Warnock - Permanent left midfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Tzvi » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:21 pm

Steven Warnock a marvel, the kid is gr8. I rekon we play instead of kewell, unlike kewell i think warnock plays very wide left hugging the side line, similar to what kewell played at leeds. Hes very young and his composure on the ball on 26 minutes to get round those playes and get the cross in were gr8. exciting player on the move!
Comments? Additions?
Tzvi

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:28 pm

Another typical post :D

One day rafa was good, he was god
The other day rafa was bad, he must go
Few months ago Biscan stupid, We should get rid of him
Few weeks ago, biscan getting a bit better, he is the next Vieira
Kewell was good, those who think he was bad was an idiot
Today he's not as good as yesterday, he must permanently reserved

:D

:angry:
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:41 pm

Anyway......

Yes, Warnock shows a lot of promise, not sure if he is ready to replace Kewell yet.

Hopefully Rafa will get the very best out of all our players Kewell included and we can get back to where we rightfully belong :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:48 pm

Biscan coudldnt even be the next Vieria whos at Luton or wherever he is, hes pants. I do agree with your mostly though Anfieldadorer its a bit early to say Warnock is deserving of a regular slot, Hopefully the competition for places on the left will give Kewell some added motivation.
Warnock is def one for the future but let the lad play without the pressure first so we can see how good he really could be.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:51 pm

Yeah far too early but he does show a lot of promise and will hopefully provide serious competition for places
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Well, many comments here are meaningless like mine here. They just want to release their emotion. So, don't bother answer them. Back to the topic, people will forget Warnock and make him a bench warmer when Kewell score next game. :)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:05 pm

Kewell will still come good, probably in a striking role. Warnock also has a future. I am more concened about Riise and where he is going.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:14 pm

it's way too earlt to judge warnock but there is no way he should have been taken off at half time. hamann should have gone off. he, alonso and gerrard can't play in the same team.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:45 pm

Why cant they? I think they could develop into a great midfield partnership. You cant judge it by one game. Rafa tried a new system which we may see more often. Stevie G can form a partnership with anyone simply coz he can do everything.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:05 pm

I think Warnock and Kewell can do a job for Liverpool this season, I think Kewell needs tp play in the 'big' games and Warnock play in the cup games and against some 'smaller' sides to get experience and match fitness.

The future certainly looks good with Warnock :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:05 pm

i believe Warnock was Coventry player of the year last year while he was on loan so i'm pleased to see he's getting a chance, but when Kewell is at his best - which i believe he will get back to under Raffa theres few players in Europe who could keep him out of the team.
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:33 pm

Your correct, he was their player of the season last year :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:38 pm

i reckon Warnock is a good player with alot of talent who can do a job 4 us on the left wing coz harry will get injured at some point but Kewell must start preforming soon beacuse the fans will start getting on hi sback i personall love him iand think he will get better but Warnock will give him a run 4 his money whatever happens
Hamza

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion