Voronin deal sealed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Micky6Cups » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:15 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
Micky6Cups wrote:
parchpea wrote:Its not Robhino or Villa is it.

You never know, it's sometimes the darkhorses that can surprise.

I tend to agree of course, Anfield for too long has been too cluttered with 'gonna-be's' and while it's nice to have some of these to keep us dreaming of a new found Fowler or Owen etc they're more often than not Sean Dundee's :)

One or two of these types to beef up the squad is grand, and unforunately it looks like God will be retiring... i wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least Bellamy, and mayb even Crouchy go to, to help beef up the supposed transfer kitty.

id certainly go after Simao again, theres another guy at Benfica, Miccoli (who scored against us) that i also like! Robbie Keane would be a GREAT signing for us, and i think one of liverpools biggest failures over the last number of years was not getting Duffer when we had the chance- twice. Wingplay unlocks games- and we chose Kewell (waster) and got nowhere for years!

Summer should be interesting. Here's hoping next time round we can start with 5 wins, get us in the mood!!

You said in another post that you are a member of various forums...So who do you actually support mate?

Or just like football?

I actually support Liverpool. :)

Am from Belfast also...!!
Micky6Cups

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:00 am

I wont complain at this signing, considering the current set of strikers we have here havent lit up the premiership so far who am i to complain about another striker? and why must there be just 4? go for 6 ! theres bound to be one who is a regular scorer !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:02 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Squad player then?

It certainly spells the end for God, but it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realise he's not fancied anymore.
Sad day, though, when he leaves again.
:(

Yes , Lando I totally agree that IT will be a sad day whenGOD leaves us!
Just so glad that I was able to get my 6 yearold son upto the Fulham game last season when Robbie scored his first Premiership goal in his second spell as my son had always heard me going on about Fowler and how I missed him when he was away, so it was Special for him too!
As for Veronin don't know anything about him, just hope he's nowt like the Veron with the IN missing from his name!  At least he won't cost as much. :D
KOPMATT

Postby Years Of Decay » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 am

Have to admit this is most certainly not the calibre of player i was hoping we would now go after with the increased funds...   ???

Hoping this is bulls.hit, we need class players now, thanks
Image Image
5 TIMES IN ISTANBUL
*6 Times In Athens*
Years Of Decay

Postby Marianne » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:53 am

he played against blackburn in the uefa cup didnt he?-he wasnt great, i dont know why we are looking for another striker!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby Espionage » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:18 am

If nothing else it shows that Rafa is probably going to stick with playing 2 strikers.  With God probably on the way out we do need more cover for Crouch, Kuyt and with the recent rumour about Bellamy who knows.

Nothing wrong with lining up some bargain squad cover....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marianne » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:59 pm

what is the point in having fowler-he doesnt play!
Oh Gerro we love you
Marianne

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Know little or nothing about this guy Voronin other than he is an International player. He can't be a bad player as, being a free transfer, I don't see a problem in giving him a chance. Nothing more than a squad player. Defo spells the end for Robbie though. :(
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby jkop » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:12 pm

Micky6Cups wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:
Micky6Cups wrote:
parchpea wrote:Its not Robhino or Villa is it.

You never know, it's sometimes the darkhorses that can surprise.

I tend to agree of course, Anfield for too long has been too cluttered with 'gonna-be's' and while it's nice to have some of these to keep us dreaming of a new found Fowler or Owen etc they're more often than not Sean Dundee's :)

One or two of these types to beef up the squad is grand, and unforunately it looks like God will be retiring... i wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least Bellamy, and mayb even Crouchy go to, to help beef up the supposed transfer kitty.

id certainly go after Simao again, theres another guy at Benfica, Miccoli (who scored against us) that i also like! Robbie Keane would be a GREAT signing for us, and i think one of liverpools biggest failures over the last number of years was not getting Duffer when we had the chance- twice. Wingplay unlocks games- and we chose Kewell (waster) and got nowhere for years!

Summer should be interesting. Here's hoping next time round we can start with 5 wins, get us in the mood!!

You said in another post that you are a member of various forums...So who do you actually support mate?

Or just like football?

I actually support Liverpool. :)

Am from Belfast also...!!

Is that Belfast Northern Ireland or Belfast Ireland ? ???
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:16 pm

I agree Fowler is my hero i use to dream of playing upfront for liverpool when i was a kid and to me Fowler was my GOD before and without his eventually nickname. But all this ''it will be a sad day when he goes'' shi.t is winding me up, he is not good enough for liverpool anymore FACT so why keep him we should have young promising players as 4th choice striker not a LEGEND indecline. So for me it will not be a sad day but a step in the right direction for LIVERPOOLFC.

As for veronin, good player and free so whats the worst that could happen,
versatile and experienced with a few years left in him before he starts to decline so give him time before judgement.

But i also think that we will need another striker a proven worldclass goalscorer for anytype of title challenge next season
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 pm

from SSN:

Andrei Voronin's agent has confirmed that the Bayer Leverkusen striker will join Liverpool on a four-year deal in the summer.

It was first announced following Bayer's defeat to Hannover on Saturday that the Ukrainian international had clinched a deal with The Reds.

Voronin has opted to leave the Bundesliga after spending a decade in German football and will now join Rafa Benitez's squad on a free transfer at the end of the current campaign.

Neither club has confirmed Voronin's prospective move as yet, but agent Andrei Golovash has revealed that the deal has been in the pipeline for some time.

"It's a four-year deal," Golovash told local media.

"We had some other options but Liverpool have always remained our priority.

"We agreed everything long before but only now decided to announce the signing."

Voronin's arrival could herald the end of Robbie Fowler's second spell at Anfield, but the future of Craig Bellamy is also under scrutiny following allegations of bad behaviour on a club trip to Portgual.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

On the official site now.

link
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:00 pm

dward wrote:On the official site now.

link

So our attack is not getting any better looking then  :D