Viera

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:43 pm

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=265525&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=10&title=Reds+in+Vieri+link&channel=Spain

sky sports today.....we are after vieri...........once everyone is fit........cant see why we would need him.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Had me goin there, thought we were signin Patrick Viera for a minute!! Bet Stevie'd be keen to play alongside him next season at Anfield.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:17 pm

SORRY ABOUT THAT...Realised spelling error after it was too late.......
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:43 pm

Hmmmm......I personally don't think Rafa wants Baros at the club anymore, so if he gets rid of him, it would make sense to draft in an experienced striker.

Rafa rates Pongo and Cisse and he wouldn't have bought Morientes if he didn't want to keep him.

2 young, fast strikers and 2 experienced, good in the air forwards. Sounds like a plan! :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:03 pm

??? Hes 32 though?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:15 pm

Granted, but do you not think he will do a job for us? He's big, can hold the ball up and can certainly score.

He wouldn't play every game, that's for sure - but look at Shearer, he's (I think) 34? He's still banging em in and i'm sure Vieri could too.

I think it would only be a stop gap anyway for a season, then draft someone else in. :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:19 pm

I see what you mean like cause Gary Mac was no spring chicken and we won the treble with him coming in the team. Its just if we want to keep Stevie and hes making demands for world class players I dont think Vieri would be on his wish list.
Bring back michael owen, end of story.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:21 pm

Vieri? No thank you, he's having trouble playing regulary for Inter Milan  and he's way past it imo. Surely we can find somebody better
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Feeney » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:30 pm

Owen's a funny one - went on hols last year just after he left and got his autobiography to try to understand. It hurt more than it helped.

The last two pages only talk about one thing - Stevie going. He was so happy that Stevie called him to say he was staying and looking forward to this season - then bam - gone to The Joke Club.

Why say all that, then f**k off? It still grates me now - it just feels f**king cold. I don't believe cash is king with him and I do believe if he had of had top level success with us he wouldn't have gone - but because of that double standard I wouldn't want him back. ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:47 pm

i agree,far too old.....if he was going down that route,bring back robbie i say...........oh and i apologise again for making you think it was a certain Arsenal player
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:56 pm

Robbie? He's a reminder of the spice boys and one I would much rather not refer to. Anyway, I heard he's too busy these days buying a house with Macca :p

As I mentioned, it would only be a short term thing, and I can't see a future for Baros (bearing in mind, I do rate him, but Rafa doesn't like him).

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:58 am

No thank you very much . Far too inconsistent to make an impression in the Prem and living on past glories for the last couple of years ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:02 am

Feeney wrote:As I mentioned, it would only be a short term thing, and I can't see a future for Baros (bearing in mind, I do rate him, but Rafa doesn't like him).

I wonder why  ???  It surely can;t be Baros's "throw the rattle out of the pram" behaviour every time he is dropped or asked to play substitue....or maybe it's that frustrating habit of head down and run into trouble , no, maybe it's the selfish style of his play or just might be the knowledge that when it comes to Milan Baros the player only serves his own purposes when we need a TEAM  ???

8-10Milion for Baros should afford us the luxury of finding someone of much better quality than Vieri .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:24 am

I'd love that kinda cash - but who is out there that's good enough? Peter Crouch? :D :D : :D  :D

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:27 am

You seem to only know about players in the Premiership, I mean seriously you are talking as if you couldn't buy a good striker with a price range from 8-12 million.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion