Voronin>>>>>>>kuyt - Discuss

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:23 pm

peewee wrote:i would still be saying he is more of a threat than kuyt, lets see the ratio at the end of the season, goals scored for minutes on the pitch.

i think voronins stats will be better than kuyt

i can"t wait to see you eat your words mate!!
(but as long as we win the league who cares) :rasp
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:06 am

redhayesy wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Scores a couple of goals, and he's now flavour of the month.

I don't doubt that Voronin has ability and can do extremely well for us. He has proved that he is more than capable of playing well for us in his relatively short time here, and the 2 goals are a nice added bonus. However the sudden bias against Kuyt now, because Voronin's scored twice is laughable.

I remember when we announced we signed Voronin people were saying it was a bad transfer etc, I didn't but I won't be saying he's a better option than Kuyt now after 4 games into the season.

Kuyt is a very accomplished footballer in my eyes. He's not just a "workhorse" as some have suggested. He always finds space off the ball, is good at linking up the play, he can actually pass the ball very very well and his work ethic means the opposition ALWAYS have something to deal with. The only slight knock in his game is that he is having trouble emulating his scoring record from Holland. I have no doubt that will come. 

People's views change like the wind here.

very, very good post raffa, totaly agree mate
kuyt is the sort of player i will always want to see playing
for us, his movement off the ball is a joy to watch
as i think he brings other playes into our attacking
play, he reminds me in some way of keegan, in his
work in & around the box, for me he will play
a massive part in ensuring not only his own ability
will improve, but also help torres & voronin settle in very quickly as he will not only score alot of goals this season
but provide & set up goals for his strike partners
like he did extremley well for crouch last season!
& i still say kuyt & crouch can offer a fantastic
partnership this season when needed.

sorry mate but the only way kuyt reminds me of keegan is by him having a 1970s haircut.     :D

and make me eat my words, i hope so, i dont want kuyt to fail, i want him scoring for fun but i just dont see it happening

i am just trying to be realistic, his first touch is terrible, his shooting is terrible, his heading isnt much better, his positioning is terrible (as in he's a forward but spends his time in midfield), and as for pulling defenders to allow torres through, any defender with any sense will leave kuyt as even if he gets the ball his first touch will give the defender a chance, and if not he will sky the ball anyway.

what does kuyt bring, the ability to run around a lot but without any pace
112-1077774096

Postby weringo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:02 am

peewee wrote:what does kuyt bring, the ability to run around a lot but without any pace

:laugh: Unfortunately it's true.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:35 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:ps: i do like milan baros  :p

:suspect: ... :glare:

one headless chicken isn't the same as another eh...

milan could dribble better and is more sellfish.

you've got to be kidding me with this one right?

baros doesn't dribble... he runs in a straight line with his head down! he doesn't see anyone else making runs...

but you already said you like him... so it's cool... :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:40 pm

peewee wrote:
redhayesy wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:Scores a couple of goals, and he's now flavour of the month.

I don't doubt that Voronin has ability and can do extremely well for us. He has proved that he is more than capable of playing well for us in his relatively short time here, and the 2 goals are a nice added bonus. However the sudden bias against Kuyt now, because Voronin's scored twice is laughable.

I remember when we announced we signed Voronin people were saying it was a bad transfer etc, I didn't but I won't be saying he's a better option than Kuyt now after 4 games into the season.

Kuyt is a very accomplished footballer in my eyes. He's not just a "workhorse" as some have suggested. He always finds space off the ball, is good at linking up the play, he can actually pass the ball very very well and his work ethic means the opposition ALWAYS have something to deal with. The only slight knock in his game is that he is having trouble emulating his scoring record from Holland. I have no doubt that will come. 

People's views change like the wind here.

very, very good post raffa, totaly agree mate
kuyt is the sort of player i will always want to see playing
for us, his movement off the ball is a joy to watch
as i think he brings other playes into our attacking
play, he reminds me in some way of keegan, in his
work in & around the box, for me he will play
a massive part in ensuring not only his own ability
will improve, but also help torres & voronin settle in very quickly as he will not only score alot of goals this season
but provide & set up goals for his strike partners
like he did extremley well for crouch last season!
& i still say kuyt & crouch can offer a fantastic
partnership this season when needed.

sorry mate but the only way kuyt reminds me of keegan is by him having a 1970s haircut.     :D

and make me eat my words, i hope so, i dont want kuyt to fail, i want him scoring for fun but i just dont see it happening

i am just trying to be realistic, his first touch is terrible, his shooting is terrible, his heading isnt much better, his positioning is terrible (as in he's a forward but spends his time in midfield), and as for pulling defenders to allow torres through, any defender with any sense will leave kuyt as even if he gets the ball his first touch will give the defender a chance, and if not he will sky the ball anyway.

what does kuyt bring, the ability to run around a lot but without any pace

peewee i respect your opinion and you're right about the keegan comparison... but the rest of your post I don't even understand where all the negativity comes from...

did he flip a bird at you during one of the games or something... :D

it seems like we're looking at 2 different players... there are players in the liverpool squad that annoys me alot more than kuyt...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:53 pm

i am not kuyts biggest fan But.

Please please hold of you judgements till jan please if he keeps the poor form up till then you will have more then enuff reason to start calling for his head untill then just chill ... :rasp
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion