Voronin, - I know it's early but.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed May 16, 2007 9:16 pm

:D  :D I know it's early but I've never seen the lad play. It just dawned on me while I was flicking through the threads that I can't remember any foreign player provoking this kind of "anti" feeling before he's even pulled a red shirt on. The only British one I can remember was crouch, and possibly Ince.

Now I'm led to believe that he hasn't look that great elsewhere, and that is goal record isn't great but FFS, give the blike a break. I'm kind of hoping he comes in and rips it up, just for the hell of it. The reaction to his potential arrival is about the opposite of the equally daft "give him time, remember Pires and Henri did nothing for the first eighteen months" you get off people.

If rafa and the staff rate the bloke and got in nice and early to sign him, I'm prepared to bet that he's got more to offer than almost everyone is giving him credit for.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 16, 2007 9:19 pm

bigmick wrote: :D  :D I know it's early but

:laugh:  :laugh:

Mick I have to be honest I havent a clue about him.
Only that he doesnt score many goals. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 16, 2007 9:20 pm

I'm getting the 'sean dundees' mick
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:21 pm

i got an igor biscan vibe. he'll score one goal in his career. but it will be immense and he will always be rememebred
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 16, 2007 9:26 pm

Yep must admit its a bit of a Salif Diao kinda feelin, how long is his contract for?

Arnt we cruel :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 16, 2007 9:29 pm

A strange signing really Mick. Maybe Rafa signed him before he knew there was going to be money available? I just cant get excited over his signing at all. Total apathy is my feeling at the moment about him. (obviously I hope he turns into another Rush )I just dont expect him to get many games and to just be a stop gap squad player, maybe moving on again in 12/24 months. All this negativity and I have only seen clips of him :D . God help him if he has a bad game!

Usually I am as optomistic as most when it comes to signings, but this one has left me puzzled and cold. I just hope I am wrong.
account deleted by request

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:48 pm

I don't put everything into stats but the one stat that I do take note of when it comes to strikers is the goals scored and in Voronins case he's scored 45 career goals in 153 appearances. That (if my maths is correct - which it probably isn't  :D ) equates to roughly a goal every 3.5 games. Not exactly prolific is he??? What little I've seen of the guy (and it is miniscule) he doesn't look anything special, but I wouldn't go as far as mentioning Sean Dundee.....

YET!  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Agger_The_Dagger » Wed May 16, 2007 10:02 pm

If he can help to create goals whilst he is with us then the issue of him not scoring many goals won't really be a problem.

Look at Cisse.......goalscoring record isn't too bad but you would be hard pushed to find another striker in the Premiership with such limited ability.

Give Voronin a chance and see what he can bring to the squad.

The people that are apprehensive will probably be the turncoats that come on here saying "I never doubted his ability' if he turns out to be a success.

I will reserve judgement until he has at least played enough games to be able to make a realistic assesssment on him.
Agger_The_Dagger

Postby Sabre » Wed May 16, 2007 10:05 pm

All I know about the lad is that his name sounds like a Russian politician.

So whoever knows anything about him, either because he watched 90 min game in TV, or because they have read reports about him, please post them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed May 16, 2007 10:17 pm

I'm not excited either, i've seen him in the WC and when he played us in 2005. Good on the ball and fast player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 16, 2007 10:24 pm

Maybe it's reverse psychology on Rafa's part.  Cisse came in hyped and was rubbish.  We waited a long time to get Morientes and he disappoints.  A protracted saga over Mark Gonzales' work permit gets resolved and he flatters to deceive.  Perhaps Rafa figured it was time to bring in some unknown quietly, in the dead of night, with no expectations on his shoulders.  Maybe he'll be the league's top scorer next season? ??? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Maybe it's reverse psychology on Rafa's part.  Cisse came in hyped and was rubbish.  We waited a long time to get Morientes and he disappoints.  A protracted saga over Mark Gonzales' work permit gets resolved and he flatters to deceive.  Perhaps Rafa figured it was time to bring in some unknown quietly, in the dead of night, with no expectations on his shoulders.  Maybe he'll be the league's top scorer next season? ??? :D

A half hearted try at the optimistic outlook that Bob  :D
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Wed May 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Maybe it's reverse psychology on Rafa's part.  Cisse came in hyped and was rubbish.  We waited a long time to get Morientes and he disappoints.  A protracted saga over Mark Gonzales' work permit gets resolved and he flatters to deceive.  Perhaps Rafa figured it was time to bring in some unknown quietly, in the dead of night, with no expectations on his shoulders.  Maybe he'll be the league's top scorer next season? ??? :D

I'll bet a $100 that he will score 30 goals in the premier league next season  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shimoon23 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:33 pm

I live in Austria and i follow the German Bundesliga. All I can say about the guy is that he´s a really hard worker with good stamina, but his technique, vision and game intelligence isn´t good enough for a club like liverpool.

all in all, i don´t rate the guy and they do not really rate him in germany either ... so i´m also wondering why rafa is going for him.

i think he may be just used as our fourth striker ... (replacing robbie) ... infact, i really hope so.
shimoon23

Postby Sabre » Wed May 16, 2007 10:39 pm

Well I guess that Alonso was fúcking nobody when he reached England, wasn't he?  :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion