Warnock

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KARMANI » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:36 pm

class!

sliding tackle in the last 10 mins of the game like a goal would have put us out, and did you see him kicking the ball back into the net after we conceded absolutely gutted.

that's the attitude. i hope you're watching wherever you are harry kewell.
KARMANI

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:48 pm

He's got an attitude like Carragher towards losing. I've said this all season, Gerrard and one or two others should take note. The lads got a good future i reckon and deserves a chance. He's another player like Carragher, who isn't the best and never will be top class, but because its Liverpool they are playing for it pushes them up a level in terms of effort and attitude.

Which makes them appear better than they actually are. If you were to put them in another team they wouldn't be as influencial.
115-1073096938

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:59 pm

:D Just think last season he was playin for Coventry and now hes playin Champions League footie :cool:  Go on my son :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:11 pm

Yes I was going to make a thread on him.
Would you consider giving him a run in the team as Left Back?

We are short on options, Kewell is injured so is Traore (who isn't even left sided normally), and I wouldn't want to move Riise away from the left wing after his performances there this season.
Maybe Warnock is an answer at left back, at least til the end of the season...
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:14 pm

I reckon the lad deffo has a future, he is one of the decent youngsters where I don't think Raven, Potter or Welsh are good enough from what I've seen.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ian cooper » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:16 pm

Yeah definately deserves a crack at left back. Whenever he's came in he's always given 110% whatever position he's played and I think left back is his strongest. For me, out of the younger lads, Warnock looked the best and comfortable playing infront of a crowd which we can thank Coventry for.

Yeah as he is our best option at the moment he will get a good run to prove his worth and I'm sure he won't let us down.
ian cooper

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:19 pm

Paul C wrote:I reckon the lad deffo has a future, he is one of the decent youngsters where I don't think Raven, Potter or Welsh are good enough from what I've seen.

To be fair, I think Welsh is a good prospect. These young players are in the right hands and someone like Welsh could be a very good player brought up to Benitez's playstyle and frame of mind.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ian cooper » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:28 pm

It's far to early to judge these young players yet. Coming into the first team, most of the time as a sub and playing inconsistently as a covering player or in the cup. Given a good 10-15 games a player can adapt and then show his qualities, you get the odd exception referring to Warnock due to his experience at Coventry playing many games for them infront of a full house can really do a player a lot of good. He can come into games and often change them with his work-rate and hunger to play for the club.
ian cooper

Postby bigmick » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:51 pm

ian cooper wrote:due to his experience at Coventry playing many games for them infront of a full house can really do a player a lot of good.

It's not often that the phrase full-house and Coventry appear in the same sentence. Home OR away come to think of it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:10 pm

XSD wrote:We are short on options, Kewell is injured so is Traore (who isn't even left sided normally), and I wouldn't want to move Riise away from the left wing after his performances there this season.
Maybe Warnock is an answer at left back, at least til the end of the season...

Actually i think traore is left sided normally, he has played far more games for us on the left than at centre half and has a decent left foot.  Not good enough in the centre.

You're spot on about giving warnock a run at left back and keeping Riise at left mid.  I'm sick of people saying Riise should play left back even after his great form at left mid. 

Warnock deserves a run in the team, great pashion
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:50 pm

Considering he's relatively new playing in this position for us at this level, and that it was a ECL game, I thought he played brilliantly. I was a little concerned about him playing there, but he was class. I also reckon him and Riise could be a useful left side partnership. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:53 pm

bigmick wrote:
ian cooper wrote:due to his experience at Coventry playing many games for them infront of a full house can really do a player a lot of good.

It's not often that the phrase full-house and Coventry appear in the same sentence. Home OR away come to think of it.

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:26 pm

I'm not judging the young players but giving my opinion compared to first team appearences and neither Potter, Raven or Welsh have impressed me from what I've seen, Welsch has been around for a while now and not broken into the team which might be a sign even with the injuries this season :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm sure rafa thinks he has a gooda mentaliteeeeeeeee. He showed on wednesday that he does: After they scored warnock kicked the ball into the net in disgust after the team didn't keep a cleansheet. Definitely mirrors carras attitude
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:38 am

Warnocks never let the team down when called upon and deserves a run at left Back IMO. Traore, although improved this season still gives me the jitters when the ball is anywhere near him ???

Welsh has impressed me this season when given the chance although of the young uns Whitbread seesm to be the bets of the bunch at centre back although i accept he may not get a run for a while yet.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion