Voronin deal sealed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:09 am

Quality not quantity.
Wish we would just get rid of them NOT good enough to play for Liverpool buy those that ARE good enough to play for Liverpool.
Instead of making the numbers up with mediocre ones.
I hate saying this and its an old cliche but would he get into Arsenal, Chelsea or Manu NO he wouldnt and I am not just picking on this player alone we have far to many of these sort of squad players that would not play for the big clubs in Europe.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:22 am

One thing that I can think of to justify this signing is that he should take the role of being a backup at Anfield very well, he must know that he is not coming to LFC to be a regular starter, but to improve the Defense in training, and to give all he can and add goals whenever he sees the pitch.  I am thinking that Rafa signed him because this guy is going to have the exact attitude that you look for in a number 4 striker option.  There are rumors that God is possibly going to the US so he can still have some dominance in his later years, and that maybe crouch is going to want out for more playing time? that will also leave space for one super awseome world class forward that the team needs with Bellamy taking on a supporting, spot starting and super-sub role.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 am

Not really a signing we need, squad player at best. If we want to sign a striker from the Bundesliga we should be looking at Klose.

The only advantage is that it's a free transfer.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:18 pm

A few weeks ago I read celtic were interested and I wasnt happy as he isnt good enough for the hoops.  Even worse Liverpool sign him.  His average and no more than that.
puroresu

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Dundalk wrote:And with all the money we are supposed to be getting is this the type of player we are looking to attract, I dont think so.

He sounds more of a Wigan or Pompey signing.

In all fairness its a free transfer what harm will it do. I think he was a good player for Leverkusen, good CL and international pedigree.

It still amazes me how many people jump on the negative side of any deal that they are unfamiliar with. Rafa makes mistakes but at least see if its a mistake before you start questioning??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:17 pm

I think he did well for ukraine in the world cup during the sumer
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:28 pm

free transfer so i dont see a problem with it, coming from the german league so should have no problem adapting to the prem, might end up being a good 4th.

if we are serious about challenging next season then a think we`ll see another forward come in with robbie and one other going the other way.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:48 pm

This is the one major problem about this takeover.

We're going to have a load of bellends moaning when we don't sign Ronaldinho, Kaka and Eto'o.

Give the lad a chance before judging ffs.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:22 pm

FREE Exellent buisness by Rafa.   He is freee so if hes :censored: just sell him for a fee.  Its a win win situation in my eyes.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:45 pm

He's free but he will take up one of the 4 striker positions for the next few years and will no doubt be on a very good contract. While not expecting Ronaldinho I was hoping for a more high profile signing, and for someone 27 he has hardly broken many pots and is hardly going to get much better is he?

I can't honestly see him making up much of the gap between us , the mancs and Chelski. We have bought too many squad players, hardworking or not over the last few years. I want to see a couple of automatic first teamers brought in, or at the very least top quality players like Mascherano.
account deleted by request

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:47 pm

This summer is about quality not quantity, if this guy is coming into be our 4th striker and can fill in at different positions then it may be a decent signing on a short term contract.

But I would rather our 4th striker be a promising teenager who may put some genuine pressure on the main strikers when he starts to mature.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Its not Robhino or Villa is it.

Was hoping for so much more but we live in hope.

We need pure class, first team players not squad fillers. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come!
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Graeme Noble » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:25 pm

I think he is good but nothing more. Kuyt, Bellamy and Crouch IMO have more to offer.
Graeme Noble

Postby Micky6Cups » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 am

parchpea wrote:Its not Robhino or Villa is it.

You never know, it's sometimes the darkhorses that can surprise.

I tend to agree of course, Anfield for too long has been too cluttered with 'gonna-be's' and while it's nice to have some of these to keep us dreaming of a new found Fowler or Owen etc they're more often than not Sean Dundee's :)

One or two of these types to beef up the squad is grand, and unforunately it looks like God will be retiring... i wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least Bellamy, and mayb even Crouchy go to, to help beef up the supposed transfer kitty.

id certainly go after Simao again, theres another guy at Benfica, Miccoli (who scored against us) that i also like! Robbie Keane would be a GREAT signing for us, and i think one of liverpools biggest failures over the last number of years was not getting Duffer when we had the chance- twice. Wingplay unlocks games- and we chose Kewell (waster) and got nowhere for years!

Summer should be interesting. Here's hoping next time round we can start with 5 wins, get us in the mood!!
Micky6Cups

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:14 am

Micky6Cups wrote:
parchpea wrote:Its not Robhino or Villa is it.

You never know, it's sometimes the darkhorses that can surprise.

I tend to agree of course, Anfield for too long has been too cluttered with 'gonna-be's' and while it's nice to have some of these to keep us dreaming of a new found Fowler or Owen etc they're more often than not Sean Dundee's :)

One or two of these types to beef up the squad is grand, and unforunately it looks like God will be retiring... i wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least Bellamy, and mayb even Crouchy go to, to help beef up the supposed transfer kitty.

id certainly go after Simao again, theres another guy at Benfica, Miccoli (who scored against us) that i also like! Robbie Keane would be a GREAT signing for us, and i think one of liverpools biggest failures over the last number of years was not getting Duffer when we had the chance- twice. Wingplay unlocks games- and we chose Kewell (waster) and got nowhere for years!

Summer should be interesting. Here's hoping next time round we can start with 5 wins, get us in the mood!!

You said in another post that you are a member of various forums...So who do you actually support mate?

Or just like football?
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion