Warning been there since last season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:30 pm

If Cisse devotes as much time improving his game as he apparently does changing his hairstyle, he'd be awesome.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:38 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Make no mistake that our boys will be watching the match tomorrow at Melwood and how could that looser ever pull on a LFC shirt again!
He's not fit to shi'te in an Anfield toilet never mind kick a ball!

Sh!t man. That's some damn nice lines you got there.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:39 pm

who would we bring in for cisse though? I would guess we have 10million left and if we get a forward, wh s there for 10m?
I think the list of natural goal scorers is low at that price...
Ashton -( looks like hes at WH now)
Kuyt
Defoe
Berbatov
Toni
???
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:41 pm

Nihat scored for Sociedad tonight.
Mad game, 3-3.

Wander if Sabre has a comment on that?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:38 am

BarryBelfast wrote:If Cisse was just'missing chances' we could all say give him time!! Yes he had has time but being the patient lot we are we may have given more!
This is not the case.
He has one attribute in pace..after that i struggle to think of another!
He cannot read the rest of the team.
He's huffy
He's arrogant
He does not make runs that strikers need to in the game especially now,when teams are putting more and more emphasis on the offside trap and refs are bowing to home pressure to blow the whistle.
He is soooooo fuc.king lazy
In fact he makes me sick
If he cared more about the team that is his bread and butter and less about his flamboyant style and crusade to be an individual and to stand out from the rest he may get somewhere!
For me he stands out like a sore thumb on an almost perfect hand..
Say what you all want people..todays effort from Cisse was a disgrace to our shirt and no excuses or reasoning will change my opinion of that!
He's an arrogant lazy bast.ard who highlights everything that LFC is not about..Best send the useless piece of sh.ite back to France and good riddance!

Yes we need an out and out striker...i'd loose Moro and Cisse tomorrow and give young Pongo a blast up front with Crouch..i really feel it would work and the lad really wants it!I've said before that Pongo can go far.
My biggest concern was his lack in the build department but he appears to be putting on a bit!
Why not play him ??
Could he possibly be any worse than Cisse??
No way! I have never in my life seen an LFc player lack commitment like Cisse does or make me feel as disgusted!
Really dont know what more to say apart from ditch Cisse now..i really feel he can do more harm than good with his attitude and it can only affect team morale in a negative way.
Make no mistake that our boys will be watching the match tomorrow at Melwood and how could that looser ever pull on a LFC shirt again!
He's not fit to shi'te in an Anfield toilet never mind kick a ball!

Sorry for the rant but we all have to vent!
YNWA

Well said!
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:15 am

Any knowledgeable LFC fan knows that Cisse hasn't got what it takes at this level.

As a fan who gets along to a fair few games all I expect from LFC players is that they put in as much effort as I do on the terraces............

this is perhaps why fans have always admired battlers who ,make the most of their ability. Erik Mejer springs to mind, everyone knew he had limited ability but you could never doubt his commitment but with cisse you get a player who is just not interested or has no concept of the "team" mentality.

He gives up possession cheaply, has no positional sense, continually gets caught offside and throws a wobbler when things don't go his way......

But more than anything what really upsets me is his inability to learn from his mistakes or how else can you expalin why he keeps making the same ones over and over again........

???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:39 am

So many of you have put into a nutshell my exact thoughts on todays game, and y'know it's kinda funny coz I remember how i felt after the corresponding game last season-gutted.
We'd been mauled by Ronaldo, an had (for the most part) looked second best.

One season later an my, how the picture has changed!
We should not have lost the game, no doubt, but we were croozin' they weren't really stretching us too much an we looked comfortable.

However, I'm sure we'll learn from this.
Rafa treats the mental side of the game with as much respect as the physical and tactical side of things, and we'll need to get our heads right for the next game.

No-one seems to have mentioned how relieved they were to be getting something outta this.
The smiles from SAF an Rio (ugly dude) were partially because they actually got SOMETHING THEY DIDN'T DESERVE-
(happened to me once, i went to a cash point an got £150 when I actually asked for £50)-felt good.

Don't make the mistake of thinkin Carra, Stevie an Rafa at least won't be hurtin as much as we are, but hurt today, the pain will slowly ease.
daddyo

Postby oooalxooo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:41 am

i really wish we'd all stop talkin about owen. all i see on this site when we lose is 'if we had owen' or 'we wouldnt lose if owen was there' etc etc

if rafa wanted to sign owen he could have :censored:en signed him. Obviously he didnt want him, so lets just move on and forget about it. Granted we need to work on our striker situation, but that will come and we had so many games unbeaten - i mean, how can we really possibly complain?? Cisse isnt the best, but we have players there that can do the job, the mighty Gerrard, Morientes, Crouch, Kewell, etc. we have top notch team so lets stop questioning why owen never came, and just get on with what we have.

thats my opinion anyway. im sure people disagree with me, but im sure a hell of a lot more of lfc supporters agree with me.
LFC
oooalxooo

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:29 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:If I was Rafa Id go to Robbie Fowlers house tonight he lives by him in Caldies and say you are welcome to come back Robert, imagine the boost it would give the fans, I know he is not hungry for money but he would die for the Liverpool Jersey go and see him Rafa please.
And get shut of that feckin gremlin head 14 million Houllier yer havin a laugh.
Ive defended Cisse for ages but sorry I cannot do it anymore.

time to change your member_id ......... :;):
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:34 am

BarryBelfast wrote:He's not fit to shi'te in an Anfield toilet never mind kick a ball!

He probably gives anyone who walked pass a dirty look for not putting down the toilet seat for him.
oakton

Postby The_Rock » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:56 am

i did mention.....that we can keep gerrard at the right until the end of this season and try to get another striker during the jan transfer. (u can search the threads if u want  :p )....

well...hate to say it..but i told u so.

it hurts like hell to lose at old thrashfort ....... more so to an injury time goal.

but we played quite well. i will take that as a step up in the rite direction.
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:58 am

Surely we should be able to snatch a brilliant, yet aging striker on loan from a top team in, say, Italy? Lets be honest - even a 35 year old goal poacher would transform our side.

Get a stop-gap in until the summer, then buy real class.

It's just got to be done.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:31 am

stmichael wrote:both myself and stu the red have said it since day one.

despite him scoring some goals, the guy's never a footballer. he can't control a ball, he endlessly runs offside and he can't finish. when you think that we paid £14m for him (admittedly not the current manager) it's a joke.

some of the midfield play was very good but as soon as it got to cisse the move broke down. why crouch was subbed ahead of him i'll never know.

Crouch was injured with a dead leg, thats why.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:47 am

I dont normally rant but - it's been building up since about half time (got up at 0530 local time to watch a recording of teh game before work) and I've got to vent my frustration at what I reckon was a very dissapointing display all round.

Perhaps my expections have been built up too high because of our recent run of results (I'd say form- but I reckon we've been lucky on a few occaisions - I'll elaborate later) but todays match put an end to what little (if unrealistic) hope I had of being close if not challenging Chelsea come the end of the season.

Lets face it, even if we hadn't succumbed to a jammy goal in injury time, we would have just got held to a draw by a severely depleted Manc side. Without a midfield of any note, no Scholes, Ronaldo or Heinze and with Giggs playing out of position, a FULL STRENGTH Liverpool side hardly caused Van Der Sar to break into a sweat!

Where's Stu the Red's player ratings thread this week? Nobody for me warranted higher than a six - I take that back, the back four plus Reina all played well IMO but after so many clean sheets you've really got to have a shocker to upset me. They certainly kept Van Horseface and Shrek quite but with no midfield to speak of their supply was cut of to begin with.

Our midfield were OK but not their usual excellent - against a cobbled together Scum midfield they really should have had a field day. I didn't notice Kewell and Gerard swapping flanks so effectively like we've seen in the past few games, the killer ball from Alonso just didn't materialise and Sissoko wasnt really effective for me either.

Unfortunately, the less said about the final third the better. More unfortunately I'll not listen to my own advice and rant anyway!

There's no point in pumping balls through to Crouch on the edge of the box if no one is going to support him. Cisse just doesn't seem to get the idea of running off him properly and Crouch for all his 'good touch for a big guy' wraps is patently not a goal scorer.  Morientes was anonymous and Pongo perhaps should have had more time.

Worryingly - all four of our strikers were used against probably the shakiest Manc defence for years and Van Der Sar had f'uck all to do!

I was a detractor of Crouch's and am still not entirely convinced - though I must admit he's worked tirelessly for the cause and has contributed well in other games.  I've also supported Cisse and Morientes in coming to grips with the EPL and Rafa's plan.  But mostly I've argued that we have not taken our chances at the rate required to be at the top of the ladder.

When you have a day like today when the rest of the team are playing 'ok' but not exactly inspring it becomes evident that a striker's primary objective is not 'to link up play' or 'tracking back' it is putting the bleeding ball in the bleeding net!

RAFA WE NEED A STRIKER!!!!!!!

Edited for spelling.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafarian » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:27 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The team has improved over the last 18 months, no?

Do you think Rafa is stupid? He knows it, I know, you know it, everybody knows it, our strikers are not good enough.

But Rafa has a transfer policy that I 100% back, he will only buy if the right player is available at the right price. At the moment we still need a right sided midfield player more than a striker, we are short on numbers in that department and are having to play someone out of position.

Once we get a right sided midfield player Rafa will definitely put his efforts into finding a quality striker. Also, in order for a new striker to come in, we will have to have a deal ready to sell one of our existing strikers, otherwise we will be in a situation like Houllier created, simply accumulating players and letting them rot, and having an unmanageable wage bill.

So for God sake show some patience, it is difficult to build a success over night, epically in this current climate, short term fixes are not the answer, Rafa is trying to build a solid foundation rather than temporary success.

No doubt Rafa has signing a new striker on his mind, but the conditions must me right for us.

101% right! Success can't be accomplish over night...my friends. It takes years to build an empire!

We have almost everything in place in the line-up. Missing? Guess right the goal getters or may I say "SCORERS"...for now we have to bear with the "Scroochers" for not netting any goals.

Rafa knows what to do....and he too doesn't like what he's seeing "Scroochers" for not scoring where they should have!

I bet that 2006/2007 seasons would be "LIVERPOOL'S SEASON"

Believe me its coming!!!! Just a little bit of patience. We are on course.....we are sailing to the right directions my friends.
Rafarian

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion