Wake up rafa - Fine line between faith and reality .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 am

puroresu wrote:All I know is 3 years ago Cisse was regarded as one of Europes hottest young strikers.  Somehow we have managed to shatter this young talents confidence and made him un-recognisable to the player he was at Axuerre.

It's hardly Benitez's fault is it? The board should of cancelled the deal for Cisse 'n' given Rafa the £14million to spend on another player or few players. That's what every club should do when they sack a manager, if they have any transfer to completed in the summer, cancel them 'n' give the money to the next manager.
48-1119859832

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:58 pm

0asis wrote:
puroresu wrote:All I know is 3 years ago Cisse was regarded as one of Europes hottest young strikers.  Somehow we have managed to shatter this young talents confidence and made him un-recognisable to the player he was at Axuerre.

It's hardly Benitez's fault is it? The board should of cancelled the deal for Cisse 'n' given Rafa the £14million to spend on another player or few players. That's what every club should do when they sack a manager, if they have any transfer to completed in the summer, cancel them 'n' give the money to the next manager.

I dont see how Rafa could of pulled out.  The club only decided to get Rafa at the of the season.  By the time he joined wasnt the Cisse deal done and dusted.  if not surely Raf would of pulled the plug if he didnt want him.
puroresu

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:21 pm

That's the thing tho the board new they wanted to sack Houllier, so they should of cancelled the Cisse signing and given Benitez the £14million to spend it on whom he saw fit, instead they let him come and Benitez had no say over the matter.

So I don't think you can blame Rafa for not wanting Cisse at the club when it wasn't even his signing.
48-1119859832

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:49 pm

0asis wrote:That's the thing tho the board new they wanted to sack Houllier, so they should of cancelled the Cisse signing and given Benitez the £14million to spend it on whom he saw fit, instead they let him come and Benitez had no say over the matter.

So I don't think you can blame Rafa for not wanting Cisse at the club when it wasn't even his signing.

How did they know though.  The Cisse deal was done a year before Houllier went. Now the board sacked him after we finished 4th in the League.  When the Cisse deal was done the board had no reason to think Houiller wouldnt be their.  We would have a strong season, challenge for the title and Houllier would still be in charge with a new striker to arrive.  However we didnt have a good season, finished 4th and I dont think the board made an easy decision in letting Houllier go.  By the time they decided to sack Houllier the season was over and Cisse was on his way.
puroresu

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:54 pm

You raise fair points altho Cisse did come a month after Houllier was sacked, that's plenty of time to cancel a transfer but they didn't 'n' now we are stuck with him.
48-1119859832

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:53 pm

0asis wrote:You raise fair points altho Cisse did come a month after Houllier was sacked, that's plenty of time to cancel a transfer but they didn't 'n' now we are stuck with him.

Maybe Rafa didnt want to cancel it.  His been on record saying he admired Cisse while at Valencia and his scout told him "Cisse would lead Valencia to many La Liga titles" or something along them lines.
puroresu

Postby 115-1139928290 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:39 pm

i think its pointless arguing who rafa should play.It will not change what the coach has in mind.

Looking back at the season,i am certain cisse is on his way out.He's been played out of position and given 10-15minutes tops when played in his favorite position as a striker.
There is no question on his ability,but i dont think rafa likes him alot :)

I just wish our player management was in a way that when player leaves,he leaves in good terms with the club like the way Reald Madrid do.
The players are so loyal to the club that they try to bring in a much money as posible from there own sale even when its not to there best interests... as the case of Owen.
In our case,we had baros turn down an offer to play the CL with Lyon(who are currently doing very well),i believe because he did not want to give rafa the satisfaction :no
Cisse,am certain will do the same thing,Diouf did it with bolton....

All these players feel like they were undeservingly pushed out of the team.

In cisse's case,when i look at the other strikers,i tend to agree.
115-1139928290

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:47 pm

solja_slim wrote:i think its pointless arguing who rafa should play.It will not change what the coach has in mind.

There is no question on his ability

It's called debate, if we all followed that route then it would be pointless talking about football.

As for Cisse having ability, I'd love to know what ability he has? All I see is someone who knocks his wife about, changes his hair do every 5 minutes, has ago at fellow team mates when the ball isn't delivered perfectally into his feet, he doesn't read the game well, he doesn't use his pace wisely, when he has the ball he doesn't know what to do with it, his off ball play is poor, he blasts the ball too hard meaning most of his shots either, go over, wide or str8 at the keeper and his first touch is often dreadful. 

However is he is a pretty decent right mid who possesses a good crossing ability.
48-1119859832

Postby 115-1139928290 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:58 pm

0asis wrote:As for Cisse having ability, I'd love to know what ability he has? All I see is someone who knocks his wife about, changes his hair do every 5 minutes, has ago at fellow team mates when the ball isn't delivered perfectally into his feet, he doesn't read the game well, he doesn't use his pace wisely, when he has the ball he doesn't know what to do with it, his off ball play is poor, he blasts the ball too hard meaning most of his shots either, go over, wide or str8 at the keeper and his first touch is often dreadful. 

However is he is a pretty decent right mid who possesses a good crossing ability.

want to know his ability?
He scores for his country,has scored more goals for us with less playing time than our other strikers and was top striker in the french league for two consequtive years...no mean feat.

Anyway he's leaving and we'll be doomed to watching him bang them in for another club :(
115-1139928290

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 pm

Mudface, I mean solja or whatever you are today.

Diouf was always a cock.  He was a fucking leech on £40,000 a week and he didn't earn one penny of it.  Even your hero Houllier admitted as much.

So fuck defending him.  And Cisse while you're at it.  He was only top scorer in the French league because it's shit.  The standard of football there is poor. 

Biting yet?
jonnymac1979

Postby Sarge » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:49 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Mudface, I mean solja or whatever you are today.

Diouf was always a cock.  He was a fucking leech on £40,000 a week and he didn't earn one penny of it.  Even your hero Houllier admitted as much.

So fuck defending him.  And Cisse while you're at it.  He was only top scorer in the French league because it's shit.  The standard of football there is poor. 

Biting yet?

is he really mudface?

i share your "enthusiasm" jonnymac... u da man!

cisse a has been...

diouf on the other hand is mudface's twin brother, f.uckface
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Biting yet?

It isnt poor.  If it's that bad why is it that Lyon have beaten many a good side in Europe and are a threat in this years CL.  Marseille beat Bolton, Monaco got to the CL Final 2 years ago yet the French League is a poor standard.

Its not that bad and Cisse's 22 in 29 games for Axuerre in 01/02 and 26 in 38 in 03/04 has to be respected!!!

Oh and lets not forget the superstar Kevin phillips has been top scorer in England and Marcus Stewart got goals as well in the Premiership!!
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:05 pm

solja_slim wrote:i think its pointless arguing who rafa should play.It will not change what the coach has in mind.

Looking back at the season,i am certain cisse is on his way out.He's been played out of position and given 10-15minutes tops when played in his favorite position as a striker.
There is no question on his ability,but i dont think rafa likes him alot :)

I just wish our player management was in a way that when player leaves,he leaves in good terms with the club like the way Reald Madrid do.
The players are so loyal to the club that they try to bring in a much money as posible from there own sale even when its not to there best interests... as the case of Owen.
In our case,we had baros turn down an offer to play the CL with Lyon(who are currently doing very well),i believe because he did not want to give rafa the satisfaction :no
Cisse,am certain will do the same thing,Diouf did it with bolton....

All these players feel like they were undeservingly pushed out of the team.

In cisse's case,when i look at the other strikers,i tend to agree.

Cisse will defiantly stay unles he thinks the move is good for him.  He aint gonna go to the 1st side Liverpool accept a bid from. He has every right to stay at Liverpool as long as his under contract!!!
puroresu

Postby Scottbot » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:52 pm

JBG wrote:Best even Premiership points tally at this point in the season?

European Champions and in the last 16 again?

QF of FA Cup?

???

You wouldn't know it to read some of the threads kicking about on this board over the course of the season. Maybe everyone is forgetting how :censored:.e everything was looking this time last season? I know we can't score for toffee right now but neither can the opposition. If i had been asleep all season and the first thing i did when i woke up was log on to Newkit i'd be sat there assuming the whole season was going to ratshi.t.

Keep the one nils coming because i'm loving this season so far.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1139928290 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:39 am

Biting yet?

I am not mudface you dimwit :p

As much as you will disagree,diouf has played well for Bolton,he is happy there and Bolton are happy to pay the 40k for his services.
Am not saying he should not have been sold,just that the timing,circumstances and eventually the price paid for him were disappointing.
Rafa should not have sold him to Bolton but let him play until January(he had hit a good run of form) for more than what Bolton eventually paid.

Same applies to baros,smicer and biscan.
We could have got more money from these player...all played part in the CL win!

We now have the same situation with Dudek and Cisse.
Dudek will probably go for less than 3m whilst he is certainly better than Reina whom we paid 8m for.

As for cisse,if we get more than 8m for him,then we will be lucky.Not that he's not worth more,just that he has not been given a chance to prove himself.

Puroresu has answerd your french league diss.

And lastly,as a mod you set yourself as an example by not using curse words and showing users how to get around the filtering software.Shame on you!
But then i guese  you are broke and bitter...Punk :laugh:
115-1139928290

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion