Voronin, - I know it's early but.....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:51 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
bigmick wrote::) I'm fully aware that unfortunately at the moment I'm about as subtle as I am unpredictable. It's funny since I've moved to NZ they are having the same debate over Rugby here. Despite having unquestionably the best team in the World at the moment, Graham Henry the coach has decided to adopt a rotational selection policy. "Got to keep the players fresh" etc etc.

Just out of interest and even if you don't follow Rugby (which I must confess I don't really despite going to an All Blacks game over the weekend), what would you think might be the potential effects in a game of Rugby of rotation? Unfamiliarity perhaps, lack of fluency, anxiety amongst the players, dropped passes, moves breaking down, the team being less able to respond as a unit in times of difficulty, set-pieces not being as solid as they ought to be? Hey presto! you could be a rugby pundit!! Because that is EXACTLY what is happening with the All Blacks at the moment. They've gone from being the biggest certainties imaginable, to the doubts really starting to creep in after a defeat in Australia a couple of weeks ago. My advice to anybody looking to put the mortgage on them to win the World Cup at 1/2 is most definately DON'T.

i do play rugby myself and i have to say what is happening with the all blacks is there own doing rotation in rugby is not a good thing, you lose something from your game when you do not know were and what your other players are doing or thinking

i think they are looking to test players at the moment and see who is good enough to slot in if someone were to get injured and that is why there results of late have not been great, this will change and they will steady the ship as we go in to the world cup

but don`t think they will win it

One things for certain England definitely won't successfully defend their title :-)

Over rotation is bad though, I hope Rafa learnt that from last season.
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:i got an igor biscan vibe. he'll score one goal in his career. but it will be immense and he will always be rememebred

That's that fantasy shot to bits already. He's scored 2 so far. :grinning:  :D
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:31 pm

stmichael wrote:My prediction:

Andrei Voronin will outscore Andrei Shevchenko in the Prem this season  :laugh:

I wonder where you can get odds on that?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 pm

Judge wrote:
bigmick wrote::D  :D I know it's early but

similar to could it be weve found a gem (ala sissoko)

:rasp

The worst part about it is though Judgy I still do. I think over the next couple of seasons Sissoko will add to his already formiddable running power and the fact that he is probably the most destructive ball-winning midfielder around and become a truly top-drawer all round midfielder. I think we're nowhere near the bottom of the well on Sissoko, which is why I advocated keeping him.

Another ongoing prediction. Derby will of course be relegated, but Robert Earnshaw will once again score a stack of goals in the Premiership despite playing for a poor team, just like he did last time. My hunch is that unlike last time, his manager will pick him (Robbo' the master tactician decided that he didn't really need goals and subsequently lost his Premiership status and job into the bargain) and keep his fingers crossed that the Welshmans predatory instinct will be enough to keep them up. It won't, but it should be enough to ensure a mid-ranking team allows the diminuative and aesthetically challenged marksman to serve out his career in the division which his talents deserve.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

I'll give you 50-1 if they both start the season in England.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:50 pm

bigmick wrote:
Judge wrote:
bigmick wrote::D  :D I know it's early but

similar to could it be weve found a gem (ala sissoko)

:rasp

The worst part about it is though Judgy I still do. I think over the next couple of seasons Sissoko will add to his already formiddable running power and the fact that he is probably the most destructive ball-winning midfielder around and become a truly top-drawer all round midfielder. I think we're nowhere near the bottom of the well on Sissoko, which is why I advocated keeping him.

Another ongoing prediction. Derby will of course be relegated, but Robert Earnshaw will once again score a stack of goals in the Premiership despite playing for a poor team, just like he did last time. My hunch is that unlike last time, his manager will pick him (Robbo' the master tactician decided that he didn't really need goals and subsequently lost his Premiership status and job into the bargain) and keep his fingers crossed that the Welshmans predatory instinct will be enough to keep them up. It won't, but it should be enough to ensure a mid-ranking team allows the diminuative and aesthetically challenged marksman to serve out his career in the division which his talents deserve.

Anyone who thinks that Sissoko will not be one of the foremost midfielders in the World in the next three season needs to think again.

Once he matures and starts to look for the passes as well as breaking it up he will be awesome.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:17 pm

The way some of you speak about teams that have been promoted reminds me of how I talked about the Spanish promoted teams 10 years ago.

IMHO cases like Wigan, who was quite a surprise team the season before and was unexpectedly in the first half of the standings table, are going to be more numerous from now on.

English teams are not made of 8 english men and 3 foreigners any more. As much as the poor english clubs are very poor compared to the big ones, any english club is stronger than many european clubs and a team can make a competitive squad with 2 young polish, one spaniard and two french guys and an odd argentinian. And they can do it cheap and well if they're spot on in the market.

Teams like Recreativo have done this with amounts of money you'd consider ridiculous, and I think that with the money that is being moved in England, a team can buy abroad 5 or 6 cheap players that are competitive and with a couple of loans and a good manager they can compete. I can't see why that won't happen in England aswell sooner rather than later. I can't see why teams like Derby could not follow the same philosophy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:39 pm

I too, have questioned the signing of Voronin.... Even now after his performances in the friendlies to date where he's been scoring.... To be fair, I didn't manage to catch the games on TV, so I'm not really qualified on his ability....

If he's meant to be our 4th striker, then ok as he came in on a free... but if he was brought in for something more, then I'm a little worried. I'm all for unearthing diamonds but this just doesn't seem right me due to his age and experience..... surely someone would have spotted his talents (hidden or otherwise) by now?

Jury's out on the lad.  For me, he's still a very BIG question mark.
ConnO'var

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:48 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

I'll give you 50-1 if they both start the season in England.

il happily take bets on voronin being prem top scorer haha, it wont happen

il give you 100-1 now

get on betfair and match your bet up (if voronin is even on the list yet)
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Rafa D » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Great Debut Goal from the Voroninator today.

He'll Be Back :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:06 pm

prefer him to crouch to be honest

crouch makes us into a long ball team.......end of
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:18 pm

The lad gives us options

like what i have seen so far and could push crouch for a place, but on what i have seen so far sorry for me our first choice strikers are

torres
kuyt
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Rafa D » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:30 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Great Debut Goal from the Voroninator today.

He'll Be Back :D

Some of you guys are absolutely :censored: at describing things on here. I was stuck in work last night till 7.15pm and then I went and met a lady friend so I didn't get to see the goal till about 07.30am this morning and it was one hell of a goal.

If Stevie G or Torres would have lashed that in the top corner then we would of been singing his praises for ages.

Absolute quality strike and confirmed to me that Voronin will definitely surprise a few people this season.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 am

Amazing goal, well done Stevie G making the space for him and Crouchy's flick on but what a fecking strike, a few more this season please Andrie!!!

And he cost a whopping Fck All!!! :D
LFC1982

Postby Sarge » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:42 am

why there was no carslberg on those jerseys?
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion