View from the square box...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Riena - 7. Had very little to except sweep up, was quick of his line and his distribution was excellent as usual.

Finnan - 8. Excellent distribution, good passes, decent crosses, defended excellently and was very cool when he trapped the ball on his own goal line.

Carragher - 8. Solid, aggressive, taclked superbly and marked van Nistlerooy and Rooney out of the game like they weren't playing.

Hyypia - 8. Won most arial battles, controlled the line superbly, organised the defence and was solid on the deck. Used the ball well too.

Riise 7. Defended well, tried to get forward but didn't influence the play. Put some good tackles in. linked well with Kewell when he had the chance.

Gerrard - 7. Was up and down and tried to make things happen. Played alot of good balls and influenced the game. Was a very strong and hard working as ever.

Hamann - 8. Passed really well, used his head and experience. Had to much physical presence for the United midfield. Second best player on the pitch.

Sissoko - 8. Man of the match. Still sloppy in possession but was everywhere. Covered every blade of grass and won loads of tackles. Shown good skill in circumstances aswell, very very good game. His best in a Liverpool shirt for the second week running.

Kewell - 7. The assassin :D . Great tackles on Neville and battled really well. Put in one or two decent crosses aswell.

Crouch - 7. Done ok, scored a great header and worked hard.

Morientes - 7. Ran his balls off and shown some excellent touches and peices of skill. Massive improvement on recent performances, looked to have more confidence today.

Subs:

Luis Garcia - 6. Done well, kept the ball and battled as always.

Cisse - 6. Actually chased the ball down.

Kromkamp - 6. Got stuck in.

Quality performance.

Team as a whole. 8. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:03 pm

cant really disagree with any of that, i thought we crushed them in midfield, we were to strong and powerful for them and basically looked fairly comforatble throughout. Good team performance.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:04 pm

I reckon you'd be pretty close in your observations Stu. :D

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:06 pm

Couldn't argue with any of that, particularly MOM Sissoko. He is maturing into a ball-winning midfielder and game breaker of the very highest class. it's odd because his form went through a bit of a slump recently and I was most definately in the "stck him on the bench for a bit" camp. As of now, I imagine that opposition fans and players find him intensely annoying which usually indicates a very effective player.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:06 pm

Quality assessment
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cisse's Beard » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Yeah, your ratings seem pretty accurate. Good game by the team as a whole.
Cisse's Beard

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:32 pm

Hamman was my man of the match today...always solid and always breaking up the oppositions play.  Hope he signs a new contract because i still think he's a solid 1st team member of LFC.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:50 pm

totally agree with them Stu,but i thought Finnan was the outstanding player on view and would get 8.5 from me
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:54 pm

there was 1 time in the 96th minute where cisse was strolling around the united half instead of putting players under pressure when there defenders had the ball and they were desperate for a goal.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:18 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Riena - 7. Had very little to except sweep up, was quick of his line and his distribution was excellent as usual.

Finnan - 8. Excellent distribution, good passes, decent crosses, defended excellently and was very cool when he trapped the ball on his own goal line.

Carragher - 8. Solid, aggressive, taclked superbly and marked van Nistlerooy and Rooney out of the game like they weren't playing.

Hyypia - 8. Won most arial battles, controlled the line superbly, organised the defence and was solid on the deck. Used the ball well too.

Riise 7. Defended well, tried to get forward but didn't influence the play. Put some good tackles in. linked well with Kewell when he had the chance.

Gerrard - 7. Was up and down and tried to make things happen. Played alot of good balls and influenced the game. Was a very strong and hard working as ever.

Hamann - 8. Passed really well, used his head and experience. Had to much physical presence for the United midfield. Second best player on the pitch.

Sissoko - 8. Man of the match. Still sloppy in possession but was everywhere. Covered every blade of grass and won loads of tackles. Shown good skill in circumstances aswell, very very good game. His best in a Liverpool shirt for the second week running.

Kewell - 7. The assassin :D . Great tackles on Neville and battled really well. Put in one or two decent crosses aswell.

Crouch - 7. Done ok, scored a great header and worked hard.

Morientes - 7. Ran his balls off and shown some excellent touches and peices of skill. Massive improvement on recent performances, looked to have more confidence today.

Subs:

Luis Garcia - 6. Done well, kept the ball and battled as always.

Cisse - 6. Actually chased the ball down.

Kromkamp - 6. Got stuck in.

Quality performance.

Team as a whole. 8. :)

:laugh:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:49 am

Why is this funny....... ???
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:57 am

Dundalk wrote:Why is this funny....... ???

He's the new Roberts  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:02 am

Okay fair enough....
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:57 am

drummerphil wrote:totally agree with them Stu,but i thought Finnan was the outstanding player on view and would get 8.5 from me

yup, definitely. My MOM - finnan.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Immortal » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:19 am

Hamann showed some excellent footwork, the MU players were just overshooting him most of the time.

Sissoko did well too, he was playing as well as he did against Arsenal in midweek.

Morientes deserves a mention here coz he had loads of nice touches. At least he's finally learned that while he can't outrun most defenders, he can at least outdribble them.

I think Garcia would have scored if he had more time in the match.

I did notice that in the 2nd half, MU had more possession as compared to the first half. Maybe this is becoz our players got a bit muted after all the cards. You could see that Hamann wasn't tackling anymore after he got carded.

Gerrard did a two-footed challenge early in the match, good thing that didn't connect.

Overall, our boys played well, but as usual, it would have helped if our strikers made more of the chances they had.
Immortal

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion