Warning been there since last season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:40 pm

Imagine the boost it would give the rest of the team never mind the fans.Takes pressure of every position on the field.
Cisses absolutely woeful,he wasnt tuned in at all out there and that scuddy bas.t.ard andy gray wasnt helping matters  :angry: arggghhhh ba.s.t.a.r.d.s.
Come on Rafa we need a striker to be the finished product,teams admire us but nobody fears us ..that needs to change.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:40 pm

Crouch and pongolle are simply the best strikers at the club at the moment they both give the most to the club on a whole.

Pongy all round just wipes the floor with cisse it's shocking.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Poolinc. » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:42 pm

madred wrote:Poolinc we may have played 4-4-2 but we lacked up front today. Sure the midfield contolled but how many chances did we fashion? It was plain to see that Benitez was happy with walking away with a point today.

That's the exact point mate! We were never going to create a hat-full of chances at OT. The few did, we couldn't convert because our strikers aint good enough. And benitez used all 4 strikers today so it was obvious he wanted to win. We're only 2/3 of the way to being a great team......
Poolinc.

Postby red_guy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Sell the clown (cisse) to marseille...with the money, get another good striker + FOWLER!!!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:47 pm

The team has improved over the last 18 months, no?

Do you think Rafa is stupid? He knows it, I know, you know it, everybody knows it, our strikers are not good enough.

But Rafa has a transfer policy that I 100% back, he will only buy if the right player is available at the right price. At the moment we still need a right sided midfield player more than a striker, we are short on numbers in that department and are having to play someone out of position.

Once we get a right sided midfield player Rafa will definitely put his efforts into finding a quality striker. Also, in order for a new striker to come in, we will have to have a deal ready to sell one of our existing strikers, otherwise we will be in a situation like Houllier created, simply accumulating players and letting them rot, and having an unmanageable wage bill.

So for God sake show some patience, it is difficult to build a success over night, epically in this current climate, short term fixes are not the answer, Rafa is trying to build a solid foundation rather than temporary success.

No doubt Rafa has signing a new striker on his mind, but the conditions must me right for us.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Chelsea must have been laughin their t.its off then the two most successful english clubs fighting it out for scraps of 2nd and 3rd place, now our title challenge has gone so to speak incase they did in the unlikely event slip up.
I am so dissapionted I really thought we would beat them today, Has aka Cool hand luke this striker situation has been there since MO left and Rafa even sold Baros, none of our current strikers are better than Mellor or Robbie Fowler and isnt that a shame to say for the current European champions?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:02 pm

madred wrote:A bit of a over reaction here im afraid. Morientes doesnt deserve the slating. How long did he get? Cisse has shown us enough now and he's simply not up to it. We played for a draw today and failed to get it.

Spot on mate.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:02 pm

Mellor, Fowler, Cisse, Morintes, Pongolle, and even Crouch, lets be honest, none of these players are good enough to lead our line.

But Between Cisse, Morinetes, Crouch and Pongolle, we are adequate for upfront for now, not excellent, or good, just adequate, but in time will be good, then excellent. Rafa was put in bad situation when he arrived, the Heskey deal had already been set, Owen left just before the transfer window shut, and the Cisse deal was already done. Before he can do his own work, he has had to rectify the mistakes that Houllier made.

Rafa got it wrong when it came to Morinetes, I've said that since day one, and the signing of Crouch for £7MIL is questionable, even though he has done O.K.

Rafa tried to bring in Owen, but the situation wasn’t right for us. God knows what other players he has tried to bring in, of course he has tried to improve the striker situation, but it’s not as easy and straight forward as some people think it it.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:07 pm

strikers miss chances thats just a fact, a lot of people seem to be clamouring for fowler but he missed a last minute pen to cost city a european place last season!
we got beat at old trafford by a last minute set piece after being the better side, that just happens and in fact we did it to them a few times under houllier.
i sat there watching that game and saw how united were relying on breaks on their own patch and thought to myself - ` we are really good, for the first time in 15 years we are a really good side`.
cant ask for more really.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:09 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:strikers miss chances thats just a fact, a lot of people seem to be clamouring for fowler but he missed a last minute pen to cost city a european place last season!
we got beat at old trafford by a last minute set piece after being the better side, that just happens and in fact we did it to them a few times under houllier.
i sat there watching that game and saw how united were relying on breaks on their own patch and thought to myself - ` we are really good, for the first time in 15 years we are a really good side`.
cant ask for more really.

Well spoken!

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:16 pm

yep. we are a really good side. good enough to dominate manure for 75% of the game. good enough to create chances to score. good enough to have way more shots on or off target and to have more corners. but what we don't have is strikers good enough to make it count.

crouch again played well. morientes played intelligently and got stuck in. cisse, though, can just get the feck out as soon as he feckin well likes. he goes to ground in a scoring position while the ball is still in play in their penalty area and only when the ball comes near him again he decides to stand up and blast it over the bar. but that's only after spending well over an hour completely missing the point of how to play off a target man and actually competing for all the balls crouch is meant to knock on for him.

cisse - feck off! :angry:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:16 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:The team has improved over the last 18 months, no?

Do you think Rafa is stupid? He knows it, I know, you know it, everybody knows it, our strikers are not good enough.

But Rafa has a transfer policy that I 100% back, he will only buy if the right player is available at the right price. At the moment we still need a right sided midfield player more than a striker, we are short on numbers in that department and are having to play someone out of position.

Once we get a right sided midfield player Rafa will definitely put his efforts into finding a quality striker. Also, in order for a new striker to come in, we will have to have a deal ready to sell one of our existing strikers, otherwise we will be in a situation like Houllier created, simply accumulating players and letting them rot, and having an unmanageable wage bill.

So for God sake show some patience, it is difficult to build a success over night, epically in this current climate, short term fixes are not the answer, Rafa is trying to build a solid foundation rather than temporary success.

No doubt Rafa has signing a new striker on his mind, but the conditions must me right for us.

i agree mate.. we undeservedly lost, cisse missed a sitter!

but we should be patient because i trust rafa.. and he knows what he is doing!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:29 pm

It's true we were much the better team. If those two teams played ten times, we'd win six with a couple of draws. We are a better, more polished, better organised team than Man U now, today proved it. Unfortunately though in these tight games as in the novel as in the novel by Saffran Foer, Everything is illuminated.
It took a Manchester Liverpool game or two to convince us that despite being very competent and a nice bloke, Dudek wasn't the man to play between the sticks. No amount of shoot-out heroics will erase the memory of his antics against Manure, I haven't heard one single fan on here asking for Dudek to be brought back into the team, we know that ultimately he aint up to it. A similar fate befell Tim Howard when his last minute blunder put an unfancied and outplayed Porto team through in the Champions League at Old Trafford. As Mourhinho celebrated down the touchline Howard knew what Ferguson knew, that ultimately he wasn't ever going to be up to it. Anyone remember that game against Manure when we were 2-1 down with seconds left and the hapless Heskey has a glorious opportunity, only to slip on his erse and blaze it into the crowd? He knew what we and Houllier and the whole world knew. He was exposed as not being up to it. Thankfully Steve Bruce must have missed that one.
Today for me was Cisse's Dudek moment. It wasn't just that he missed from four yards in a game with so few chances. It wasn't the manner of his miss, the way he blazed it muiles over the bar in the fashion of a desperate man, snatching at the opportunity which had fallen into his lap. It wasn't his awful performance, bereft of any footballing intelligence or anticipation, punctuated with headless chicken blind alley running. It was his reaction a good 20 seconds after his miss. As he howled in derision at his own lack of calmness and wasteful ineptitude you could see it his eyes, he knew what we all now know. He aint up to it.
Take what we can and get rid sooner rather than later is now my stance.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:52 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We need a f*ckin striker, an out an out goal scorer, people goin on, yer but at Valencia, all over the pitch scored goals.
We have totally dominated this game I am disgusted in Cisse and Morientes they could'nt hit a barn door.
Not good enough get shut bring Michael Owen back on loan or pay over the odds for a goal scorer, I am sick of over relience on Gerrard scoring 8 he has got this season, we have 4 strikers and not one of them have scored more.
Buy a striker before the window shuts Rafa.

you are 100% right
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:05 pm

Cisse was very poor today, and has never really had a first class game for the club.

The time has come to cut our losses and move him on.

Currently i see no one out there in world football who is available and affordable for us at the moment. It may be an idea to go for a stop gap older player for a couple of seasons like Vieri who is a proven goalscoroer at the highest level.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion