouchaldinho wrote:jus watched the cisse goals clip. can i just say WTF??? a lot of the goals there came from one-on-ones! and in most of them, he showed excellent composure, taking it around the keeper, quality owen-esque chips over the keeper and such. So can anybody try to explain to me why in virtually EVERY one-on-one he had in a liverpool shirt ended up with him blasting it as hard as he could straight at the keeper?  :angry:

I think bad bobs right, the guy in the video must have been an imposter (either that or the guy that played for us was!!!) :suspect:

Confidence
puroresu

Postby vlady16.1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:01 pm

i remember watching the highlights of cisse prior to him comming and was concerned... he looked too good!!!

it just seems he is suited to france... another flop was nando but look to champ league scoring leaders cos he's there... some players just can't play in england and both of those are... i wish cisse all the luck in france and am glad he's healing

bellamy despite his faults can and has scored consistantly in england
vlady16.1

Postby redmikey » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:09 pm

i'd rather watch a owen tape as all his goals would be in red at the top level and not against backwater french club

i am not a cissie lover because the lad has no first second or third touch, and has the work rate of a spanish counsil worker,

on the plus side he has loads of heart and we already own him,it is time for rafa to settle his differences with him and get him in the shop window so we don't get raped on his out going fee

i wish he had spent less time in the hair dressers and more time pleasing the new boss
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:15 pm

crouchaldinho wrote:jus watched the cisse goals clip. can i just say WTF??? a lot of the goals there came from one-on-ones! and in most of them, he showed excellent composure, taking it around the keeper, quality owen-esque chips over the keeper and such. So can anybody try to explain to me why in virtually EVERY one-on-one he had in a liverpool shirt ended up with him blasting it as hard as he could straight at the keeper?  :angry:

That weren't me that said that...but I understand the confusion, given Matty's avatar!  :D

It is a touch surprising that another thread on Cisse is pushing 5 pages.  Bottom line is that, love him or loathe him, he's never coming back.  Personally, I wish him luck in France and hope he returns to the kind of form he's capable of there.  Having said that, I'm 100% more comfortable with Bellamy in the squad than Cisse.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby crouchaldinho » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:17 pm

That weren't me that said that...but I understand the confusion, given Matty's avatar!   

My bad
crouchaldinho

Postby puroresu » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:10 pm

vlady16.1 wrote:i remember watching the highlights of cisse prior to him comming and was concerned... he looked too good!!!

it just seems he is suited to france... another flop was nando but look to champ league scoring leaders cos he's there... some players just can't play in england and both of those are... i wish cisse all the luck in france and am glad he's healing

bellamy despite his faults can and has scored consistantly in england

96-97 Norwich City  3 Games     
97-98 Norwich City  13 Goals, 36 Games   
98-99 Norwich City  17 Goals, 40 Games   
99-00 Norwich City  2 Goals, 4 Games   
00-01(juil) Norwich City  1 Games   
00-01 Coventry City  6 Goals, 34 Games 
01-02 Newcastle United  9 Goals, 27 Games 
02-03 Newcastle United  8 Goals, 29 Games 
03-04 Newcastle United  4 Goals, 16 Games 
04-05(jan) Newcastle United  7 Goals, 21 Games 
04-05 Celtic Glasgow  7 Goals, 12 Games
05-06 Blackburn Rovers  13 Goals, 27 Games   
06-07 Liverpool 1 Goals, 9 Games

Not being funny but its hardly prolific
puroresu

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:50 pm

Cisse was successful at Liverpool. Given that he was playing out of position so much of the time a record of 19 goals last year was excellent. I'd definitely rather see Cisse marauding forward like a pirate than Bellamy scuttling between the lines like a naughty scholboy.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kop11 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:10 pm

bellamy needs time!! in away he has been treated in the same way as ciise not give anough time on the pitch consistantly! i cant see cisse returnig to liverpool fc but who knows!

lets just do what lfc fans are best at doing and sticking behind there players. craig bellamy has always scored 15+ for other clubs he has been at and always caused are defenders and looked a threat when he came to anfield in a blackburn shirt
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion