Voronin deal sealed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:31 pm

good goal well controlled finnish hopefully he can do it for us
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:40 pm

im still a little dubious about him, i dont think his goal scoring record in other leagues will tell you how good a player he is.

Not to mention that in some seasons he has played close to 30 games only scoring less than 10 goals
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:00 pm

He SPEAKS!!!

Andriy Voronin has spoken of his desire to succeed in English football when he arrives at Melwood in the summer. The Ukraine striker will sign from Bayer Leverkusen on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Voronin admits he'll be leaving Germany with a heavy heart but claims the time is right for a new challenge.

"I owe Germany my football education, my successful career, my call-up to the Ukraine squad," he said.

"But I had thought about changing leagues for quite a long time. I wanted a change of environment, to discover something new, so with my Leverkusen deal coming to an end my agent began to look for options in Italy, Spain or England.

"There were some interesting offers even before the 2006 World Cup but we decided not to hurry. When we started talking about Liverpool, who I could join on a free transfer, everything clicked into place.

"I have not been to Liverpool yet. I will be catching up with that at the end of the season when I intend to study English intensively."

The 27-year-old admits he has already studied the English game, however, and is confident he can make an impact in the Premiership.

"If you talk about the physical factor, self-commitment and the compactness of the game itself, then English football is very much like the German game, though there is less time to control the ball or decide what to do," he said.

"That means you have to think more quickly, play more of a one-touch game. But Liverpool are not a typical British team. I would say they have a Spanish accent which makes their football more diverse and less predictable.

"As for individuals being able to show their talents, just look at Cristiano Ronaldo. He has proved what you can achieve if you combine talent with hard work."

Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:12 pm

I haven't seen much of him myself, but going on his record and what people have been saying, he sounds like he will be a squad player, pretty much what fowler is doing now.
KRobbo10

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:15 pm

goal against bayern the other week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBSwWidIUg
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Neat finish

But he really needs to get the hair cut
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous