Voronin deal sealed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:25 am

club_Levis wrote:5 goals in 40 internationals!!! sums it up for me...poor striker.If we interested in free players only we wont win anything. Id have Larson, Saviola, Gudjonsen and Crouch over him and that says it all. Liverpool should be bidding for the likes of Villa, Quaresma, Angulo ffs not clowns like Veronin.

the only clown around here is people like you. fool.

Maybe when he plays in a 'better' team he'll have more chances to score and just might suprise you doubters.
:alien:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:37 am

Lee J wrote:
club_Levis wrote:5 goals in 40 internationals!!! sums it up for me...poor striker.If we interested in free players only we wont win anything. Id have Larson, Saviola, Gudjonsen and Crouch over him and that says it all. Liverpool should be bidding for the likes of Villa, Quaresma, Angulo ffs not clowns like Veronin.

Maybe when he plays in a 'better' team he'll have more chances to score and just might suprise you doubters.

I would rather take Pongelle back. 

Berbatov was in the same Leverkuson side and scored goals

03-04 Bayer Leverkusen  16 Goals, 33 Games 
04-05 Bayer Leverkusen  21 Goals, 33 Games 
05-06 Bayer Leverkusen  21 Goals, 34 Games 

Bulgaria 34 goals, 54 games

Whenever I saw Leverkuson Veronin was the not the striker that impressed.

Ukraine may not be great but 5 goals in 40 games is still not a great ratio.
puroresu

Postby radun5 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:03 pm

puroresu wrote:
Lee J wrote:

I would rather take Pongelle back. 

Berbatov was in the same Leverkuson side and scored goals

03-04 Bayer Leverkusen  16 Goals, 33 Games 
04-05 Bayer Leverkusen  21 Goals, 33 Games 
05-06 Bayer Leverkusen  21 Goals, 34 Games 

Bulgaria 34 goals, 54 games

Whenever I saw Leverkuson Veronin was the not the striker that impressed.

Ukraine may not be great but 5 goals in 40 games is still not a great ratio.

I agree with you on comparison with Berbatov on Leverkusen games, but not on International games.

Baros was excellent for Czech Republic, yet he did not provide the goods for us. What I mean is International games are very different. Plus I do not know how many of those 40 caps were full time games, I remember the article about him said that he was a reserve for some time.

And another thing - any chance for mods to change the topic name - it is Voronin with an O. Such errors are quickly propagated.
radun5

Postby Marianne » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:18 pm

I just dont really see the point in getting him-I hope Rafa proves me wrong, thats all I can say!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby club_Levis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Lee J wrote:

fooling around and labelling me with silly tags wont make the guy a good player. I have watched him enough to make my conclusions. He is simply not good enough.
club_Levis

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Voronin isn't great or better than any of our strikers but he's been playing on the flank for Ukraine for much of his career because of his pace, in order to accommodate Chavchenko.

I don't care how many goals he gets for his national team. Milan Baros had a fantastic record for his country but couldn't score in a brothel here or at Aston Villa
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:30 pm

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:41 pm

for me the biggest shame is to see robbie quitely leave through the back door without so much as a whimper, last season he came back with the biggest smile on his face to be given a chance, but rafa hasn't seen enough to give him games, it is such a pity as i thought that with 2 wingers this season it would be ideal for a "fox in the box"

robbie was never gonna come back and run the back line ragged or run into channels like kyte and bellamy

as for this russian, SQaud player about sums him up from what i have read, and while i am no fan of cissie i would rather bring him off bench than a 27 year old journey man strikers looking for a big pay packet in england, another boyhood fan i bet

but seen how i have never seen him play i will wait to see what the el boss has planned
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby bigxchris » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:35 pm

Voronin is apparently starting tonight against Blackburn for anyone intrested in watching this guy, should be intresting....mabye.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 pm

thanks for the info bully but im out tonight so cant watch it.

is it repeated later on??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Saw Voronin against Blackburn earlier this evening.

He played a lone strikers role and made zero impact. Nothing about his play was impressive.

I wish I could give one positive, like hes quick or holds the ball up but he was average at everything he did.

I understand that this player was recommended to Benitez by his scout network who obviously see him as a catch on free transfer.

On this performance, and I am well aware its one away game for him, but the lads we have on the books already, including Fowler and Pongolle look better players than Voronin.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Probably not LFC material but I'll give him a chance.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Sarge » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:21 am

is he an answer to our question? If yes, i need to know what question that might be..
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby skipper » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:50 am

Another squad player.  Supposedly works hard and can be versatile.  Obviously, he's not a major signing but a free transfer for him isn't the worst deal in the world.  If Rafa likes him, then we should give him a chance.

The only drawback for me is that Voronin's arrival will most certainly mean the exit for Robbie. :(
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:25 pm

VORONIN SET FOR ANFIELD MOVE
Paul Eaton 25 February 2007 
  Liverpool have today confirmed they have reached an agreement with Andriy Voronin to bring the Ukrainian international to Anfield. 
The 27 year old, who has been playing his football in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen, will join the Reds in the summer.

He has previously played for Cologne, Mainz and Borussia Moenchengladbach and also represented his country on 40 occasions, scoring five goals in the process. 

It seems its official now, on the lfc. tv website
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion